Key Food Topic

@Pepe Was Kud who said that, eggs with soy sauce are the best.

@Hirato Tamago kake gohan is so delicious though, you also kind of partially cook it due to the steaming hot rice too.

1 Like

I already ate semi-raw eggs by pouring eggs to hot noodle, but it still felt so runny.
I’m sure we need steaming-hot-freshly cooked-rice right from the cooker to make the egg partially cooked.

I’m not a fan of slimy food. But I’d like to try making tamago kake gohan if I’m really really really too lazy to cook :stuck_out_tongue:

I never tried it but it should be good for a really lazy breakfast. Add in some furikake and it should be perfect.

What, I’m gonna eat plain rice with furikake only rather than with slimy eggs. Nutrition wise, it’s lacking but I don’t really want to eat slimy eggs. The egg quality isn’t very good in my place >_>

It’s not actually very slimy at all, about the same consistency as a normal sauced rice dish.

Reviving old thread, here we have Kurugaya-anego’s recommended dish:
Pancake with Mozuku

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Charlotte - General Discussion:

Thanks for this great recipe @therationalpi! I’m putting the recipe in this thread as well, just in case.

1 Like

Sorry for not merging this post with the previous one, but I decided not to because it’s gonna be too damn long.
Anyway, this kind redditor recreated Otosaka House Family Recipe: Omelete Rice, translated from the screenshot of Otosaka House recipe book from Ep.7.

The following is the translated recipe:

Omurice
Ingredients (for 2)

2 slices of ham, chopped into 1cm blocks
1/2 of an onion, diced
6 eggs
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons of ketchup
butter, as needed
200g of cooked white rice
Otosaka Family Secret Sauce (not mentioned in original ingredients list)

Directions:
0) Cook the rice. (Not mentioned in original recipe)

1. Melt butter in the frying pan and saute the onions. When the onions start to brown, add the ham and cook.
  2. While the ham is cooking, add the ketchup and mix together. When the ketchup is evenly mixed, add the rice and mix. ※Add the Secret Sauce as well at this point.
  3. Adjust the flavor with salt and pepper, then remove everything from the pan. Set aside.
  4. Put butter into the frying pan and dump in the eggs. Stir and spread the eggs in the pan.
    Not mentioned in original recipe: Whisk the eggs first, then pour in only half to make one omelet rice. Repeat steps 4-6 to make the second one.
  5. Put the prepared rice mix in the middle of the eggs. Turn the egg wrap while tapping on the handle of the pan, covering the rice and making the proper shape.
  6. Dump the omurice onto a plate, finish with ketchup topping.

This is the recipe, including pictures too! Good stuff!

KEEP THE RECIPES COMING PEOPLE!

5 Likes

Someday I will cook these things. Probably.

Has there been no mention of Key coffee? I thought there was Key brand coffee in Angel Beats! and Little Busters!

Key coffee is a real thing, btw :stuck_out_tongue:

But with a different logo

2 Likes

Oh, that’s neat. I never knew about that. But I don’t drink coffee, so I’ll never taste it :stuck_out_tongue:

wait, it’s not even the same company

But there is food that has gone under the radar here, ration biscuit (might be kanpan) and 40+ year old scotch whiskey from planetarian. The way to get such a biscuit as soft as it is in planetarian is through age, so expect the biscuit to be just as old.

2 Likes

When I lived in San Francisco, one of my favorite foods was their steamed pork buns. It was a little sweet and the buns were extremely soft and had sort of this fluffy flavor. It’s really hard to describe, but my favorite place to get them was a little shop on Clement Street around 5th Avenue if anyone ever gets the chance to go there.

Just so you know, this topic is specifically about Key food, not food in general :stuck_out_tongue:

I know :stuck_out_tongue: people have already talked about Steam Pork Buns, so that’s why I mentioned it

A few months ago I followed this recipe and actually made omurice. It was really good! I’m literally anime.

A few years ago I also made mapo tofu from a recipe I found online. It was really good too, but not that spicy. Later on I found some premade mapo tofu sauce at an Asian grocery store, but it was a LOT different. The peppercorns in the sauce actually do numb your tongue. It was something I had never tasted before.

I also love meat buns and gyuudon. Luckily there are a lot of Asian grocery stores near me where I can get them. Even the frozen gyuudon is good.

7 Likes

7 Likes

I found a nice cafe in NYC that has good gyuudon!

And I just found out there’s a taiyaki store that just opened in NYC also!!! It’s actually ice cream in a taiyaki-shaped cone, but I still want to go so bad.

MFW

3 Likes

I’ve never really tried much Japanese cuisine apart from Teriyaki, although I do love Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese food. I’m a poor cook so have to resort to (decent) ready cooked versions -I’m more Ryou than Kyou in that respect :blush:

Playing through Clannad and reading about the girls’ elaborately prepared and presented Bentos made me feel very hungry! I’m not in a location with any properly authentic Japanese restaurants but I have been able to get small prepacked sushi/katsu lunches which are quite well regarded even if probably more made for UK tastes.

Would love to try anpan - as long as someone made it for me!

And from Steins;Gate the Juicy Chicken Number 1 that Mayuri seems to live on!