Introduce Yourself!

Hello / Guten abend Chris, welcome to Kazamatsuri. As you’ve mentioned that you own and have read Harmonia, Planetarian and Little Busters, there is incidentally a Steam sale going on that applies to many Visual novels found on Steam which you can use to expand your collection, should you not have taken a quick peek already. Furthermore, I would recommend you to take a look at titles such as Rewrite and Clannad, both are fantastic stories made by Key and are definitely worth your time. Lastly, I wish you a great time here on Kazamatsuri.

On a side note,
Merry Christmas everyone.

3 Likes

Thank you, i know the sale and i have bought a lot of VNs this time…15-20, most of them are Sekai Projekt. The only KEY VNs i want to buy this time are Clannad, Tomoyo after and planetarian HD. Unfortunately, all other KEY VNs are not available on STEAM. I must look to buy them somewhere else…perhaps MANGAGAMER has them or J-list.

Oh gosh I’m late on this welcome. Welcome to Kazamatsuri! I’m so happy that you’ve read Harmonia and Planetarian. A lot of people don’t usually know about them initially. I hope to see your thoughts on those as well as Little Busters and I hope you have a good time on the forum! Be sure to ask for help if you ever need anything.

1 Like

Hey all~
I go by els online. I’ve been into VNs since 2009, when I first played Kanon’s fan translation. That started what’s more or less been a lifelong interest in VNs as a medium, and of course in Key. I’ve played lots of stuff over the years but Key works are always the ones I get the most excited over!
So far I’ve played ONE, Kanon, Clannad, Planetarian, Little Busters, and Rewrite. Also watched Charlotte. I’m planning on reading Air once I finish the Little Busters EX routes.
Little Busters has a special place in my heart and I really love Natsume Rin.
Other than that, I also like rhythm games a lot (mostly IIDX), and I study Japanese. My goal right now is pass N1 soon and be able to read Summer Pockets on release!
Hopefully I’ll be able to quit lurking and actually join in conversation lol

13 Likes

Welcome to Kazamatsuri! I hope you find the community welcoming and to your liking. It’s not often we have such veterans like yourself here, it’s an honor to have you. Right now we’re doing our Little Busters! Bookclub, so maybe you’d like to join in the discussion. If you need anything don’t be afraid to ask.

Thanks for joining!

Welcome to Kaza! Well I would say something along the lines of what @Zosonte said but he already said it so… Hey I noticed Harmonia is missing from that list. I recommend grabbing it now since it’s on sale! Also don’t forget to check out literally any forum topic that interests you! I hope to see you around!

1 Like

Yay! I also plan to start reading AIR soon. And welcome to the group!
I played the same as you, except One and Planetarian.

2 Likes

Hey there~, welcome to Kaza! hope you enjoy your stay here and hope to see you around :smile:

Hello people of Kazamatsuri!

My name is Clayton and I’m a 19 year old male from Florida. I was born in Kentucky and raised in Tennessee for 16 years. I randomly don’t like country music and that is pretty much a sin since I grew up on a mountain side. I’ll try to keep this short. I can type up to 100 words per minute at times and, I don’t know to stop myself sometimes. I’m very emotional and I talk about my feelings, a lot more than other people. There is zero bragging about that point, just one of those things everyone should know. I can get really dramatic with my typing and words that I use.

I’ve played most of the Key visual novels, in order is:

• Clannad
  • Little Busters! (My favorite rather easily. Clannad, Air and Planetarian are fantastic but there’s something with Little Busters that sets it apart)
  • Rewrite (My least favorite. No offense to people who liked it, I did not personally care for the action and the routes)
  • Air
  • Planetarian

I also have watched Clannad, Little Busters!, Planetarian, Angel Beats and Charlotte although I didn’t love Angel Beats or Charlotte either. There wasn’t enough time I feel like for both of those to shine. Clannad is my favorite anime ever and actually my first anime I ever watched, 16 months ago. I should word this better because TECHNICALLY I watched Pokemon when I was younger (dubbed, Cartoon Network if I’m not mistaken at that time) as well as Yu-Gi-Oh, but I didn’t even know it was anime. Oddly enough, when I was younger, I hated even looking things up and now I have to research every little speck of detail that I hear.

I stumbled across Kazamatsuri about 30 or so times with mostly trying to understand routes, especially Yuiko. (Who is my favorite from Little Busters. She’s my type) Funnily, I didn’t even realize how Mio’s route worked at ALL, until I rewatched Little Busters with my friend and decided to get around to looking it up. I’m so glad I did too because, wow, that route was my least favorite because it made no sense for me. Really opened my eyes once I got it.

My other interests would be watching sports and playing games, mostly watching sports though. I really seriously pretty much watch anime, sports and do some work from home. I finished high school last year and I don’t plan on going to college, school wasn’t meant for me.

I’m planning on learning Japanese and learning how to play the piano. I really want to be able to play some of the music that made me feel so much. Also, I love to make people laugh. I’m not a sad person, I’m pretty happy and I have a wonderful life but, I really kind of relate to Robin Williams about the saddest people try their hardest to make people happy. Sadness and depression are extremely rough and I cannot say I’ve felt depressed entirely before, but I can say I’ve been very sad and I don’t want others to feel that way. I hope to spread cheer in anyway I can in the future more.

I hope to start streaming video games and talking about anime actually pretty soon. I love to have fun and be silly. My dad acts like a child at times and I have his genes, even though I dislike Denim greatly. I’ll always be a kid at heart.

Hopefully this wasn’t extremely long and if it is, I can shorten it. I hope to have some fun on here as well as on the Steam group. I don’t know how many people play games that I do (I just got Terraria, not a huge PC gamer) but I’ll be thrilled just to mingle, about anything.

P.S. I want Summer Pockets NOW! Gimme. Please. Looking forward to trying Kud Wafter also, in anime form, even though I won’t ever play that. (Not a fan of sexual content in anything so that bothers me a little bit) I still need to play Kanon and watch it.

P.S.S. Apologies, I forgot to say my steam name is “Ghost” and I have a photo of Tomoya holding a photo. It’s my favorite photo I have.

12 Likes

Welcome to Kazamatsuri! I read your post kind fast… for some reason, so now my internal voice for you speaks very fast… uhh anyways… I’m sure you’ll fit right in here! I’d love to see your opinions on the LB routes, especially since the bookclub is going on right now. I also noticed you haven’t read Harmonia either. Well, the steam sale just ended but I hope you’ll pick that up eventually as well. I hope to see you around the forum and maybe eventually the Discord! Also, if you ever need help, just ask!

4 Likes

Oh snap, I didn’t know there was a Discord. I’ll happily join that for sure. I honestly finally just decided to make an account here today, had to leave, came back to make my long message here, went back out again to have lunch and go to the store, and FINALLY returned home now, so my navigation skills on the forum here are negative zero.

I actually don’t know why I didn’t read Harmonia. I’m not gonna lie, I have no clue as to why I haven’t. I’ll look into that here right now as I just had a “Key month” kind of thing in December until I got sick a week before Christmas. I played Air and Planetarian, as well as watched Angel Beats and Charlotte finally. Was going to play Kanon but, I got sick and I figured I’d get super emotional due to me being sick, as if I needed the help with being emotional.

Thanks for the message and no worries. I didn’t check how many words that was out of curiosity but I assume that was a good 5+ minute read if you didn’t hesitate once, so I understand!

Edit: Now I remember Harmonia. I didn’t end up playing it because of NVL. I actually second guessed trying Planetarian but, I’m glad I did, so I’ll listen to your suggestion and I’ll check that out soon!

3 Likes

Hi and welcome! I agree with you about Rin ( and her cats) , i love her in Little Busters too … waving a Bristlegrass. At the moment i have time to read the EV of Little Busters on STEAM. I also read A Sky full of Stars and fault-Milestone one at the moment. Most of the time, I read several VNs

1 Like

Hey you. Yeah, you, the guy with the Yumemi profile picture.

You have my seal of approval.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I’m Leale and I’m a fan from Italy.
The only Key game I have played is Little Busters (I just finished it); I liked it so much that I started to look for people who appreciated it aswell: through the Kinniku Sensation podcast on youtube I found this website and I decided to join this community so I can discuss the game.
I’ve been into games and anime for quite a long time, however I started only recently to play VNs; Little Busters is made a really good impression on me so I’ll definitely try other Key games such as Clannad and Kanon when I have some time.
I don’t usually write much in forums, but I’ll try to contribute to discussions when I can.
I hope we can get along and please take your time to meet me (Rin is so cute).

@Ganesh_Swami thanks, I’ll join the Discord server as soon as I can :grinning:

@cjlim2007 I know it’s not the official podcast, I’m following also that one :haha: thanks for the welcome

@StarfishBender grazie, è bello vedere che anche in Italia c’è chi apprezza Little Busters

8 Likes

Welcome Leale. Good to have you here. I’m always happy to see a fellow buster fan.

I hope that you get along with us. We’re having little busters podcasts at the time feel free to join us at discord!.

Welcome to Kazamatsuri! Little Busters is definitely a good start into Key. I must say though that Kinniku Sensation podcast isn’t actually affiliated with us. We have our own Kazamatsuri Little Busters Bookclub Podcast but I do believe the group that made the Kinniku Sensation is made up of some other members on Kaza. I hope to see you in the route discussions or just around the forum in general! Feel free to ask for help if you need anything!

Ciao Leale, benvenuto nel forum!

1 Like

Hey there welcome to Kaza! i’m glad Little Busters has brought you to us and i wish you a good journey through the works of Key

It is I! Jokrono! I have come from the far off land of Rokkenjima to meet you all and plunder the treasures of this fine site~

coughs loudly

Hi everyone I’m from Australia, I’ve only watched Angel Beats! and thought it was pretty neat but am very much interested in Little Busters upon @Aspirety’s recommendation. I hear there’s a giveaway I’ve missed? :aspi:

I’m not super knowledgeable about Key products but I hope a fresh perspective will be ignored in the nearly complete Little Busters Bookclub, I’m very much looking forward to breaking my teeth on that and crafting some quality posts! :badass:

Hope to get to know you all on the forum! :happy:

EDIT: OH and I almost forgot, I absolutely love Tabletop Roleplaying Games (TTRPG) so if that’s what you’re into hit me up <3

15 Likes

Wow nice! Getting that whole kazoku collective experience huh? Welcome to Kazamatsuri! If you have some free time (~4 hours) I suggest you read planetarian. It’s one of the fastest introductions into Key. It’s good to kinda know what you’re getting into and LB came out around 75 days ago so you should read it quick. I look forward to seeing you around. :aspi:

6 Likes