Introduce Yourself!

Welcome i suggest you make a visual novel list on vndb.org :wink:

2 Likes

oh, damn, i didnt know they had that feature XD, i will, thanks alot for the tip

3 Likes

Welcome to Kazamatsuri! I see youā€™re pretty familiar with the medium (or more than me ahaha). Do you happen to be rereading Little Busters English Edition? If so, youā€™re very welcome to join our book club! You can participate by posting in the route discussion topics and stuff like that. Or you could kinda just work from memory. If not thereā€™s always all the other topics too. I would recommend adding Planetarian and Harmonia to your vn read list. Theyā€™re quite short and like the rest of Keyā€™s library, beautiful in many different respects. Anyways, I hope to see you around!

2 Likes

Welcome! Itā€™s funny youā€™d say that considering Rewrite was fairly different from what they used to produce when Maeda was their primary writer. Not that I disagree, but quite an interesting statement. :haha:

@Natsume Well i was mostly refering to the common route on the aspects of slice of life and comedy, interestingly enough the common route is my least favorite part.

@cjlim2007 I will reread the official english LB release, but probably not right now, still im interested in taking part in the book club

1 Like

Try to edit posts instead of making a post right after your previous one. itā€™s in the https://forum.kazamatsuri.org/guidelines.

Iā€™m sorry <.<, iā€™ve never used this forum software im used to IPB/phpBB so iā€™m a little lost on how to use it XD

2 Likes

Hey that kinda sounds exactly like how I got into visual novels! Hope you enjoy yourself on here :smiley:

Ooh and youā€™re a linux guy, too! I havenā€™t gone so far as Arch Linux but Iā€™ve tried numerous distros and have kind of found my comfort zone in KUbuntu (mostly because I like the extensiveness of their apt repository).

2 Likes

Iā€™m a loaf of bread. I analyze stuff a lot.
Best girls:
Sayuri Kurata
Minagi Tohno
Fuuko Ibuki
Mio Nishizono
Shizuru I guess, Touka is cool too

8 Likes

Welcome to Kazamatsuri! So what kind of stuff do you analyze? Is it just VNs or books or movies or what? Because of your listed best girls Iā€™m gonna assume that youā€™ve read Kanon, Air, Clannad, LB and Rewrite, but have you read Planetarian and Harmonia? If not I recommend picking them up now while theyā€™re on sale. I hope to see you around!

Yeah I just recently purchased planetarian and intend to read it soon. The anime was quite emotional and had some skillful directing. By nature Iā€™m quite the analytical soul and derive great pleasure form taking apart narratives. I find the art of construction and the means of storytelling fantastic. Hence why my favorite key works are the Kanon 2006 anime and the Little Busters visual novel, due to their thematic framing and directing.

2 Likes

I remember seeing you before in the Kanon Discord. Enjoy your stay here!

Hello! Iā€™m Ost, hailing from Sweden. I first got into Keyā€™s visual novels through Rewrite roughly a year ago. Since then I have read CLANNAD, Tomoyo After, Little Busters! and planetarian. Little Busters! is my current favorite and I plan on reading Kanon and AIR as soon as I have time and money to spare. Leaving Key aside, my biggest interests are mathematics, philosophy, linguistics, visual novels and Fire Emblem/TearRing Saga.

10 Likes

Welcome to Kaza! We hope you enjoy it here. Donā€™t be afraid to ask if you need any help. Since youā€™ve read Little Busters and like it, you are more than welcome to join our bookclub and post your thoughts and experiences with it in our topics.

Thank you for joining!

Welcome to Kazamatsuri! I see youā€™re quite experienced with Key. Thatā€™s cool. I would recommend reading Harmonia as well because itā€™s there. Fire Emblem eh? That was actually one of the reasons why I originally made an account here haha. We have discussions for all the Key VNs but there is also quite a few off-topic discussions like the Visual Novel General Discussion and Fire Emblem Discussion. Anyways, I hope to see you around!

Hey there! Key has fans all over the world, including Italy.

How long has it beenā€¦ I think it was more than 8 years ago when I began watching Clannad. It wasnā€™t much since I had started watching anime, and in my frantic search to sate my new hobby, a dear friend whose name and visage still escape my meager memory recommended me an anime series which, according to him, was kinda pretty good. My first ā€œKey experienceā€

Clannad was indeed, pretty good. It had less romance than what my young imagination (now Iā€™m sounding far older than I actually am) had built in expectations for it.
After Story wasnā€™t anything like what I had imagined. It wasnā€™t anything like what I had watched until then.

Iā€™m one of the many who was happy for them. One of the many who was shocked. Then had hope. Then grieved. But at the end -is this what they call ā€œKey magicā€?- there was still light. And after the images and the sound stopped, As I threw away the soaked tissues I accumulated besides me, I said to myself ā€œArenā€™t I supposed to be manlier than this?ā€. Oh well. Iā€™m allowing myself to be this cheesy here so I guess I havenā€™t changed one bit.

My journey didnā€™t end there. I went right towards Kanon. I love Pachelbelā€™s Canon, I thought, an anime series with Canon as leitmotif would be awesome. Hm? This Kanon doesnā€™t look very Canon-ish. I know Iā€™m dumb and donā€™t get symbolism, but I expected more from you, Kanon-senpai. But Iā€™ll forgive you, even though you still felt a bit rushed here and there. I still have to blame you for actually getting to the point of saying ā€œuguuā€ while talking, during my most weebish phase.

Whatā€™s this? Youā€™re saying thereā€™s a game which isnā€™t really a game, and all you do is read text? Isnā€™t that what a book does? Thereā€™s no way I could picture myself enjoying that. Moving pictures are much more nicer.

I guess Iā€™ll make an exception for this one, but only because the anime isnā€™t out and the girls look cuteā€¦

And that was another step on my Key journey. The day I met Little Busters.
I canā€™t really remember the reason why I picked it up. Most likely because I thought the girls were cute, and because it was Key. I slapped on it the English fan translation. I played the Kud route. I played the Komari route. I thoroughly enjoyed both of them. Itā€™s hard now to compare feelings from so long ago, but I want to believe I had more fun reading the VN than watching the anime. You know, now that I think of it I think it went like that. Yep, it surely went that way.

And then, I stopped.

Why did I stop? I donā€™t even know myself. I didnā€™t go through all the other routes even though I enjoyed so much the first two. Maybe I was foolish, but itā€™s definitely not something I regret now.

But even though my journey stopped, a lot of things happened in this world. I went from 14 to 22 years old. I went through quite some things. If I had to bet on the 8 years that change someone the most, Iā€™d bet on these years. I didnā€™t actually bet though, so donā€™t come ask me for money.

Flash forward to 2017. And October 2017 to boot, thatā€™s almost 2018 if you think about it.
After coming home from a rather long but safe study trip, I finally decided to pick up on what I had left on the corner of my heart for so long. I took Little Busters, and went at it again from the starting point.

2 months is a long time to ā€œfinishā€ any game, but 2 months passed on a game you love every moment of is probably the dream of any gamer. And non-gamer.
I was bent on going through each and every route. Let me start with Haruka this time. She looks so nice.
I have to rest for some time. I canā€™t keep on playing right after this route. How long has it been since I felt like this?
Letā€™s try again. Maybe this time Iā€™ll go for Mio. She sounds like someone you can quietly spend time with.
That wasnā€™t so bad. Is it that I liekd Haruka more, or am I just getting used to this? Maybe itā€™s both.
Uh, this ended quite abruptly. Iā€™ll go through the ā€œdays I havenā€™t experiencedā€, like it told me to.
Refrain.

Anyone who has played it knows what Iā€™m talking about.

Today, I learned about the secret of the world, and today, I went through all what came after it.
If this game was special for me so many years ago, itā€™s even more special now. My cheesyness level is probably overflowing as I say this, but I hold that game, and all the emotions it brought to me, deep in my heart.

Is this how you end a story? Or is it the beginning?

Today, after going through Refrainā€™s emotional rollercoaster, I came across this forum. I was mainly interested in the Discord chat, but it looks like you need to hang out here a bit first, and thatā€™s why I wrote this mess of a story I wonā€™t bother rereading because itā€™s late and itā€™s long and itā€™s embarassing. I hope itā€™s not too incoherent.

On second thought, I think I just need a certain amount of posts to join the chat, so writing long and weird posts isnā€™t probably very effective. And to think I had so much fun writing this. Iā€™ll just delete this without posting.

10 Likes

Hey there! welcome to Kazamatsuri! weā€™re actually doing a Little Busters bookclub right now in celebration of the visual novelā€™s official english release, feel free to join in by posting in the route discussion topics.

Donā€™t worry, i did the same, the clannad anime was an eye opening experience for me.

Again, i did the same when i was reading the official clannad steam release, i was about 25% through After Story and got distracted with other stuff, i think i took my around 4 months to pick it back up and finish it.

Youā€™ve come to the right place, everyone in this community does.

Hope to see you around! :smiley:

2 Likes

Interesting introduction you have there :wink: Welcome, draconyan! If youā€™d like to talk more about Refrain, I suggest heading over to the Refrain Discussion topic: Little Busters! - Refrain Arc Discussion

Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be able to experience more interesting things by reading others views on this VN :kyog:

1 Like

Welcome to Kazamatsuri! Wow, I really enjoyed reading your journey through Key stories; and oh man Little Busters, 10/10 can relate. Anyways, there are a ton of interesting topics for you to read, I guarantee it. Especially right now, we are having the Little Busters Bookclub. Currently this weekā€™s topic is Komari but weā€™ll definitely get to Refrain in the coming weeks. I hope to see your thoughts and I hope to see you in the discord soon!

1 Like

Hello there,
Going by the name Lionpaw, I firstly wish to greet everyone here on this interesting website I stumbled upon by chance while browsing on the internet. I decided to create an account on this website for that I feel that studio Key has given me a certain purpose (not the fanatical kind) in my everyday life. Especially if you would consider me being one of those kids nearing the end of high school while not having any clear ambitions or aspirations.
The visual novel Rewrite changed that completely for me.

For once I felt I had a certain calling, a certain aspiration, a path in life I wished to pursue. Hence, as a result I signed up to the study environmental sciences. While some/many may find it a little bit exaggerated or rather impulsive (I sort of talk around the visual novel when Iā€™m talking to important people about my motivation at my university), I wish to express my gratitude towards Key for guiding me to such an interesting study with so many wonderful people, of which I have the privilege to be part of.
Till this day onward, while I am still a kid in some/many aspects, I have not a single regret about my decision and am enjoying myself plenty.

I am not someone who reads visual novel after visual novel however, the works of Key managed to impress me every single time: Clannad & after story, Planetarian, Little Busters (currently reading) and I am grateful and glad that I have stumbled upon visual novels by chance like I have stumbled upon this website.

That being said, I am open to any discussions about environment related topics (although I am of course not all-knowing, let alone have I finished my study) and of course other topics as well.
Long story short, Key composes some great story, hence I joined this website.
Cheers

14 Likes