Introduce Yourself!

Welcome! I think all of us here can relate to Key VNs being special, I’m relatively new to them myself and in my experience there’s nothing else quite like it. Looking forward to seeing more posts of you in the future and I hope you enjoy your stay here :happy:

4 Likes

Welcome @urma to our humble community where we have a knack for discussing each nook and cranny of a visual novel so that nothing is left for anyone else to comment. (sadly though there is always something left to comment on).

Well you said key, then you’re in the right place. We are all obsessed with key. We’ll never miss a chance to argue over a topic involving key.

Well jokes aside, I’m very happy to see a new member. If you need any help don’t be hesitate to ask us especially @Pepe (he’s a cool dude). We also have a discord server which you can join after reaching the dango Trust level (it’s very friendly i promise). I hope your days here are filled with fun.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @urma! You’re definitely in the right place, I can feel your passion for Key’s stories shine through. I feel the same; I keep coming back to Key because they offer so much more than your average galge or dating sim. Enough for you to feel real connections with the world and characters.

I hope you enjoy your time here on Kazamatsuri! There’s plenty of people ready to help you fit in, but be sure to let me know if you have any questions or concerns, I’m always happy to chat!

7 Likes

Glad to have you, @urma! I certainly agree with you that Clannad is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I’m sure you’ll feel right at home here, and please feel free to message me if you want to chat.

2 Likes

hi . i live in australia.
ive only watched angel beats
i found this site because i was searching for a way to play the visual novel first beats.
outside of key, i like to play games.
i think it was angel beats that made me want to play an instrument. the opening, you see…

8 Likes

Welcome to Kazamatsuri! Seeing as you’ve only experienced Angel Beats, I absolutely must recommend all the other Key games and anime. It depends on your preference though. Do you play other visual novels or were you just looking for extra Angel Beats content? Prefer watching anime or reading visual novels? If the former, then I’d recommend watching Clannad and Clannad After Story or maybe even Charlotte. If you like visual novels, I’d recommend Little Busters. If you want a shorter story, I’d go with Planetarian or Harmonia. I, myself, don’t actually know much about the AB 1st Beat, despite owning the actual physical copy. Are you able to read Japanese? Because if not, then I don’t actually recommend trying to read the vn for it. If I remember correctly, there is an official translation project for AB but its progress hasn’t been announced. In any case, I hope you have a good time discussing with us and if you ever need help, feel free to ask me.

2 Likes

actually, i have only ever played one visual novel before, and since i’ve heard angel beats had more content than the light novel, anime and manga, i’d always wanted to play the game, since i’ve held the series in high regard.
I might not have watched much anime as others, but even i knew that if an anime was able to bring light into my life with something like rocket chairs, yet introduce a backstory that is worthy of tears only a few minutes later, then it would have to be one of the most unique anime available. The animation quality was also far ahead of its time. Because of these, the words ‘Angel Beats’ have been thought in my head likely more than once a day.
Sadly i dont know the first thing about reading Japanese, and even if i could, the visual novel enforces a regional lock, and there are parts that the guide i would have followed that could not help me with, since there are complications.
I am currently awaiting further guidance on the thread

2 Likes

Like cj suggested I think pretty much an Key anime or VN would be about what you’re looking for. For the most part they all have that same style of humor->tears. The CLANNAD anime especially is great but the VN is going to be better in basically every case. The Planetarian novel is $10 or less on steam and its a great 3 hours.

1 Like

i see, i will have to remember to watch clannad, even if i have heard of its reputation
and if possible, i actually prefer something that costs… 0

1 Like

Unfortunately all of KEY visual novels are paid (as far as I know) the problem is that many have not yet been officially released in English yet and are difficult to obtain legally. (especially to me, who am Brazilian, and any physical object from outside pays high taxes)

I recommend Rewrite (the visual novel, not the anime). It’s my favorite. KEY has not yet officially released in English, so I used fan translation and not-so-cool download means (I know it’s wrong). I really want him to come to Steam to buy it.

Another one that I hope an official translation is Kanon… :uguu:

And welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

there is a trial version for first beats, which is a free download. Despite that, its all in japanese, and there is something like a region lock.

and thank you for welcoming me

2 Likes

I still have not looked for anything about Angel Beats, interesting to know that there is something like trial version.

I solve region lock problems with a program called Locale Emulator. Keeping changing the Windows region and restarting it all the time is very boring, this program made my life easier.

1 Like

indeed it sounds useful, but as i downloaded it, and opened/started the game by emulating japanese locale, i was hoping that all i needed left was a translation method. But on pressing any of the buttons apart from the exit button, i am shown the same message, “this game is japan only”.

1 Like

Locale emulators are unreliable at best. Your best option is changing your system locale to Japanese manually. It doesn’t really affect much, well worth it if you plan on playing Japanese games.

However, if you’re interested in more Angel Beats content, I highly recommend the Heaven’s Door manga. It’s essentially a prequel to the Anime series and gives a lot more backstory for all the characters; in many ways I rank it higher than the anime. There are some translations lying around on the internet if you do a search.

With that said, welcome to Kazamatsuri! I hope your time here is enjoyable.

2 Likes

Well, well, well what do we have here.
WELCOME! @warp_speed to this somewhat messy, somewhat sentimental but mostly fun fourm.

You said you watched angel beats huh! Well I’m also watching it, so far only one episode though :stuck_out_tongue:
As everyone before i also recommend the key games to you if you like emotional stories like Angel beats.
Though if you want a friendship focused story i recommend to read the little busters.
ANYWAY I WELCOME YOU HERE WITH ALL MY ENERGY…
:wtf:
huff… huff (let me take a breath i used too much energy)
A-anyway i hope you have a good time here feel free to ask anyone if you need help with anything. I’m happy to have ya here.

2 Likes

I watched angel beats long ago, i watched it again recently with a video on yt that makes it feel like you’re watching it with others as well, since its always better to do things with more people

but. such an energetic welcome makes me feel ashamed to only join to get a little guidance on how to be able to play the angel beats visual novel.
Regardless, i thank you

2 Likes

thank you for welcoming me.
however I have already read the manga.
despite that, I intend to read it again, since I have forgotten much of it

1 Like

Hello all, Joe Bagadoe Nautz here! I’m a fan of all things Key and am in the middle of reading all the VNs with only Air, Kanon, Kud Wafter, and Harvest Festa left (I’m early in my journey of uncovering the mysteries of moon runes so Wafter is still a long ways off but wish me luck). I am of the firm belief that all girls are best girl but Inohara☆ Masato is best bro. I look forward to forging memories with you all.

14 Likes

Greetings, it looks like you’ll fit right in. Your stance on best girl might be a bit too academic for many of us, but we’re all Masabro fans here.

Right now we’re doing a Little Busters! bookclub, and fortunately, we’re doing Muscles-chan’s route’s bad end (otherwise known as Kud’s route) for the next podcast, so you can look forward to that.

I’m sure you’ll create some nice muscle memories during your time here. It’s the only road to the success of mankind, as we all know.

5 Likes

Welcome @Joe_Bagadoe_Nautz to this very fourm of muscle lovers. (jk we have all sorts of wonderful people here with different amazing tastes).

I agree with you on that masato is the true bro. The best one out there who never changes :amorous: oh i love him. We all need kinniku in our life my muscle bro.

Well now, we all here are nice social persons. If you have any problems or questions feel free to ask me or our moderators. As you know we have our little busters bookclub going on at the moment and refrain is due in a few weeks and so is masato :wink:.
We also have our own discord server which you can use to chat with us after you earn the dango rank. (we have pretty interesting talks there).
Anyways my muscles always tremble when i see a fellow kinniku bro, i have a very muscly feeling that we’ll have a good time togather on this fourm. I also wish that you have a great time here.
Till then i bid you farewell my muscle bro.
:muscle:

3 Likes