Let's play Danmaku!, a Touhou themed card game (Sunday 6th August 16:00 UTC)

Do you like Touhou? Do you like card games? Do you like having fun with other people from Kazamatsuri?

If you answered “Yes.” to any of these questions, you might want to consider signing up for this event. But first things first:

What is Danmaku!!?

Like the thread title suggests, it is a Touhou themed card game for 4 to 8 players, specifically one where the cards are your means to take out other players. However, it combines that with the concept of secret identity games like Mafia or The Resistence, the latter of which was played on this very forum. Specifically, said identity determines which players you need to take out to win.

Okay. How do I play the game?

I’m honestly not the best at explaining rules in a concise and easy to understand way, but the creators of the game did a pretty good job at explaining their game, so I recommend you check out the rules here. If you’re more the auditory type for learning, I know from experience that @Karifean is pretty good at explaining the game on the fly, and as he likes this game, I wouldn’t be surprised if he signs up for this, so that would be another option. And as there’s bound to be several newbies, our first round is probably going to be a bit slower, so the learning by doing branch is also available.

Cool, what do I need to participate?

The only thing you need is Tabletop Simulator. If you don’t have that yet, you wouldn’t even buy it for just this event, as several of us are frequently playing Little Busters! Ex: Dotabata Ranking Battle through Tabletop Simulator.

And when does this all happen?

I’m planning to start the event on Sunday, the 6th August 16:00 UTC. Furthermore, as I want this to be newbie friendly, we are going to be playing without the Lunatic Extra Expansion.

So if you’re interested in this event, please register your interest in this thread. If you still have any questions, I’ll try to answer those as well.

3 Likes

I should be able to make it!
Definitely should play this game more, especially considering I own it physically…

I’m in!

I’m sure @rune_devros and @Karifean will be too so save seats for them :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d also like to emphasise that you in no way need to be a Touhou fan to enjoy this game. It’s just a genuinely fun boardgame; I’d still love it even if it was about Kud Wafter.

2 Likes

…you just had to pick my birthday, didn’t you =P

Oh well, celebration is not gonna be until a few days after so I should be able to make it.

1 Like

The 7th is a Monday. You meant the 6th didn’t you? If so I’ll probably be able to join

Yeah oops. Let me edit that. For some reason I thought July only goes up to 30 when calculating the date.

I’m in. I’ve staffed with Mystery Parfait so I have a lot of experience teaching people how to play.

Not using the LE expansion is probably for the best if we have a lot of new players. (And also the beta test at AX showed that it made games last 2.5 hours :O)

Touhou themed Bang!? Count me in as well. Although you might want to include download instructions as well since the game isn’t in the steam workshop.

The TTS downloads are here – http://danmaku.party/bonus/play/

As only the host actually needs that (which would be me), I deemed it unnecessary. But thanks Rune anyway for providing a link.

Sorry I’m not going to be able to make it. I hope you guys have a good time though

Where are we meeting for this? Discord?

Yes, I thought we’d meet on discord.

Ah it turns out I won’t be able to join for this after all, I need to be up in the morning for work so I can’t stay up that late. I hope you guys have fun!

'Twas fun. Let’s do this again sometime, this time with Lunatic Extra stuff =P

2 Likes

I wish I had some time, I love touhou! Maybe someday in the future.

That was fun! Now we have to teach @rune_devros how to play Dotabata.

2 Likes