Little Busters! English Edition - Typo & Bug Reports

Saya (common route) after Kurugaya fights Masato.

Should be “If she and Tokido form a tag team, wouldn’t they be unbeatable…?”

“Sasami’s Half-eaten Rice Crackers” changes into “Sasami’s Pinch of Persimmon Seeds” when in battle.

This is technically not a spoiler, but MagusVerborum hasn't seen the scene connected to this yet and doesn't want to be spoiled on it

It should say “Electromagnetic Barrier”. A t is missing.

Now I’m going to be a grammar Nazi…

Kud’s route towards the end ( definitely in post Refrain extra “bad” end Kud, maybe in pre Refrain “bad” Kud too? ), talking of books - “less” should be “fewer”

It should be “judgement”, not “judgment”.

Curiously, judgement is spelled correctly on the left side and incorrectly on the right side.

bild
A wild period appeared!

The description refers to “Continue” as “Don’t stop”.

The S in the first “Skip” in the description shouldn’t be capitalized.

(Sasami spoilers)

The first “they” should be changed to “They” in both cases.

“ther” should be replaced with “tell her”.

bild

Sasami’s route has rather inconsistent usage of quotation marks for no apparent reason. This is by no means exlusive to Sasami’s route, but is much more noticeable there than in the rest of the VN.

bild
Another case of inconsistent quotation marks. However, there also seem to be unnecessary spaces between “the” and “‘master’” and “world” and “here”.

(Kanata spoilers)

“Ticket” should be changed to “ticket” for the sake of consistency.

bild
“maybe” should be separated into “may be”.

The quotation marks around “why” are inconsistent with those commonly used to replace 『 』 and should therefore be changed.

(Kud spoiler)

“than” should be replaced with “then”.

(Saya spoilers)

bild
Another case of a “than” that should be “then”.

“live” should be changed to “lives”.

(Refrain spoilers)

bild
Another example of quotation marks being used in a manner that is inconsistent with most of the VN.

Should be “forever” instead of “foever”.

bild
“liabillity” should be “liabilty”.

A space seems to be missing just after the first period.

bild
The F in “friends” should be capitalized since it’s part of a title.

2 Likes

“Judgment” is actually a correct spelling of the word, as is “Judgement”. It is curious to see it spelled differently on the two different sides though ^^;

Whenever I try to start the game, it says “The code execution cannot proceed beacause steam_api.dll was not found.” ,Even though it is there in the game folders.I even tried reinstalling but to no avail.

Have you tried emailing support? This seems like a pretty serious issue.

This is kind of hard to describe but I will try my best to explain step by step what happens to me :

1. I play the baseball match
  2. I retry the match by going back with Z
  3. I try to ctrl through the match
  4. The game always freezes in the middle with just the music playing in the background. Minimizing and maximizing the window removes the display just leaving the audio playing
  5. As a side note, the audio also does not progress and soon the whole game stops responding practically leaving me locked

Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

Well, that comment that made it into the Kanata route dialogue…

It’s mine. :yahaha:

@Ost
In American English, “judgement” is generally considered an incorrect spelling compared to “judgment”. The story behind some of them being “judgement” and some of them being “judgment” was that I made the suggestion that all instances of “judgement” should be turned into “judgment”, but as it turns out, not all of them got changed. :uee:

I generally use “judgement” myself just because I’m one of like maybe ten Americans that grew up with British spellings.

As for the quotation marks, the Japanese script (and Sasami’s route in particular) uses quotation marks (『』) for emphasis a lot, which is not exactly common usage in English. They may seem odd, but the emphasis serve their purpose in the route. Generally I prefer using italics for emphasis, but without that as an option, it was better off to keep them as quotation marks as the original translators did.

I’ll admit that I was completely wrong about “judgment” being incorrect, but as far as I know both “judgment” and “judgement” are accepted spellings in American English. For reference, The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language lists both spellings, with “judgement” being listed as a variant of “judgment”. As far as I can tell this implies that “judgment” is indeed the preferred American spelling, but that “judgement” is by no means incorrect. However, English is not my field of expertise so I may very well be wrong about this.

My issue does not lie in the fact that quotation marks are used to emphasize in the English translation, but that the formatting of the quotation marks is largely inconsistent. While『 』seems to be translated into ‘ ’ most of the time, it is sometimes, for no apparent reason, translated into ’ ’ instead. While it is not a major issue, it does bother me and I would very much like to see all instances of ’ ’ changed into ‘ ’ or vice versa. I’ve provided an example below to clarify.

(Possible Refrain spoilers)

In the first two screenshots,『 』is translated into ’ ', while in the other two『 』is translated to ‘ ’. While both variants are correct, they are inconsistent, which is why I believe that one of them should be changed.

Ah, my bad. Can’t comment on those, but my guess is the inconsistency happened due to different people using different text editors or handling it differently.

Most definitely. I’ve done the same thing with “…”, “…” and “. . .” in scripts.

Kanata route. The day after the date.

Strelka is female, so it should be “her” instead of “him”

“Judgement” is apparently the preferred spelling for this release. Here it is spelled “Judgement” and should therefore be changed into “Judgment”.

Here Kengo is placed first in the battle rankings, but instead of “Provisional Ruler of the Battle Rankings” his title is “Blue fish”.

bild

bild
“Marble” is missing an s at the end if I’m not mistaken.

bild
“Digital Cameras” should be “Digital Camera”.

bild
And “Tong” should be “Tongs”.

bild
The comma is superfluous.

(Kud spoiler)

The first slash looks like it should switch places with the space that follows it.

(Possible Kanata spoilers)

The very first W should be capitalized.

The formatting of these quotation marks is a mess.

bild

The second F in “Song for friends” should be capitalized since it’s part of a title. The first of the three screenshots above is from the credits at the normal end of Kurugaya’s route.

“Co-arrenger” should be “Co-arranger”.

(Haruka spoilers)

bild

bild

bild

bild
There are some minor inconsistencies in how certain songs are referred to in different parts of the visual novel. The second and fourth screenshots of the four above are from the final ending credits.

Either “replace” should replace “replaces” or “abbreviation” should replace “abbreviations”.

bild

bild

bild

bild
These text boxes are the only ones in the configurations whose text is not centered.

bild

bild
“up” should be changed to “Up”, “down” to “Down”, “pointer” to “Pointer”, “pressed” to “Pressed”, “resolution” to “Resolution” and “date” to “Date”, for the sake of consistency.

1 Like

I’ll just do this and edit as I keep reading / finding more things.

Mio:

https://i.gyazo.com/084620b4bee1384a88786f691a0adcf6.png
“everyone”, not “everyone’s”

https://i.gyazo.com/4d7faa0bc1eb88816675af8133058fff.png
“on Monday of last week” would likely be more appropriate

https://i.gyazo.com/5d7816286b6019f8c81dfb2638931516.png
YOU CAN FEELING IT RIKI!!!

https://i.gyazo.com/a21faa8d2263838592ac1a85148d3ac6.png
Considering the use of a semicolon here, “; she was probably already asleep” would likely be better.

https://i.gyazo.com/2f990aa4693e5b1863079d0a5c1a03cc.png
Flipped her out? Freaked her out maybe?

Rin talking about Kengo:

2 Likes

Missing a space between riposte master

I’m assuming this is suppose to be “soy sauce”

I think i found a typo.Shouldn’t be that Finishing eating already?

Nope the original is correct. Only one progressive verb is needed here.