Little Busters! EX: DOTABATA Ranking Battle Board Game English Translation!

In preparation for the release of Little Busters, we at Kazamatsuri have been working on a little project we hope you’ll enjoy! Presenting our English translation of Arclight’s board game, Little Busters! EX: DOTABATA Ranking Battle! The game is based on the battle ranking minigame from Little Busters, and sees players purchasing characters and pitting them in battles with random weapons in order to fight to defend Rank 1! If you’d like to purchase it for yourself, you can find it here on Amazon Japan. Through the help of HeliosAlpha providing translations, we’ve prepared a full translation of the instruction manual as well as translations of every card which you can cut out and slip inside your card sleeves.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/little-busters-ex-dotabata-ranking-battle-board-game-english-translation/
1 Like

Hoping for a video guide. I’m not very good with text guides.

3 Likes

I’m hoping to upload a video or two of gameplay so people can get the hang of it in the coming days.

@cjlim2007 is the first victor of DOTABATA English Edition on Kazamatsuri! Congrats, you don’t get a prize.

4 Likes

Thanks fam. But yeah it was a pretty fun albeit super long but that can be partially attributed to us being new to the game and we eliminated all of the low cost cards so it was hard to buy stuff early game.

Excellent! Now to actually get tabletop simulator working on my toaster pc

1 Like

Now to actually get tabletop simulator working on my toaster pc

Welcome to the brotherhood of the potato PCs

@hardscope go away

1 Like

This was a very fun, albeit longer-than-necessary experience. A few of us were new to both Tabletop Simulator and this game, and in addition to that, the endgame took forever due to the vague winning conditions. Nevertheless, I liked the relative unpredictability of the game; it does feel a lot like the Little Busters fighting minigame in its design. I can’t wait to play this again with a full five players~ :smile:

@MAEBATAME Honestly you could probably run TTS. The graphics aren’t as good as First Assault, which is poorly optimized to start with.

Pretty sure that a game between experienced players could get down to an hour. It shouldn’t be a super long game.

Updated the OP with a link to the card inserts!

I’ve updated the mod on Steam to fix a couple of issues:

• Haruka and Kanata event card was named incorrectly

• ☆Riki Naoe card had a contraction that made it through the editing process

• Ordered the Ranking deck starting with 5 at the top so cards can be easily removed from the game if there are less than 5 players

If you find any issues let me know. Thanks to HeliosAlpha for pointing out these problems.

Edit: Anyone who wants to host a game should open port 11155 TCP and UDP.

1 Like