Key Sounds Label - Music Discussion

So we all already know the Rewrite OST is basically the greatest.
Had this come up on my drive to work at 4 in the morning while it was raining super hard.

State of nirvana achieved.

Also @Aspirety, you pretty much hit the nail on the head about why that album is great.
It’s not exactly easy listening. You only receive the message in full if you… Get it. Or as an outside listener -really- listen to it and pick apart the lyrics to form and understanding of what it’s representing. Art in the highest regard. Very good analysis~ :wink:

Note: I’m a fan of hard to listen to things. It’s equal to a painting you don’t understand or a book that’s confusing.

3 Likes

See: “A World Where Nothing Happened”. On it’s own it doesn’t sound like anything, but in the context it’s used it’s the best thing ever.

3 Likes

I don’t even remember when that track was used, but it’s one of my favorites from Litbus.

Um, it was used throughout half of Refrain ^^;

Also in the ending of Rin1.

When I first heard it I thought my headphones were busted and I though I might give up on buying into Clannad to replace them. That song, while symbolic hurts like heck with studio monitoring headphones, I don’t know how the staff sat through the sampling. Anyways as art it’s worth listening, but geez did have to make it so treble-ly? Also, I love the foreshadowing it creates towards the end. A preview of a perfect world starting to lose hold on the inhabitants.

I could listen to that for hours on end, its just so eerie, but strangely calming. That song literally describes perfectly the mystery and the “WTFdoesitallmean” feeling I have for Little Busters right now, not having read Refrain yet. I get chills every time.

Its similar to how I feel about the Tonica and Replicato tracks from Semicrystalline: I know there’s something there that I don’t know yet. I know it! But I have know idea what the hell it could be and the suspense and excitement is killing me."

It’s been a long time. I’ve heard the track so much outside of the VN that I associate it with other things.
I don’t remember it being in the anime either… but I watched that half-heartedly.

I’ve mentioned this in Skype before, but there’s just something about Kanon and Air and other really old VN’s BGMs that give me this huge sense of nostalgia. Even if it isn’t something that I first heard ages ago (for example, I only played Never7 sometime last year, and Kanon only 4 years ago), I just feel nostalgic listening to them. I can’t really explain it, though. Maybe there’s something about the style of video game composition back in the 90s/early 2000s that just feels different from the game music of today.

1 Like

I get that when watching stuff like Our War Game. I feel really nostalgic about late 80’s stuff and early 90’s stuff even though I was born after then ._. Maybe glimpses of it carried on into early 2000

I love Shinji Orito and Jun Maeda’s compositions, as well as some of AVANT-GARDE EYES’ works as well. Their work on the Angel Beats! soundtrack was quite impressive.

Kanon’s soundtrack is very simple, but it fits the mood. I love listening to it every now and then. CLANNAD’s soundtrack, on the other hand, is one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard in my life.

I haven’t heard much of Little Busters’ soundtrack, but what I have heard is quite good.

Kud Wafter also has a very good soundtrack. It wasn’t composed by any of the normal composers, and I think that lends it a bit of freshness. It makes me wonder what the visual novel is all about. :3

1 Like

You must try Air! The OST is a little bit more elaborate than Kanon’s, but it serves its purpose as well

Here! The OP

4 Likes

You mean ANANT GARDE EYES :stuck_out_tongue: Yeah, it’s pretty confusing, I know.

That’s cheating! Everybody knows the OP is just epic! Hahahaha!

But yeah, AIR’s soundtrack is one that I haven’t been able to get to know in-depth yet. I guess that’ll change over the bookclub, eh?

You’ll love the OST

I have been listening to it for the past 8 or so years and still love it! <3

I was more of a Sousei fan back in the anime days but the VN made me love Futari as well

1 Like

Is it safe for me to say that Air’s OP is more famous than the series itself? Cause even those who haven’t experienced Air knows this song (and for a good reason too). :3

1 Like

The song appeared in many of the first Nico Nico Medleys. That also speaks volumes

On the other hand, anime came before the boom of social media, and now is a bit subpar by today’s standards or the VN

On the other side, the VNTL came a little too late, what with all those hiatus, C&Ds and drops before Sheeta and GGT’s patches. I hope the upcoming bookclub throws a light to the awesomeness of AIR (Albeit brutally overshadowed by the later VNs) Just the background SFX makes it worth it!

1 Like

Tori no Uta is immensely popular in Japan. You can find it on practically every Karaoke machine (as you can with other popular anime music). Which does explain why there are many medleys, offshoots, etc etc.I guess you can say its popularity spread to the west somehow.

Nothing against it,though! It is definitely one of Lia’s best and showcases her vocal prowess really really well!

3 Likes

Air’s OST is really one of the biggest reasons I’m so interested in Air. I mean, Natsukage and Aozora are just incredible without any context, so I can only imagine what the whole OST is like with context…

I love Tori no Uta, it’s like a national anthem to anime lovers but I do love Aozora more. But my favorite from Lia would be Life is Like a Melody. But seriously Lia’s voice is really angelic.

+1 on Life is Like a Melody! Really really love that song~ The only Lia song I like as much as that is days (which isn’t even Key-related)

The AIR OST is extremely good. If you can’t get into the story, the music is really powerful. Almost makes it, lol. :stuck_out_tongue: