Hi everyone! In an effort to rekindle more fun and crazy stuff in our community, I would like to present to you our next Kazamatsuri event: Our very own forum version of The Resistance! For those of you guys who have been paying attention to our other fragment, Rokkenjima, you may have noticed that some of the more active topics involve gameboards where people play games that involve deception between two teams of players. Well I’m bringing this to Kazamatsuri with a game that I’ve been enjoying a lot with my friends over here. So without further ado, let me introduce this game to you!
After another tiring day of Baseball practice, you, a member of the Little Busters, start preparing for the good old nightly mission set-up by your leader, Kyousuke. Excited as you may be, a few hours before today’s mission, Kyousuke gathers round the Little Busters and makes an important announcement: the members have been infiltrated by lackeys of the Student Council! While you know that it is the duty of every Little Buster to ensure a mission’s success, these lackeys, hidden amongst yourselves, aren’t as cooperative as you would expect. In order to unmask these traitors, Kyousuke puts a new scheme in place, hoping to once again stop the council from their duty as Little Busters.
- Each participant is assigned one character and an alignment (either Little Buster or Student Council Lackey). The Little Busters outnumber the Lackeys, but have no idea who are the Lackeys hiding among them. The Lackeys, however, know exactly who their allies are.
- The goal of every round is to complete one Mission. There are a total of 5 rounds, and in order for the Little Busters to win, 3 missions must be successfully completed. However, beware! If 3 missions are to fail, that provides the student council enough evidence to shut down the Little Busters once and for all.
- Each round has a designated Leader (selected randomly). The role of the leader is to choose the number of members to participate in tonight’s mission. Since every mission is different, every mission requires a different amount of members to participate. Note: the Leader can choose to include themselves in the mission. Or not.
- Once the Leader chooses their members, the Little Busters decide whether to approve this choice of members. Since not all members are trustworthy, it is up to you to figure out whether the choice of members will spell out success or failure for your mission. The decision shall be made via a vote of Approve or Reject by all players sent to me, the game master.
- Once all votes have been tallied, I shall reveal the votes made by the players. Should the number of Approve votes outnumber the Reject votes, the mission proceeds with the members chosen by the leader! Otherwise, it fails, and a new leader is chosen to select a set of members. Be careful, though: if the busters choose to reject a leader 5 times in a row, it spells victory for the Student Council and their Lackeys.
- Should the mission proceed, it is now time for the members to go forth on their mission! Each member is allowed to vote one of either Success or Failure. Naturally, a Little Buster would vote for the missions success. However, a student council lackey is much more sneaky than that, as they may choose to vote for a failure, in their benefit, or a success, to attempt to deceive the rest of the Busters.
- Once all votes are tallied, I shall reveal the results. Should there be at least one member who voted to Fail, the mission fails (unless otherwise specified). Otherwise, the mission succeeds and we proceed to the next round. For the safety of all players, of course, the identities of who voted what shall remain anonymous in this phase.
- The game continues until at least 3 missions succeed or at least 3 missions fail.
(for a more detailed description of the rules of The Resistance, you can check out the Wikipedia page.
- All discussion regarding the game must be kept in this forum topic. No PMs between busters or lackeys, or other members in general, shall be allowed. If you want to secretly clue in your fellow lackey with regards to your next plan, you’re going to have to be creative and say it in public without revealing yourself.
- No editing of posts shall be allowed, either. If you would like to modify or add to your post, double posting shall be allowed in this topic.
- Quoting or screenshotting any of the PMs between you and the game master will not be permitted.
- Since each player is assigned a character, roleplaying is completely optional. The roles you play are not attached to your character’s allegiance, in any way. At least, for now Future versions of the game may change this.
The Resistance dictates a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 members for playing. Therefore, signups will be open until 5 members post here stating their interest, which I will then leave open for one week. Once a week passes, or 10 members apply, I will be closing signups and starting the game shortly thereafter.
Now, without further ado…