Introduce Yourself!

Welcome @Botan, @Necem, @Wizzerd! Hope youll enjoy your time with us :3.

Hi there everyone Iā€™m Bowiie hailing from southeast US Tennessee to be specific (yes I know stereotypes Iā€™m breaking them ). My experience with Key so far I believe began with the Kanon anime which I picked up without knowing anything about Key it just looked like something I would enjoy and I was right, from there I went on to watch Angel Beats, AIR, and Clannad which is when I first took notice of the name Key.

Not to long afterwards I was introduced to VNā€™s and became an avid reader and since then Iā€™ve read Planetarian, Little Busters, and Rewrite with plans to read Kanon and AIR eventually. What really set me off with Key was when a friend mentioned that Ryukishi07 (one of my favorite writers I love Higurashi) had teamed up with Key (which had become one of my favorite companies at this point) in the form of Rewrite which I then sat down and finished in all of 3-4 days.

I ran into Kazamatsuri when I was hunting down info when Charlotte was announced (the name caught my attention when I ended up here by chance) but I saw the post on Reddit about the AIR bookclub so I read the post and got real excited. Some of my favorite conversations Iā€™ve had with my friends have been about Little Busters and Rewrite so I thought this would serve as the perfect opportunity to finally getting around to reading AIR and the idea of having a lot of people to actively hold a conversation with sounded like a lot of fun so I signed up right away.

As far as interests outside of Keyā€¦there are quite a few Iā€™m an active gamer as well as a college student at the moment. For a bonus something funnyā€¦there is a tourist town here in Tennessee called Chattanooga up in the Smokey Mountains which my family has visited on vacation several times. Once when I was around the age of 12ish we went there and ended up in a waiting area which had a snack machine. Long story short this machine had a new anti theft device installed that would clamp down on your finger if you pushed the button too far, which I did so I ended up stuck with my finger stuck in the coin return button slot for around 2 hours waiting for someone from the company to come and open the door and let me out.

TLDR: Names Bowiie love Key anime/VNā€™s looking forward to my time here excuse the mini-biography. :ok_hand:

12 Likes

Welcome @Bowiie! Itā€™d be great if you could participate in the bookclub, so feel free to try auditioning for the podcast :slight_smile:

Donā€™t worry~ As an ignorant foreigner, I donā€™t know any of those stereotypes~

Welcome @Bowiie. Glad you could make it. :smiley:

Welcome!

Glad that the bookclub reeled you in, and hope to see you active 'round the forums even after its over. Feel free to bring up any old discussion topics, we encourage necroposting here!

1 Like

Eyyy Welcome @Bowiie!

Now this reminds me of a really funny story I had when i was like 10.
I was flying a kite with my friend, and it ended up stucked in a tree. Long story short, I ended up going for it and on a halfway climbing I just fell asleep for some reason (narcolepsy much?) and then woke up under the tree with big bruise on my head lol (it wasnt anything serious, but my friend told me I was hanging there for like 15 mins)

Salutations. Bowiie showed me the post for the AIR bookclub,and thatā€™s how I found this site,made an account,and got distracted for a bit,so Iā€™m a little late to the ā€œIntroduction Partyā€. My name is Jared,feel free to use this name,as my username is simply a word I created. I first found KEY from watching Clannad on a recommendation from a friend,fell in love with it,and eventually played Little Busters,and Rewrite. I live in Tennessee,same as Bowiie,although I donā€™t think myself to have an accent of any kind,I got into the habbit of using several kinds (Russian,Aussie,Irish,etc.) and found my way into a fandub group for the Visual Novel of Clannad,and there I met one of the best friends Iā€™ve ever had. So basically KEY introduced me to an amazing lifelong friend,and has supplied me with some of the best stories Iā€™ve ever had the pleasure of reading (and crying to).
Well,that was all over the place. I look forward to conversing with fellow KEY enthusiasts.

7 Likes

Welcome!

Itā€™s great that @Bowiie hasnā€™t even been here a day and is already bringing in new members~

Hopefully this is only the beginning of new members that we will get from this book club, and maybe most of them wonā€™t just drift away after its over like with planetarian (they probably will)

Welcome @lotheria. Glad you could make it to Kazamatsuri. :smiley:

Hello everyone I hail from the mystical land ā€œFloridaā€ now I know many all over the world think of it as a mystical land where it is Hot, Humid, and Rainy and let me tell you all of that is TRUE. That doesnt stop me from enjoying some VNs Key in particular. I also joined the Clannad VN fandub and met Iotheria there that in itself was a ride.
Anyway this place seems interesting, I never seen so many Key lovers in one place, I look forward to conversing with you all.

8 Likes

Indeed, that is the best way to describe it, in ways you donā€™t even understand yetā€¦

Anyways, welcome!

[quote=ā€œGigaspy, post:555, topic:49ā€]
I never seen so many Key lovers in one place, I look forward to conversing with you all.
[/quote]When you get a bunch of intelligent people together who all love a relatively specific thing, you somehow still get all kinds of different opinions, and we pride ourselves in our actually critical and productive discussion. Please feel free to bring any old topics back up~

1 Like

If only we had some form of a marketing advisor here. They might me able to draw people in AND keep them here. If only if onlyā€¦

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m EisenKoubu. Itā€™s a strange name, I know, but bear with it.

I live in Texas, and I was first drawn into Keyā€™s works when I watched Clannad two years ago. From there, I watched the 2006 adaptation of Kanon, and found it so intriguing that I bought and completed the visual novel. To date, Kanon is the only visual novel I own, although I just recently purchased Little Busters! and will be trying that out soon. I have also watched Angel Beats!, and am very much looking forward to 1st Beat.

As to how I found this place, I heard about the AIR Bookclub at one of my Facebook groups, and I got an account soon afterwards. I have not played or watched AIR, but I intend to experience it when the All-Ages patch is available.

Something interestingā€¦Hmmā€¦I have a knack for writing. In fact, I am working on a story fundamentally similar to and inspired by Jun Maedaā€™s style of writing. I donā€™t know when it will be finished, though. I have other stories I want to work on first.

I am glad to meet you all! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Greetings, fellow Floridian! o/

Welcome. Glad you could make it. :smiley:

Donā€™t worry about it. My name is strange too. :smiley:

1 Like

Any relation to Eisenhower?

Yay~ Kanon was my introduction too~ Who was your favorite character? Not including Yuichi of course. Thatā€™d be unfair.

You knowā€¦ thereā€™s a nice little All-Ages patch somewhere on these forums. Someone posted it a while back, they seemed pretty cool.

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œInuconandoyle, post:560, topic:49ā€]
Donā€™t worry about it. My name is strange too. :smiley:
[/quote] You know I saw your name and have been wondering and figured this was an appropriate timeā€¦am I reading that right as something like a dog version of Conan Doyle?

[quote=ā€œTakafumi, post:561, topic:49ā€]
Yay~ Kanon was my introduction too~ Who was your favorite character? Not including Yuichi of course. Thatā€™d be unfair.
[/quote] Not targeted at me but answering anyway because Makoto is one of my favorite Key characters period.

1 Like

Any relation to Eisenhower?
[/quote] Actually, no. Itā€™s an anagram of two mecha models from my favorite Strategy RPG series, Sakura Wars. The model names are Eisenkleid and Koubu. Put them together and you get EisenKoubu.

Who was your favorite character? Not including Yuichi of course.
[/quote] Ayu, of course. I chose her picture for my profile for a reason.

You knowā€¦ thereā€™s a nice little All-Ages patch somewhere on these forums. Someone posted it a while back, they seemed pretty cool.
[/quote] That sounds cool, but then thereā€™s the issue of legally owning the game. Itā€™s going to be a while before I get my hands on a copy of AIR, especially since I just recently bought Little Busters!.

Although, it would be nice to have the patch on hand. Do you know where it is?

Hello again or for the first time (Iā€™ve seen a few of you), @Botan @Wizzerd @Necem @Bowiie @Iotheria @Gigaspy aaaaand @EisenKoubu. Ahhhh so many new faces. ;~;

@Gigaspy Florida buddy!

@Botan Puhi!

@Wizzerd Iā€™m glad you enjoyed our first bookclub! Hope to see you in the next~ ^^

David @Bowiie! Another Southern US Amiiiiigooooo!

@Iotheria The introduction party never stops. :smiley: Welcome aboard, Key brethren.

@EisenKoubu Hereā€™s where get all ages AIR- A list of all AIR Visual Novel patches and how to install them! Also welcome~! Ah, aspiring writer. Good, good. You need to get in on project [REDACTED]

@Necem Thank you for enjoying our podcasts. We try somewhat hard on them. :stuck_out_tongue: Welcome!

1 Like