Little Busters! - Kanata Futaki Route & Character Discussion

Discussion thread for Kanata’s route and her character. You can point out things from the original LB! as well but make sure to [spoiler] tag things from the other EX routes (Saya & Sasami). Her birthday is the 13th of October.

What would you rate this route?

0 voters

2 Likes

Shame on you for ignoring the twin of best girl. I really hated her character in the beginning but when I read Haruka’s route and watched her arc in the EX anime I fell in love with her. She’s done so much for her sister that she pretty much has nothing to lose, as she’ll go so far as marry someone to protect her. A+ job, Kanata.

1 Like

Pretty great route. Also a nice way of explaining on what people may have wondered about with the characters remembering things after routes.
I really liked the anime adaptation of the final scenes. Especially the bonus one right at the end with every character on the hill. It really was a good ending to the little busters anime - and maybe little busters as a whole ;_;

1 Like

Kanata’s route is my favorite in LB! and to explain why I have to go over why I like LB! in the first place. Little Busters! is my favorite VN because all characters are great on their own but the interactions between them are even better. I think Kanata’s route did the group mechanics and handled the introduction of a new member the best. When you start the route there are a bunch of scenes with Kanata and Haruka but they also gave her some scene with all the other little busters(except maybe Masato). Whenever one of Kanata’s issues are brought up there are alway a bunch of people that help her and not just Riki, even in the climax there is this giant epic operation to fuck over the pulsating piles of rotting maggot-food that is the Futaki family. That final scene is still one of the biggest adrenaline rushes for me; it’s also not clear in the beginning what is going on so finding out you were stealing the bride from a wedding was so funny and awesome. I’m so glad you screw over those assholes; it’s so rare outside of Rewrite that the protagonists have someone to fight against, but nothing stops the little busters when they go all out.
Kanata’s route does have that one weird moment with Haruka and Kanata speaking in between world-resets; this is where smart people start analysing stuff, but I’m very confused about what happened there. They talk about passing around “something” which belongs to everyone; I’m guessing that’s referring to Riki maybe? It was a while since I read EX but back then I interpreted that scene like they were still in a limbo world after Refrain going along with a fan-theory I heard about earlier.

About Kanata as a character, I really like her serious nature and she is really cute. Haruka is funny but she can be a bit too much at times so Kanata juxtaposes her very neatly. She does have some kuudere moments but even after she and Riki start dating she still acts very serious most of the time; she feels more like a real person than an archetype.

I’m pretty sure you can make album but I don’t know how so and there is also a song about pickles sung by Suzuki Keiko.

5 Likes

This.
Although they throw everyone there most likely just to have Kanata interacted with the rest of LB! and make the wedding busters look more natural.
And people often seem to overlook this but Kanata’s route happened because of Kyousuke,make you wonder why he wants her route to happen.

Don’t forget Kanata’s drama cd (take place after her route).

1 Like

It would make the most sense if he did it on Haruka’s request; she makes it sound like she knew things would play out like they did. Wedding busters is the best name for that event.

2 Likes

Doesn’t really sound like Haruka would be doing that.
I remember there was this scene with Kanata mocking Kyousuke’s method of doing things and then during wedding busters,she apologizes and thanks him for what he did.If Haruka asked Kyousuke to do that then she should have been the one thanking him no ?

P.S: I really hate Kanata’s H-scene >>

Yep Kanata’s was particularly bad compared to the others I’ve seen (the other two EX heroines). They’re all pretty bad anyway, I’d imagine the rest of the h-scenes are bad if not worse based off the images and when they occur.

I’m not hating it because it was bad though,I would only laughed at it if there was just that.
Hate it because the connection it has with Haruka’s bad end.

Oh, explain? I think I might’ve missed that since I used machine translations.

You didn’t miss anything,you simply can’t see that scene if you have the current eng patch installed and
some players (me) keep replaying Kanata’s route to try and see that blue eyes CG just to learn it wasn’t even in Kanata’s route.

1 Like

Kyousuke says that they were talking about the club room, so that and the wedding scene doesn’t necessarily have any connection. Kanata thanking Kyousuke for making the route happen would assume she knew about it, when Riki confesses she is surprised so either she didn’t know or she didn’t believe Riki would actually go for it; both could be true. She could just be thanking them for saving her; that’s another possibility.

They’re all horrible but Kanata’s has the line “That hurt, baka” which cracks me up, it’s far from the worst sex scene EX has the offer at least.

2 Likes

Ofc he said that.Not like he gonna told Riki what he was actually talking about.
Kyousuke mentioned it was a trial and error process and how he can’t move everything the way he likes probably referring to you know what.
Granted,they might really just be talking about the club room but that would be sooooooo less interesting (and meaningless).

She specifically thanks Kyousuke though and she also apologized for the stuffs she said to him so it most likely that she was referring to their above conversation.
I think she has some knowledge about the world but never expected her route to happen and like you said she didn’t think Riki would go for it all the way.Afterall,you have to choose to stay with her twice to continue her route,choose to leave her alone like she told you to will just lead to a dead end.

1 Like

Even if he was just talking about the club room, it’d still be about more than that, due to… well, him being Kyousuke… If he said “Oh, I couldn’t get all the chapters of this manga…” it’d mean he wasn’t able to fabricate them within the world, and so he is secretly talking about the limitations of his control over the world.

1 Like

I’m gonna stay away from all the other posts for now because I don’t wanna be spoiled :stuck_out_tongue: But I just wanted to figure out why people hate Kanata so much. Biz gave a good explanation in the bad ends thread:

I think what she did makes more sense in the long run and the reason why people hate her so much is that they don’t know why she’s doing that. The biggest thing to remember about Kanata, I think, is that none of those bad stuff that she did happened in the real world. From Biz’s explanation, at least (which I trust more than my own memory :P), what she did, she did for the sake of exploiting the secret of the world.

Would she have done the same things in the real world? Had she already done those? Well, I can’t answer that. Maybe her route explains it, maybe it doesn’t. I’ll find out eventually

1 Like

I believe that those things, or things similar, happened in the real world. That family issue was a reality. I recall that post LB! Riki noted that the two warmed up to one another. I think they all gained something from that time. It’s the removal of her from Riki specifically that only happened in that bad end in that world.

Reminder that this is a spoilers thread on Kanata’s route, so Refrain spoilers are fair game, seeing as you must know the secret to read the route to begin with.

1 Like

Oh alright, I forgot which EX routes took place in common, and which took place after Refrain.

I specifically meant the scene with the bench, though, since most people seem to find that memorable of Kanata’s evil personality :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Would she have done the same thing in the real world, or had she done something similar? Well, who knows.

I started Little Busters not long ago after have seen the anime, I know then the story of Kanata who is one of my favorite characters. But each time, I am still amazed how much she can be unfriendly. It makes you wonder how her route is possible in Extasy.

It’s been brought up before, and after my rereading, I think I can answer why Kanata’s route exists. This route happens after the resolution of Refrain where Haruka attempts to get along with her sister. Thanks to that she learns about all of Kanata’s sacrifices and the whole marriage shenanigans that are about to tear them apart forever. I can’t 100% say what the plan was, but obviously the fabricated world is rebooted. The characters seem to have different goals with the reboot. Haruka aims to find a way to save her sister while Kanata only seems to want to make up for lost time with Haruka. I think this is made clear by how the two interact with Riki. Kanata is always a cold workaholic telling Riki he should have fun with his friends instead. Haruka( along with A-chan senpai) clearly ships RikixKanata. It is then quite ironic that it doesn’t matter which twin he falls in love with: the result remains the same. Whether according to plan or not, Kanata ends up asking the others for help, and then the world ends. After that Haruka wakes up with her arm in bandages giving us the context of the real world. So Wedding Busters takes place in the real world making another possible epilogue to Refrain.

I’m not well versed enough in Refrain to know if rebooting the dream like this is a plot hole or not, but I still think it’s cool as shit. Kanata’s route is a sequel to both Refrain and Haruka’s route. Therefore it takes elements from both, and it works really well. It’s just another reason for this to be my favorite route.

5 Likes

Well with the official steam release of little busters i finally got the chance to read kanata’s route along with sasami and saya.

Don’t hate me for this but this route is my least favourite of ex routes. Things started a slow in this route ]Riki joining the dormitory committee for help and kanata being there. The first half with mostly slice of life and kanata and Riki’s interaction was okay but not interesting. Things only got serious and interesting after the alcohol lamp accident. But i feel it was to serious. The writers tried to add some comedy with kanata’s tea cup and her pouring down tea on someone but it wasn’t enough.

I’m not saying that laughs are important for story but the feeling of sadness or losing something is grown strongly after you felt happy at first. Kanata’s route was the most serious of all.

But one thing that was unique and i loved about kanata’s route is flashback. Her rote had the most and strongly written flashbacks. We see why haruka is treated like a unneeded kid (yeah i stole that from the vn) why she put herself through the misery because she didn’t wanted kanata, her sister, to suffer as her. They made a promise to play fake in front of their families, to pretend to hate each other. But in this long time and the abuse she suffered from the saigusas she failed to remember the reality, she broke. Kanata couldn’t see this she had to do something to save her precious sister. So she gave up her life, she became a doll, a mechanical doll for the manipulative people to use. She did this to save haruka and I hold her in high regards for this selfless act.

Also i don’t know but does haruka remember Riki from her route because she talks a lot of time about how he helped her.

And then there is when kanata asks why riki helped her if you answer with ‘i can’t answer’ then riki remembers haruka with a perplexed feeling in his heart.

Also at the wedding crash if you chose the ‘i can’t answer’ then riki kisses haruka. What does tjis mean, does riki remember his feelings for haruka this time like he did in saya’s route?.