Introduce Yourself!

Hello, fellow key fans!

I’m [insert my username here] and I’m from Indonesia (Google Earth, anyone?).

I’ve watched/read most of KEY works, and the first to caught my heart was Little Busters!
What attracted me so much to the series was the fact that it focuses more on friendship, instead of love (well, it does contain romance).
However, Rewrite managed to take the favorite spot in my heart. With the best BGM I’ve heard so far, coupled with amazing story and loveable characters, how can I not love Rewrite? I wanted to read Rewrite Harvest festa! but since the translation project is still on-going I can’t do nothing but wait in the corner of my room, crying.

I found Kazamatsuri.org by looking at my friend’s browser history… is what I would want to say but truthfully, I just found the link to the forum by chance when looking for news about the VN version of Angel Beats.

I like to write (through I’m having quite a huge writer block right now). I usually write stories, mostly about Little Busters (check my profile on FanFiction here), and sometimes I edit pictures (which could be seen on my DeviantArt account here).
My other hobby was watching anime, reading manga, playing games, and sometimes bicycling (unfortunately, I rarely do it now, due to certain circumstances).

I guess that’s it about me. Thank you very much.

9 Likes

Welcome, @PRONTO3000. It’s a pleasure meeting you.

[quote=“PRONTO3000, post:746, topic:49”]
I’ve watched/read most of KEY works, and the first to caught my heart was Little Busters! What attracted me so much to the series was the fact that it focuses more on friendship, instead of love (well, it does contain romance).
[/quote] I didn’t discover Little Busters! until recently (in fact, I’m still reading through it right now). But it does have an interesting take on the usual Key formula, but that’s not to say that it’s the first Key work that’s attempted it (Friendship is an idea that’s been around since Kanon). It is, though, the first Key work to have such a large focus on friendship, and it’s a bold move on their part. I’ll save my full thoughts on when I can find the time to start and finish Refrain.

I like to write (through I’m having quite a huge writer block right now).
[/quote]I’m a writer, too. But the greatest difficulty for me is trying to finish what I start. It’s still good to have another writer here, since we can never have enough of those. :slight_smile:

I guess that’s it about me. Thank you very much.
[/quote]You’re welcome. I hope we can become great friends here!

1 Like

Welcome insert my username here!

Yessss same here! Have you preordered 1st beat?

1 Like

I see. I hope you can finish Refrain soon, since most people opinions usually shift there. Whenever it turned into a good direction or not, that is for you to decide.

Uh, that’s the same problem I had with my stories. That’s why I prefer to make one-shots instead of series (funnily, I have more series than one-shots).

Ah yes. I hope so too.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that they don’t ship the game to Indonesia.

And even if they did, I can’t read Japanese.

Well, maybe in a few months I could find the game shipped here, but since I can’t read it anyway I probably wouldn’t buy it.

But there’s this project called Sekai Project that distributed translated VNs on Steam, right? Maybe if they translated the game I can get it digitally.

Hello PRONTO3000!

I like to write (through I’m having quite a huge writer block right now). I usually write stories, mostly about Little Busters
[/quote]Oh cool! I haven’t read fan fiction before but I’ll check out some of your stuff. Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile: I sometimes write as well but I’m also experiencing a bit of writer’s block.

1 Like

Welcome, Pronto!

Oh hey, another budding writer! You can help out with the Suginami route XD
tl;dr we have vague plans to write a fan route that gives Mutsumi Suginami from Little Busters her own story

Amiami probably ships to Indonesia! http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0013444

Though yeah, that not being able to read japanese is a dealbreaker. Same reason why I didn’t order it >_<

2 Likes

Aspi* has vague plans :V

Welcome @PRONTO3000! I’m sure you’ll fit in well here :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, feel free to look at it. Most of my stories are still in-progress, unfortunately (you could look at the one-shots first since they’re, you know, one-shots).

Eh, that sounds interesting. Could you tell me more about it? Note: I’m a curious person. xD

Learning Japanese is so hard… Well, mostly because of my low memory capacity. I can’t even memorize the katakana (or was it hiragana?) table!

Ah well. Doesn’t really matter.

Welcome to Kazamatsuri.org, my brother from another mother, @PRONTO3000 ! xD

I’m still a newbie myself, but I can tell you that people around here are nice. I hope you’ll enjoy your stay!

Brother from another mother is quite a misleading way of saying it. It’s like saying that we had the same father. (0_0)

1 Like

You can do it! Practice! ^^

1 Like

I don’t have enough motivation… (-_-)

If I have something I really, REALLY want to read, I would use machine translation to read it. (-_-)

…Yeah, I know. I’m a lazy human being.

Motivation is important. Maybe find an untranslated visual novel that you really want to read and use that to push yourself?

[quote=“PRONTO3000, post:758, topic:49”]If I have something I really, REALLY want to read, I would use machine translation to read it. (-_-)

…Yeah, I know. I’m a lazy human being.[/quote]
It just sounds like there isn’t anything that knowing Japanese would help you do that you couldn’t do some other way. It sounds like figuring out what you would do with a knowledge of Japanese is a good place to start. Maybe there’s an online community you want to interact with or a live TV series that won’t receive translation.

I been trying to learn Japanese so that I can read untranslated VNs, but it takes too much time and without me knowing, the VN I wanted to read has already been translated (ahemrewriteahem).

Maybe learning Japanese would help me in the long run, but for now, I guess I will stick with machine translation and or wait for the unofficial/official translation of the VN I wanted to read to come up.

Welcome @PRONTO3000!

You do. To read Rewrite HF ;D.
I have too a little problem with japanese too, and that is Kanji (pls I remember only 100 and I should know around 300 by now), but the trick is to repeat and study them until it gets automatical when you look at it :p. Hope you gonna practice, its really easy when you get used to it ;).

Im addicted to games huehue, if you have any good games that are worth playing you can visit our gaming topic to discuss about them.

Blackmailing is evil! [>_<]
Also, they’re already a translation project of it. I’m a patient guy.

Of course.

Haha I didnt mean it as blackmailing, I just wanted to give you a purpose why you should have motivation :D.
Anyways Im waiting for the translations too :p.

I’m gonna be the only one to tell you this in this topic, but if you aren’t motivated, then you don’t need to focus on it. If you aren’t motivated, then you don’t really want it strongly enough. And I would suggest putting your effort into something you are more motivated in!
At least, something equally productive :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sure, it’d be nice to read a story you couldn’t read otherwise, but it ain’t the end of the world if you can’t

5 Likes