Key Music Fan Covers

I’ll try my best o.0[quote=“Arete, post:273, topic:165, full:true”]
How long does making a cover like this usually take? I’d definitely love to see more.
[/quote]

It depends if there’s a good MIDI file somewhere already. If there is, should take about 10 minutes. If not, I’d have to write it myself (which I’m not at all good at). To work out all the kinks in the version up there took about a week or so.

4 Likes

I believe @Karifean sent this on discord a while back.
It’s so good and even after listening to it like a hundred times, it still brings tears to my eyes.
(Part 1)

(Part 2)

The channel has other good stuff too :kyogrin:

12 Likes

What the heeeeellll?? This is amazing!

S Q U A D G O A L S
Actually, I’m a member of an orchestra that plays video game music, and I’m thinking of composing some Key arrangements for them. I can’t decide between doing Key and a Kancolle arrangement that I already started. Should I do them? I don’t know if I’ll finish in time for the Key Enthusiast Yearbook though >_>

5 Likes

Well I say go for it! Deadline for The KEY is still many months away. And even if it doesn’t get finished in time, it’s still something nice to see :wink:

Do both! The world can never have enough music.

As @Pepe said, KEY submission deadlines are a long way out, so there’s no reason you can’t finish your KanColle project and then attempt something Key.

I really have no idea of your timeframe to start and finish a project, so it may be too much in too little time. But, if you think you can do it, I know I’d love to see both of them come to fruition.

That was probably one of the best medley of Little Busters! I ever heard and it made me remember some of the memories I held dear to me. I almost cried at this and the orchestra hit all the right notes very well and I can say that it did made me feel like how the Little Busters are such awesome friends on how they help each other out and have fun with one another despite their individual problems.

1 Like

A fan cover of Nirinsou my friend and I made to celebrate the release of the new Rewrite anime. The video quality isn’t too great but hopefully you won’t mind that too much. I hope you enjoy it!

17 Likes

Man that cover is just superb. I started tearing up and everything while listening to it, and felt so excited at the point that I knew all the other instruments would come in. Sorry for replying here despite already commenting about it to you directly, but I just wanted to praise it a little more~

4 Likes

I loved how I could see you tapping the notes in the bottom left preparing to come in ^^

I dont know what you’re talking about “video quality isnt too great”. That was so beautiful.

1 Like

That was absolutely fantastic. Great job on both of your parts, you really did an excellent job.

I second @Yerian on enjoying watching the phantom keying right before you’d start playing.

1 Like

Here’s my cover of that song from LitBus that people probably forgot existed (I think). Alas, I never did get my hands on a keyboard, so quality is as toaster as ever. Probably my second favorite track from the visual novel so I wanted to put out a cover quick.

I said Re-feel Natsukage was next but choke% is so real that I never got a good recording of it and it’s kinda hard to find time to record 'round here. Hopefully soon. Could do In the Town of Incessant Rain as well if I put a little time into greasing it.

@Glenn_Irish hope to see you upload more stuff, that was really impressive. And trust me, both your video and audio quality are totally fine lol.

16 Likes

Freshly baked !

7 Likes

I got a new mic (finally), and obviously that meant redoing one of my older covers:

12 Likes

This one was uploaded yesterday, and I liked it a lot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR9jKW6dgNI

6 Likes

Best thing about this cover is that it somehow feels like (Clannad After Story Spoilers) Tomoya, Nagisa and Ushio are all singing the song.

I really enjoy listening to this cover and I love it every time there is a new arrangement of Dango Daikazoku and how much I still cherish CLANNAD to this day. The vocals and the guitar were very good and the scenery is just wonderful to see with as I can tell looked like (Clannad After Story spoilers)Nagisa playing along with the adorable dangos themselves. I also noticed those same dangos were the ones depicted in the VN where they were kept in the apartment that Tomoya and Nagisa lived together.

1 Like

I actually did a song in time for the book club… for once. Well, 6 days in advance, but close enough.

10 Likes

@SuikaShoujo
Finally got around to listening to this… Not bad at all! Cool editing with the layered vocals!

1 Like

Hey all,

Some months ago, I sort of made an arrangement of Natsukage. Looking back at it, I think the end-product surprises me, since it’s mostly an inversion and partial reversal of the track, so I felt like sharing my findings.

https://kazamatsuri.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/original/2X/d/d21a1ed96cd08892760ced114949dc992d894cb8.mp3

3 Likes