Introduce Yourself!

Oh, alright. I getcha.

The fan translators do some pretty good work, in my opinion. They create patches to broaden the spectrum of people who can play and enjoy the games, and it doesnā€™t make the experience for me any less satisfying with a fan-created patch vs an ā€œofficialā€ English release. As long as one legally purchases the game, it shouldnā€™t be a problem. All of that is my personal view, that is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I respect that,

You heard wrong~ The Kanon adaption is pretty good, but it kinda butchers a couple of the routes, and messes up some others. The removal of romance can be considered a bad thing too.

You miss the godly Akio route, and some amazing route endings, and the cool laser gun fight, and a whole bunch of other things.

Some fan translations are better than their official counterparts too. Some translations are justā€¦ man there are some bad translations out thereā€¦

Yep. True story. Something labeled as a ā€œFan Translationā€ is still a good product. :slight_smile:

Guten Tag!.. sorry, wrong comment

Welcome to the forums. Iā€™m not here as often as I wanted to, but I assure you, youā€™ll gonna enjoy your stay. Thereā€™s only a detail out there:

I know at least 2 people who can disprove that: @Clannad_Man and our personal Andrew Ryan, @Aspirety. But I can understand your passion, and thatā€™s enough here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can assess on that. The 2006 adaptation gave Mai lots of brownie points due to the action scenes working better in the anime mediumā€¦

ā€¦But muh Shiori ;v; Romance is a core theme on that route, and since anime aimed towards the canon pairing (no pun intended), her route suffered a lot

1 Like

^-^ Itā€™s just my obsession with Key ^-^

2 Likes

24 new posts over night, not bad >_>

Hey @Heizei_koukousei, I know you since I follow your MajiKoi TL projects (and Holy Breaker soon), nice to have you here :smiley:
And hey @Kotarou, nothing wrong with a healthy Key-obsession, I think that is what brought most of us here :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to our family of Key fans, @Heizei_koukousei and @Kotarou. :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œHeizei_koukousei, post:1110, topic:49ā€]
I just wanted to introduce myself here since I have had such resounding support for kazamatsuri since picking up Holy Breaker.
[/quote]Anyone working to translate such a project is a friend of mine. I havenā€™t heard much about Holy Breaker, but Itaru Hinoue is such a great character artist, and her work on Key games is both charming and impactful. Iā€™m glad that you are working on giving us the opportunity to experience what I expect to be a creative and entertaining story. :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œHeizei_koukousei, post:1110, topic:49ā€]
I watched a few Key anime before ever playing visual novels, those were Air and Clannad.
[/quote]For me, it was CLANNAD and Kanon 2006, the latter of which got me into the visual novel.

[quote=ā€œKotarou, post:1116, topic:49ā€]
Iā€™m very happy I found this page, funally a page that actually talks about Key, one of the best visual novel companies ^-^
[/quote]Itā€™s a rare opportunity, Iā€™ll guarantee you that. We do have a massive focus on Key works, but in case you ever want to talk about something else besides Key, donā€™t hesitate to jump into the IRC chat and talk to us. Maybe you can catch me there~ :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve read Planetarian (Not gonna lie, I got bored throughout the gameplay and got irritated from the Junkerā€™s thoughts, cause Yumemi gave him flowers, even though it wasnā€™t flowers, and he didnā€™t appreciate it).
[/quote] For the record, Planetarian is not boring. The pacing of the story is actually quite speedy, despite the laid-back feel of the situations. I can understand why Junker can be irritating, but I do understand why he acts that way.

Yumemiā€™s awesome, though. ^_^/

Iā€™ve played parts of Rewrite (first parts of the common route, Kotoriā€™s end route, Shizuruā€™s end route, a bit of Luciaā€™s end route, moon, and the first and last parts of Terra).
[/quote]How did you read Moon and Terra without reading Chihaya or Akane? 0_o

saying their thoughts on how Rewrite could be adapted
[/quote] Yeah, Iā€™ve been through that phase already. XD

Though for piano, I mostly play Key music cause, lets be honest. Key has beautiful music.
[/quote]Absolutely, and their piano arrangements are usually their best official arrangements. I just love the piano as an instrument, although I donā€™t play any piano myself.

I can play parts of Koibumi from Rewrite
[/quote]Has anybody ever done a piano arrangement for Carnation? I think that song would be much better suited to the piano than whatever instruments Orito used in Rewrite. :confused:

The person with the Hinata picture, since you seem like you like Key a lot ! Though Iā€™m seeing Nao Tomoriā€™s picture now, so I donā€™t know if thatā€™s you or not, but hopefully we get to know each other on here !
[/quote] You mean Pepe? Heā€™s a cool guy. Very enjoyable to talk to, and he could probably help you if you would like to know Japanese, if that means anything to you.

Once again, welcome to the both of you, and I look forward to meeting you whenever possible! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Speak for yourself. I still havenā€™t finished the steam release even though I got it on launch. Man it is tiring. Little happening, rain in the background, peaceful music. Itā€™s guaranteed sleep for Taka~ Dunno how I managed to finish it before I got used to readingā€¦ Itā€™s a miracle.

Yeah, thatā€™s kind of an awkward play pattern. Kotori and Luciaā€™s routes are in my opinion the most isolated routes, and Shizuruā€™s really needs the Akane counterpart to flesh out the overall story.

Guys, this topic is for introductions, not debates.

Welcome to our new members, @Kotarou and @Heizei_koukousei! Itā€™s awesome to have a the translator of HOLY BREAKER! among our ranks :smiley:

1 Like

YOOOOOOOOO WASHINGTON REPRESENT

Welcome, newbies.

Your statement made me smile, @JDAM_Cid! :slight_smile:

Not to get off topic, it reminded me that my latest presentation video was just compiled, this time on the development of Angel Beats!. Iā€™ll probably post it sometime this week if youā€™d like to take a look.

Welcome to Kazamatsuri, @Kotarou & @Heizei_koukousei!

1 Like

Welcome @Kotarou. Glad you could make it and hope you enjoy your time over here. :smiley:

Also, Hi there @Puvleek. Sorry for the late reply but glad you could make it. ^^

Hello everybody! I found Kazamatsuri.org recently and I am new around here :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve been a fan big fan of Key for about a year now. Iā€™ve loved Key ever since I found out that Angel Beats! and Clannad were actually made by the same studio. The amount of feels and good writing in both of those series (Both music and story) made me grow huge respect towards Key and especially Jun Maeda. Since then Iā€™ve watched all the key anime adaptations and I love all of them. Iā€™m super hyped for Charlotte! I havenā€™t unfortunately got to play the VNs yet as I am not overly fond of downloading games through torrents.

Other than Key, I watch a lot of anime and read a lot of manga in general. Some of my favorite series not by Key include Akatsuki no Yona, Madoka Magica, and the now airing series, Hibike! Euphonium.

Iā€™m also into writing, drawing and making music. Iā€™m right now working on my own Visual Novel, for which I will be writing the story and soundtrack, and making the character designs. This VN, Silver Leaves ć€Œć‚·ćƒ«ćƒćƒ¼ćƒŖćƒ¼ćƒ“ć‚¹ć€, will be out in 2017! :slight_smile:

Looking forward to talking with all of you people! :slight_smile: Iā€™m from Finland by the way.

7 Likes

Welcome! Glad to have you here. Always happy to see more friends~ Good luck with your VN :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eyo @LeinonenSensei! Making your own VN sounds like a pretty huge effort, good luck with that, looking forward to seeing what youā€™re creating :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh yeah, Itā€™s gonna take a whole lot of effort indeed, but Iā€™m passionate about bringing this story to life. Iā€™m absolutely sure itā€™s worth the effort :slight_smile:

X.X WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE ?! (Donā€™t say Finland since Iā€™m asking a rhetorical question). I LOVE HIBIKE TOO ! IM ALSO DOING MY OWN VISUAL NOVEL TOO ! Doing character design, music, story, direction, etc !!! Mine will hopefully be done soon. Itā€™s called ā€œMemoryā€ which, I made songs for. But some of them will be English songs, since Iā€™m not good at the Japanese language, meaning doing a song is not on my agenda. Hopefully we can play each otherā€™s visual novels in the future :slight_smile: Just out of curiosity. Is the visual novel youā€™re making, any chance relate to White album and White clover ? Itā€™s just the titles sound familiar.

1 Like