Introduce Yourself!

I read the project page and it seems that the guy already finished translating the script of Kotori’s, Chihaya’s, and Akane’s route. That’s quite fast.

b(T-T)d

That’s a nice opinion.

Hi! I don’t think I’ve introduced myself. I’m Chesca. I’m from the Philippines. I first watched Clannad when I was 11 or 12 I think. Since then, I looked forward to KEY adaptations. My fav would be Little Busters! because of Mio and Refrain.

Me. I grew up reading When They Cry. I teach in sunday school where I occasionally get into wrestling matches with the kids. Mostly we talk about morality. I am writing a supernatural novel so it has ghosts, dwarves, and college. I draw a lot that it’s almost a nuisance. The turtle moves.

I can’t say I’m an avid KEY fan enough to join an organization like Kazamatsuri. The AIR book club gave me a boost so I’ll probably pop here from time to time. I’m enjoying this place so far =D

7 Likes

Welcome!

Don’t worry about your “Key-fanness,” the fact that you’re here at all proves that. You’ve contributed some great discussion so far, so I sure hope to see you around even after the AIR BOOKCLUB~

Continue enjoying! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello fellow Filipino! :smiley: I’m still surprised how there are so few of us here despite us being all over the Internet. Then again, I don’t know much Key fans personally either so… shrugs

The fact that you watched the anime and bothered to read the Visual Novels are a good enough reason! I think taking the effort to read one of their VNs is what separates the casuals from the true fans ;D

1 Like

Thanks! The book club was really a great opportunity for me to know KEY better. Before, I just thought they made sad stories but it’s becoming more than that from a new perspective.

Didn’t think of it that way. Maybe I am a fan. It’s just that KEY’s stories isn’t the type you’d hype about. It’s the type that stays with you that it’s almost personal. And whenever their stories end, it’s complete. It doesn’t spawn more into multiple series. It ends.

3 Likes

Welcome @PRONTO3000 and @chesca. :smiley:

Cool. Looking forward to reading whenever the chance is possible. :smiley:

Yeah, I listened to the Rewrite OST sometime last year and it’s pretty awesome and gives a nice Fantasy feel. Still need to read Rewrite though. ^^;

1 Like

Welcome @chesca!

Yo, I tought im overhyped Key fan… then I met kaza and saw those crazy goodies everyone has I was beggining to ask myself if Im an avid Key fan myself.
I havent read most of the VNs, only rewrite, but on the other hand I saw all the animes.
I think you dont have to worry about that :p.
The fact that you have some experience with Key and that it affected you of thinking that youre a fan of Key’s, and that you are willing to continue getting to know Key, is what really matters in my opinion.

1 Like

And THAT’s what I love about Key and visual novels in general. What makes a good story is also its ending, and having to wait weeks upon weeks for an ending eventually gets daunting.

…same xP

1 Like

I’m sure a lot of us are familiar with you by now, but thanks for taking the time to properly introduce yourself @chesca! I’m glad to see you could join us on the forums! Your contributions have been very warmly received.

But now you’ve got me thinking about Kazamatsuri.org. We promote ourselves as a home for Key fans, but I’m beginning to wonder if that’s alienating more people than we’d like. I mean, we’re happily accepting of anybody who wants to come and discuss Key’s stories with us, whether they’re a fan or not. So I can’t help but wonder if by calling ourseleves a home for Key fans, we might be alienating lots of people who would be able to contribute some great discussion…

Anyway, don’t mind me, thinking aloud. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m HikariJake, and I just randomly found this website while browsing Key things on Google xD And I have to say, after I looked around the forums and the blog a bit, I really quite like this site :3

I live in Illinois, USA, and I got into all things Key after watching Clannad around 2 years ago. Not only was it my first experience with Key, but it was also one of the first anime that I watched! It was so beautifully touching, that right after I finished it, I had to watch another anime by the same company; and so I watched Kanon, then Air, and then I absolutely fell in love with Key’s stories. Since then, I’ve watched Angel Beats! and Little Busters!, as well, and I have completed Ayu’s route in Kanon. I’ve read some of Rewrite and the Clannad visual novel too, but now I am waiting for Sekai Project to release it sometime this year on Steam before I continue on with Clannad. I very much plan to read more of Key’s visual novels in the future, starting with Planetarian as I have recently bought it on Steam :smiley:
As for my interests outside of Key, well… I watch a lot of anime! My favorite genres of anime would have to be romance/comedy/drama/slice of life, but I also like action. Other than anime, I do play video games, and I am a fairly big fan of Nintendo.

I hope to be joining in on discussions here sometime soon!!

7 Likes

Welcome! Nice to meet you. I’m fairly new here as well.

I’m doing the same thing (Clannad). Having seen both of the seasons and the movie, I’m waiting only for the official English release to complete the experience. :slight_smile:

Planetarian is absolutely wonderful, I’m looking forward to your thoughts on it when you’ve completed it! Likewise with other topics that may come up. :slight_smile:

Cheers.

1 Like

Welcome!

[quote=“HikariJake, post:775, topic:49”]
I got into all things Key after watching Clannad around 2 years ago. Not only was it my first experience with Key, but it was also one of the first anime that I watched!
[/quote]Hey man, that sounds a lot like me! Around the same time too, how cool :slight_smile:

I very much plan to read more of Key’s visual novels in the future, starting with Planetarian as I have recently bought it on Steam
[/quote]Good luck with planetarian (it was my first), as well as the rest of Key’s VNs! Just about all of them are even better than their respective anime.

Hope to see you around :wink:

@NotKyon Thank you :3 I’m excited to start Planetarian this weekend, as it is probably the only Key work that I know almost nothing about plot-wise, other than maybe Kud Wafter, so it will be a new experience for me!

That is quite a coincidence :slight_smile: Neat!

Thank you!

Nice to meet you HikariJake. :smiley:

Good luck with Planetarian. Let us know what are thoughts on it when you finish it.

Awesome. Must have been the best choice for a first anime.

I hope we become the best of friends. :3

Whee~ Would love to read your works too (if you do write).

I think the meaning of ‘fan’ just changed for me.

Ah. Let’s say I watched a KEY anime or two. I’d talk to people I know or maybe blog about it, not join a community. ‘Fan’ AND community sound big. To me, I guess. I don’t thing Kazamatsuri isn’t doing anything wrong. Some people need a bit of a push that’s all.

I experienced KEY this way too XD Clannad nailed it.

Welcome!

You’ll fit right in! I guess quite a few of us are pretty big Nintendo fans and we end up talking about it on Skype sometimes (like we did have a call where we all watched the Nintendo Direct together)

So yeah, welcome! And hope to see more from you in the future~

Welcome @HikariJake!
My first experience with Key was Clannad too :3

romance/comedy/drama/slice of life
[/quote] I think we will get along really well :'D.
If you have an anime tracking list, you can go and post it on our anime tracking topic. Im really curious to see what you have watched :p.

Welcome @HikariJake! It may please you to hear that I’m also a pretty big Nintendo head myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello everyone, I’m HikariJake, and I just randomly found this website while browsing Key things on Google xD And I have to say, after I looked around the forums and the blog a bit, I really quite like this site :3
[/quote]Pleased to meet you, @HikariJake.

I got into all things Key after watching Clannad around 2 years ago.
[/quote]Same here.

I have completed Ayu’s route in Kanon.
[/quote]I probably would not have tackled Ayu’s route first, even though Ayu is best girl. <3

My favorite genres of anime would have to be romance/comedy/drama/slice of life,
[/quote]I have a feeling we are going to have a lot to talk about in the near future. :wink:

I hope to be joining in on discussions here sometime soon!!
[/quote]I look forward to your posts. Welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

Will do :3

Yeah, Clannad is just amazing!

OK :smiley: I have both a MAL and a Hummingbird, so I’ll definitely post in that topic after typing this.

Wow, that’s great! Nintendo ftw! xD

Haha Oops >o<

Thank you, and thanks to everyone else too for the warm welcome :slight_smile: