Kaza Movie Night!

So it’s 8pm EST… is it on sunday or saturday for CST?

Saturday (b^^)

Saturday

Oops sorry yerian, we posted at the same time haha

Awww, I thought it was Sunday. I was really looking forward to this one. I cannot attend unfortunately.

I will be there. I just need to get around to setting up mumble.

1 Like

Ok good. You 3 plus Biz said he would be there is plenty to still hold it, so it is definitely still on

I’m there. I’ve prepared beforehand, and I shouldn’t have any schedule interruptions whatsoever today.

That was a great movie night! I’m excited for the next one :slight_smile:

Success! Man that movie was fucking amazing.

2 Likes

I am pleased to say that the event went well, despite our shorter-than-expected turnout. Due to technical difficulties, I missed almost ten whole minutes of the movie, so my perception of it may be a bit skewed. The movie does look great and the music is nice (although I felt it could have made some impact in parts where there was only silence). I felt it told what it wanted in the short timespan it was given, but I felt that Five Centimeters per Second was a tad more effective at conveying Shinkai’s trademark message. Otherwise, the movie night was successful, and I was quite pleased with the movie as a whole. Sorry some of you guys missed it.

Awesome movie night as always!

Im glad it went so well, sorry I couldnt be there! I’ll have to watch it by myself now. Thanks again to @EisenKoubu for hosting for me~

Sorry Im so behind with the voting this time; several good ones in the running this time. Dont forget, we’re always welcoming new recommendations!

VOTE NOW

2 Likes

Seems this week we will be watching The Place Promised in Our Early Days!

Join us at 00:00 UTC on Sunday, September 6th!

3 Likes

pleh, that movie is boring in my opinion, but I already said that in the skype chat, so have fun with this one guys.

Never seen it, I hope it’s good!

…what the heck did I just watch? It was weird.

I am happy to report that tonight’s event was a small success, but a success nonetheless. No major technical problems this time, although it did feel rather lonely with only three people. We might need to promote this event more if it’s going to stay alive… :confused:

Anyway, the movie was…interesting. The first few minutes weren’t the best at hooking me into the story, but it did start picking up after a while. It wasn’t until halfway through the movie, however, that the writing started getting pretty convoluted. The whole love story was touching, but the sci-fi stuff was poorly explained and there were many times when I would wonder when the movie was going to end. I saw touches of Kanon and AIR in this movie too, which made me theorize about some possibilities as to what was going on in the movie, but in the end, I still could not follow much. The art direction and music were probably the best parts of the movie, and the English dub was not bad. Overall, it’s a pretty okay movie. Still not as good as Five Centimeters per Second, though.

Sorry you had to miss it, @Yerian. Maybe next time?

That was a movie. Is my commentary on the subject haha. Anyway that was fun, I agree more people would make it a bit more enjoyable but it wasn’t too bad.

Glad you guys, umm, enjoyed it maybe? Anyway, sorry I couldnt make it again. Two Makoto Shinkai works Ive missed in a row >.<

Its always gone back and forth having a great sized group and only 3 or 4. Its mostly just schedule complications and whether or not people like/want to see the movie we’re watching. Its fine. Just remember, people, if you know you’re not gonna be there, either let us know (here or in skype), or just dont vote in the first place :smile:

I’ll have the next poll up soon~

yep, for me it is mostly just not being interested in the movie. Sometimes I am in a crappy mood and sometimes I have plans on the next day.

Hopefully none of those will appear for the next one.