Key Sounds Label - Music Discussion

I’m definitely feelin’ (hehe) Clouded Sky more so far. Don’t get me wrong, Fallin is amazing, but Clouded Sky is the shit! I can’t wait for the full albums. Hikarisyuyo in his prime.

Oh, I forgot about it. Yeah, it’s definitely the best. Better than Fallin’. I also like “Scar on Face” and that Yusa ED…

Key music is what I live for. I would be satisfied if the only music that existed was Key music.

I suppose I’ll just list my favorite songs from each Key work, including a song with vocals and a song without vocals.
Kanon- Last Regrets, Shoujo no Ori (so cliche >.<)
Air- Tori no Uta, Natsukage (also really cliche)
Clannad- Chiisana Te ni Mo, Onaji Takami e
Angel Beats!- Ichiban no Takaramono (Yui version), Unjust Life/Otonashi/Theme of SSS
Little Busters!- I don’t really know the names of songs… I really like Song for Friends, and Mezameta Asa ni
Planetarian- Hoshi no Sekai

I tend to not like remixes as much as I like the original versions.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention Charlotte. I haven’t really been paying attention to the music for this yet, but I do love the opening.

2 Likes

what do you mean by that? I know natsukage is popular but I think it certainly has the right to be, it’s not cliche it’s amazing! :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess I just meant that it seems like everyone loves Tori no Uta and Natsukage. Which is good. So, yes, it does have the right to be popular. While many Key songs have an emotion-inducing quality to them, Natsukage feels a bit different than the rest to me. Like, it really captures the melancholy and hope and beauty of life while still being super catchy.

1 Like

It would be a sad world if only Key music existed, as good as it is. I’d miss my Sakuraba rehashes. ;;

Togoshi composed quite a few notable tracks, including Niji (Best girl’s theme) and (Summer spoilers, for whatever reason) Semigoromo (the forest BGM for Summer). I like his work in the games he’s composed for. Such a shame he left after Little Busters. :frowning:

Vocal:
Kanon: Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho
AIR: Tori no Uta
CLANNAD: Chiisana Tenohira
Tomoyo After: Light Colors
Little Busters: Faraway (Haruka Kanata)
Kud Wafter: Hoshimori Uta
Angel Beats: Heartily Song
Rewrite: RIRAITO ZA LAIFU~ XD

BGM:
Kanon: Afterglow
AIR: Giniro
CLANNAD: The Place Where Wishes Come True II
planetarian: Gentle Jena
Tomoyo After: Old Summer Days
Little Busters: Little Melody (T_T)
Kud Wafter: Sunday Morning Dance
Angel Beats: Memory
Rewrite: Scene Shifts There

Vocal: (from best to least good)

1- CLANNAD: The palm of a tiny hand
2- Angel Beats!: Ichiban no Takaramono
3- Little Busters: Song for Friends
4- Rewrite: Love Letter
5- Charlotte: Fallin’ (even though I’m on line between this and Clouded Sky)
6- AIR: Aozora
7- Kanon: Last Regrets

BGM:

Rewrite: Scattered Flowers
Little Busters: Little Melody

Yeah, it probably would be sad for everyone but me ^^"

Even though I know practically nothing about Rewrite, I do know that "riraito za laifu’ song, and I love it. I like it more than Philosophyz. But my favorite song I’ve heard from Rewrite is Beyond the Darkness.

1 Like

[quote=“Rippleshadow, post:210, topic:81”]
Even though I know practically nothing about Rewrite, I do know that "riraito za laifu’ song, and I love it.
[/quote]The song is simply called ‘Rewrite’, and it is quite awesome. And Rewrite is worth the read, imo. :wink:

[quote=“Rippleshadow, post:210, topic:81”]
But my favorite song I’ve heard from Rewrite is Beyond the Darkness.
[/quote]That’s my favorite ending theme from Rewrite, actually. :slight_smile:

I want to read Rewrite SO MUCH because there is no anime adaptation for me to watch, but I have to wait until I can actually buy VNs.
That, or try to find and watch a playthrough of it on YT but that is not fun for me. And I also don’t know if that is legal.

Does anyone know where to get sheet music for this song?

The section at 1:11 is probably one of my all time favourite piano pieces composed by Maeda, I never get tired of it.

Nah I’ve been looking for sheets myself for a long time, I don’t think they exist… sheets for ring ring ring and slow curve would be awesome too…

Oh no that’s such a shame T_T

Yuuuuuuuuussshh. We’re best friends now. Thats why I love “Mezameta Asa ni wa Kimi ga Tonari ni” so much.

I assume you mean piano sheets? I’ve never seen any, but it doesnt sound too hard to arrange, I might give it a go if I ever have some time :smile:

2 Likes

If you ever do please share them!

Yes I love that song too! I have both listed in my itunes library one after the other (^_^*)

And yes, piano sheets, that would be amazing if you could arrange it!

I’ll be your best friend too. The 1:11 melody is my favorite melody from all the Little Busters! songs.

And yes, please share the piano sheets if you ever make them. I would love to play this song, but I can’t arrange worth garbage.

I feel you…

Heh, it’s a sad feeling. I took piano lessons for a few years, and I stopped taking them about 2 years ago, so I’m not very good on the piano. Another reason I’m not very good is because I have really small hands and I can barely reach an octave. It’s hard for me to find arrangements that are easy enough for me to play, and I wish I could make my own arrangements that are closer to my level.

1 Like

It’s mainly my arranging ability, I’m able to get the melody down and any obvious countermelodies but when it comes to actually recreating a fully playable piece I have no idea what to do…