Introduce Yourself!

@warp_speed Hi and welcome. There’re some programs in the net to translate japanese VNs. Most of the tools are not really good, translation is like google translator…but it works. Fuwanovel has some step by step videos to install Translator Aggregator,Interactive Text Hooker, Mecab and Atlas. It doesn’t translate automatic, you can extract the text and run a translation tool. New VNs with the newest engine don’t work, i read a lot of workshops about fan translation. They can’t patch some new engine’s as well(Pulltop, Moenovel and Navel are some companies with this problem).Time to learn some japanese or wait a few years and buy the english edition.

1 Like

@bunkertor7
sadly, even if i was able to translate somewhat what is being said, i still would not be able to get that experience, since even changing my region locale to japanese was not able to allow me to get past the main menu
But for a moment, i felt the incentive to try to learn japanese,

1 Like

Hmmm, you can use a VPN coder or Hide my IP par example…i don’t know the australian law, but i know it is very strict for games. A lot of games are censored/forbidden in AUS…same in Germany.

1 Like

@bunkertor7
I never knew it was so strict on games, the only game i know that was censcored in australia, was part of the old south park game.
Hm, i imagined that countries wouldnt mind the things that happen in a fictonal setting
In any case, even after your suggestions, i am unable to play the game.

I guess the opening and ending will satisfy me for now, along with the english covers others have been doing, as they all sound incredible

3 Likes

I found only All age versions on VN Database…then the law is not the problem. Manhunt 2, Hatred, etc. are Games forbidden in AUS. 220 Games in the last 4 month, but that is off topic, sorry. I have a lot of JP VNs/Games work on my PC… i use Windows 7 because it is best for games/VNs, W10 cause some problems with older games/VNs.

1 Like

@bunkertor7
that is most definitely a large amount of games, but then, i dont imagine i would have known, as i am out of loop.
how diligent, to choose a type of windows best for what you do. I dont even know what type of windows i am using for my laptop, as I only use it for recreational purposes, of which are largely youtube videos

2 Likes

Oooh I’m late but welcome to Kazamatsuri! I’m sure you’ll fit in quite well here with that list. Have you also managed to read Harvest Festa? Anyways, I hope you have a good time here and if you ever need anything, don’t be afraid to ask!

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome! Some how I forgot to add Harvest Festa to my “still need to read” list :wtf: but as soon as a official English release is available I’ll be sure to get it right quick.

2 Likes

Hello I’m UnkemptHill, currently stuck in the southwest US. I’ve read CLANNAD, Little Busters!, planetarian, and Tomoyo After, as well as watched Angel Beats. Angel Beats was my first experience with Key, but Tomoyo’s route in CLANNAD and Tomoyo After, which I just finished, are my favorites. I found Kazamatsuri through posts of the route guides on Steam. My interests outside of Key include Steins;Gate, Persona/Shin Megami Tensei, and casual games of Stellaris and League of Legends. CLANNAD and Tomoyo After were the first times a VN made me tear up and legitimately cry, respectively. (Sorry if this sounds forced; I’m just using the prompts for this thread.)

13 Likes

Welcome to Kazamatsuri! And I feel you, Clannad is very special to me too and I will admit having shed some tears while reading the VN. This is despite me already being familiar to the story at that time because of to the anime, so I guess that means something if it makes me emotional a second time around. Though I wonder if there’s many people who are able to keep it dry.

Also nice to see another person who is into Stellaris! It’s a fun game and I don’t hear many people talking about it. Steins;Gate is one of my favourites too, so you undoubtedly have good taste. Looking forward to seeing more posts of you in the future!

3 Likes

Wow you have read more visual novels than me. I’m also about to start clannad now.

Anyway welcome our jumbly-bumbly but humbly-humble fourm. We all are key or generally visual novel fans. Mostly we have a knack for emotional stuff (i blame key for this), we take fun in discussing character depths and what we liked about them. I’m sure you’ll have fun reading and taking part in them.

We also have a discord server which you can join if you like after achieving dango rank. It’s basically a chat room where we hang out.

Well i hope you have fun discussing your favourite visual novel’s and sharing your thoughts here. Good to have you here.

3 Likes

Welcome to Kazamatsuri! I think you’ll get along with a lot of people here. After all, I myself started with those same vns and anime! Are you reading any others? If not, I highly recommend Harmonia! :smol: Nevertheless, I’m sure you’ll find a lot of good stuff here. If you ever need any help, don’t be afraid to ask!

3 Likes

I have Harmonia on Steam, I just haven’t gotten around to reading it because of school and stuff. Thanks for the recommendation though. I look forward to being here more often!

3 Likes

Hello, D.Ice here from Indonesia, you can also call me DVale or Vale, my first anime is Clannad, recommended by my brother, cause he said that even man can cry from watching it, watched Clannad, Angel Beats, Kanon, Air, Little Busters!, and Charlotte. Played Little Busters!(converted edition), play all of the route and still missing 1 cg, make me repeat some route multiple time and still missing it. Haven’t play Angel Beats cause busy with college and works, My Fav is Little Busters! Kudryavka Noumi. i’m prefer reading the forums than posting, cause i don’t have confidence in my opinion. Sorry for messy English.

6 Likes

Welcome to Kazamatsuri! That’s a pretty good line up so far. Are you able to read Japanese? And well, there are several lurkers around the forum, so there’s nothing wrong with that but I encourage you to try to post. It’s always nice to read about many different perspectives on the same material. Anyways, I hope you have a good time here and if you need any help, feel free to ask!

1 Like

I cant read Japanese, maybe i’ll be trying to post sometimes.
thanks.

1 Like

Oh hi, fellow Indonesian, welcome! I hope you don’t complain about this country as much as I do. :yahaha:

2 Likes

lol, there’s a tons of complain if we list it, but here’s not the place for that.
and thanks, hope we all can get along well.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Joe_Bagadoe_Nautz, @UnkemptHill and @D.Ice! I’m head Dango Aspirety, but you can call me Aspy! How are you finding your time in Kazamatsuri so far?

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me, I’m always happy to chat. Or otherwise, we have plenty of other members here eager to help you find your way around, so don’t be shy!

Take your time exploring the forum, and you’ll have access to our Discord channel in no time at all~

3 Likes

Welcome @D.Ice to this group of people who like crying.
Pshh…don’t worry about English.Mine is also just doable and i haven’t had any problems with the other members understanding it.
beside if you don’t post how would we argue with you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.
but seriously i don’t think it’s gonna be a problem, on this fourm we like to hear different pepole’s perspectives and get to know them better. So if you have any thoughts on your favorite characters,anime or VN’s that you want to share with other people don’t be shy to share them :yahaha:
it’s great to have you here, i hope we get to know each other more here.

3 Likes