Key Sounds Label - Music Discussion

I do like the AIR ost, it’s very seaside-town-ish. There’s a lot of expression in the tracks.
My favorite track from an AIR ost however is from the movie. The song that plays during the credits ‘If Dreams Came True’ is great.

AIR ost is absolutely amazing really. Everytime I hear the opening i just get goosebumps everyhwere with a lot of scenes flashing in my head.

But if I should go with the most touching OSTs, clannad and Rewrite goes for me. Like litereally Clannad’s Nagisa, snowfield, roaring tides and Illusion is so deep I can just go listen to them and cry all day if I want to (I skipped school because I was crying so much the other day).

1 Like

[quote=“JDAM_Cid, post:71, topic:81”]
You must try Air! The OST is a little bit more elaborate than Kanon’s, but it serves its purpose as well
[/quote] I would if I didn’t spend my money on purchasing Little Busters! instead.

[quote=“Pepe, post:72, topic:81”]
You mean ANANT GARDE EYES :stuck_out_tongue: Yeah, it’s pretty confusing, I know.
[/quote] Thanks for the correction.

That’s cheating! Everybody knows the OP is just epic!
[/quote]I listened to Tori no Uta over a year ago, and it didn’t feel that way to me. Maybe it’s because I have no context, since I’ve never played or watched AIR. I had the same reaction to My Soul, Your Beats before I watched Angel Beats!, but after watching it, it’s in my head.

But yeah, AIR’s soundtrack is one that I haven’t been able to get to know in-depth yet. I guess that’ll change over the bookclub, eh?
[/quote] ^ Hopefully this.

I actually heard it in one of them before I had gotten into Key, so when I heard it properly I recognised it and it was awesome :smiley:

Same here. I remember when I first heard it didn’t do much for me but once I got to the end of the show, it grew on me tremendously.

On talk of Tori no Uta, there’s actually a reggae version of that song.

1 Like

Tori no Uta doesn’t really incite any feelings in me (not like, for example, Clear Weather after the Storm), it’s just that it’s a really really good composition with really really excellent vocals. I appreciate it for the quality music it is, without any context (not even the lyrics lol)

Of course music is subjective etc etc etc

If I do get accepted into the bookclub podcast, I promise that I will make an additional focus on the music. Then again, @Bizkitdoh might already be ahead of me on that as he is all praises for it haha

There are countless versions of that song, it’s not even funny anymore ._.

Tori no Uta has official Bossa Nova version in KSLA-0001 (Yeah, the first album of Key Sounds Label).
I’m okay with that track. The album, in the other hand…

I kinda get it why that band don’t release more albums.

1 Like

It’s okay to talk about One’s music here, right? I know it’s not part of the Key Sounds Label, but some people consider it part of Key’s works because it had a lot of the same staff working on it (in this case, Shinji Orito, and OdiakeS before he left Key). It’s like what Nausicaa is to Studio Ghibli. If it’s not okay, I’ll move it to Overall Music Discussion.

Am I the only one who thinks the soundtrack to One is hard to find? I can’t find it anywhere on Amazon, Ebay, CDJapan, or any other import sites. Maybe I should just accept that it’s out-of-print and no one is willing to let go of their copies… T_T

You could just take it from the game. They are just .ogg files.

The ONE ost is pretty great. It’s very similar to Kanon’s but without the winter theme (even though ONE is near to Christmas.) There isn’t much variation of what instruments are used, but that’s fine. ‘The Rumbling Of The Sea’ is very reminiscent of the nighttime tracks in Kanon, and things like ‘On Your Mark’ and ‘Appearance of a Lady’ are like the daytime tracks.

‘Recollection’ is probably my favorite track. ‘A Tair’ and ‘Eternity’ coming close in quality~

I think the whole ost is very JRPG-inspired. Feels like a Snes game or something!

DOUSEI’s ost is good too. Really really catchy, even if it’s a bit in-your-face. I’d say track names, but I get really lost trying to find menus in that game @.@

2 Likes

[quote=“Takafumi, post:89, topic:81”]
You could just take it from the game. They are just .ogg files.
[/quote] Oh, if only there were an all-ages version of the game…I know there’s the PSX version, but that’s not translated.

[quote=“Takafumi, post:89, topic:81”]
DOUSEI’s ost is good too. Really really catchy, even if it’s a bit in-your-face.
[/quote] The cover of the game seems to reflect that, too. Excuse me while I go wash my eyes out. XP

Supplemental Edit:
Is it just me, or does ‘Dash! Girls’ sound suspiciously like ‘The Voice of Trees and the Bustle of Life’ from Kanon?

BLIND GIRL THEME BEST THEME.

n

1 Like

BLIND GIRL EVERYTHING BEST EVERYTHING.

u

1 Like

I AGREE COMPLETELY

c

SHE DIDN’T HAVE BEST EYESIGHT THOUGH

ɔ

2 Likes

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

s

YOU’RE REALLY FORCING THESE SIGHT JOKES

ƨ

Alright, take it easy

~

ETERNITY! <3

But also, I’m more into Rain, Flickering Lights (feels somehow 80’s)

Among girls’ themes, I concuri with “Appearance of a Lady”

So I just learned some crazy trivia about Rewrite… The ‘song of destruction’ featured in the climaxes of Kotori, Akane and Terra routes is actually the melody of ‘Journey’ reversed. Very cool!

2 Likes

Yup~ Journey is really simple to cover, so I got to recreate it in a format that works with the Pokemon engine to use as title music. I then took advantage of it by reversing it and adding or removing new layers to it~ Makes for a bunch of destruction songs to use in different scenarios. Can’t have a singing one like in the VN, so this makes up for it.

1 Like