Introduce Yourself!

Hello everyone, I’m Matthew or “MattyIce” I reside in the United States and have lived here all of my life.

I have watched Kanon 2002, Kanon 2006, Air, Clannad and After Story, Angel Beats, Charlotte, and am currently watching Little Busters. I have only read Planetarian but plan on reading more in the future. My first Key anime I watched was Angel Beats and my favorite is Clannad and After Story.

I found Kazamatsuri while I was looking up information regarding Key merchandise during Visual Arts overseas events.

Interests outside of Key include: sports (baseball is my favorite), video games, and sports anime. I am a huge Tampa Bay Rays fans and Florida State Seminoles fan.

In terms of something interesting, I play Super Smash Bros. Melee competitively, I main Falco, and I am a ranked player in my local region.

It’s nice to be a part of the community and I look forward to the future.

• MattyIce
10 Likes

Welcome to the community buddy. I have a rather soft spot for Angel Beats and Clannad (including After Story) is my favorite of the Key anime as well. I hope you enjoy the Little Busters anime and get to read the VN when it comes out on Steam. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m from the UK and have been following Kazamatsuri’s news and podcasts since it launched, but never signed up to the forum. Here I am, only two years late to the party :sweat_smile:

I got into Key through the Clannad anime (like so many others) back in 2012, and that quickly led to me watching all the other Key anime adaptations, and reading the Little Busters and Rewrite VNs. Little Busters is my favourite Key story and I’m extremely hyped to play the Steam version when it comes out (hopefully soon!).

Other than Key, I’m into anime, technology and motorsport :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m from Indonesia! I don’t know how I love Key’s works but it started with clannad who made me crying endlessly (?)

For now my favorite series is Rewrite. Makoto and Lucia are my favorite heroine.

I’m 16 on the way to 17. Nice to meet all of you. My bad for my english.

10 Likes

Sorry for not introducing myself to all of the new members that came on here a while ago. I like to weclome @LoliconExE, @Jmat, @Sondre, @Kurisu, @Yuzuru_OkaKen, @Kotarou_OkaKen, @ArchonofFail (though I have met you on Twitter so we pretty know each other), @MattyIce, @Otune, and @Makochan.

Whew! That’s a long list of names though. I hope we can be good friends with each other on Kazamatsuri and I love to hear from you guys discussing about Key works and other things that interest all of you. So, welcome aboard and enjoy your stay at our friendly community! :wink:

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Apasher and I live in Michigan.

I’ve watched Clannad, Kanon, and Air (in order) and Clannad is my absolute favorite. I haven’t read the VNs yet, but I will eventually.
I found Kazamatsuri from Twitter. I was looking to follow people who like Key’s works so that I can have people with shared interests to talk to and make friends with, and I stumbled upon the Kazamatsuri twitter account and it made me really happy to know that there is a dedicated home for Key fans.
Outside of Key, I like drama+romance anime/VNs in general. Most of the anime I like are VN adaptations, so it made me want to get into VNs more since they offer more of what I like. I also like Osu, and Nintendo games.

I hope to get along with you all and make some friends =)

8 Likes

Welcome buddy, and also welcome to @Makochan. It’s great to meet more people who love Key’s works as much as we do. I hope you two enjoy the community along with the discussions and funny shenanigans we have here, and I hope we all become the best of friends. :slight_smile:

Hey guys! I’m a college student from New Hampshire who is a big fan of Key!
I got started with the Clannad anime, then shortly after watched Little Busters, Kanon, Air, and Angel Beats.
It’s hard to choose a favorite, but I’d say I enjoyed Little Busters and Clannad the most.
As for VNs, I’ve read planetarian and Harmonia, and I’m currently reading Clannad (waiting for the official English release of LB!).

Found this site while looking for the latest Key news, was stunned to find a such a great community for discussing my favorite stories!
I have some programming experience, and have been recently looking into hacking VNs to make the scripts available for translators. At some point, I’d like to try my hand in translation as well, have been studying Japanese a bit. Love listening to 70s progressive rock while I work.

Looking forward to joining in on the discussion and events!

7 Likes

I joined a week or so ago, but I didn’t take the chance to introduce myself, atleast not until now; I’ll give credit to the previous post for putting me into a typing mood.

Yo, MAEBATAME’s here to lurk your forum (not really) I saw this forum a long time ago but I finally decided to join because I saw the article about the Comiket 91 Key merchandise list, and reading the comment below it was someone asking how Pepe obtained these items, which, through a few more posts by various members, linked me to Pepe’s Delivery Service.

So essentially I joined this forum as part of the quest to infiltrate the thread (somehow I succeeded) and only to use it for that…

But inside the layer of edginess that coat my very being moreso than a typical JUMP antagonist, after reading a few threads I came to realize that you guys are a close knitted community that seems to somehow radiate a non-sexual irresistible aura, I decided to join this forum as my next one (last forum got resetted RIP) to be a part of this community… one that I can declare as my nakama… one that would ensure me winning any battle magically…

JUMP cliche references aside, I think this community is great, fans gathering together to make a fanbook for KEY? That’s one way to finish my route with me saying something along the lines of “Man, these guys are great, I wanna be apart of their thing, and I wanna try to help out, even if only a little.” or something like that, maybe a little more feminine and romantic.

But ye, Little Buster’s my favorite VN, 100% it all the way and it was amazing, I love listening to anime soundtracks (nothing beat classical when I’m doing stupid school works tho), especially when drawing, it really pumps the mood up and help me draw/gain inspiration/set the mood.

Oh and the forum engine is really nice, if anything the best one I’ve ever seen in terms of design and accessibility.

9 Likes

Hello, I’m a Spanish university student. I am studying Japanese and history, politics, culture … of
East Asia (China, Japan, Korea …).

About Key:
I read Little Busters (standard), Planetarian, Kanon and Rewrite.
I have also seen (anime) Clannad, Kanon (2006), Little Busters, Rewrite, Angel Beats and Charlotte.

I am actually reading ONE (from Jun Maeda and other key staff members before entering Key).

I can not absolutely decide a favorite between Little Busters (better Characters for my tastes) and Rewrite (better history for my tastes) but I can say that Haru-chin :yahaha: is my favourite heroine (on other side I think Rin is the best as Riki’s couple and, Refrain aside, Mio’s route is one of my favourites).

My first VN was Little Busters and my first anime Clannad or Angel Beats (I really don’t remember that very well).

I found Kazamatsuri searching around the @Aspirety twitter profile.

10 Likes

@purogu @MAEBATAME @josemadv
Welcome and hope you will like it here on Kazamatsuri!
As you can see we’ve just started a new Bookclub and it would be nice if you could join in and share some thoughts~
Cheers! :yahaha:

2 Likes

Sup! I’m Custos currently residing in Washington state. I got my Key start by stumbling upon Kanon (2002 ver.), have since watched all the adaptations, and am now working my way through the VNs. I’ve just started that long uphill climb climb of learning moon runes so any help or advice is always appreciated. I look forward to all the good times ahead with you all!

7 Likes

Welcome @Custos, glad that you could make it here. If you’re interested, we have a thread about learning Japanese. I’m not sure whether we have a thread for learning other languages, but in case we don’t, you can always propose for one in the topic proposal thread.

Also welcome to @josemadv, @MAEBATAME, and @purogu. :smile:

Awesome and thanks! I’ll definitely check out that thread, knowing only hiragana and katakana I’m sure the people and resources will be a huge help!:masgrin:

Welcome @Apasher, @purogu, @MAEBATAME, @josemadv, and @Custos aboard to Kazamatsuri! It’s nice to have all of you and I hope we can become good friends here! It’s amazing how this community is growing so much and how we all love Key for their inspiring works! I look forward to getting to know each of you and having great discussions too. :smile:

1 Like

Hi. I’m Save_The_World. I’m from the US and I’ve been a fan of KEY ever since I had found out their writer, Jun Maeda, was responsible for Angel Beats. That show is the entire reason I am a fan of anime and when My friend showed me more of their anime adaptations I just couldn’t get enough of their work. Same friend told me about Kazamatsuri. In particular, he told me about Key Enthusiast Year Book.

Other than a very very small portion of Rewrite, I’ve never had the opportunity to play any of their visual novels.

Fun fact: My interest in anime inspired me to be an artist, though I’m still learning the craft haha. Shows like Clannad and Angel Beats in particular played a huge influence when I was starting.

@Glenn_Irish Dammit, thwarted again

6 Likes

I don’t think I can trust you, please delete your account.

1 Like

Welcome buddy, glad that you could make it here. The Angel Beats anime does hold a bit of a nostalgic place in my heart though I do need to rewatch it soon. I hope we can become the best of friends. :smile:

1 Like

Hey man, I know you!

You think my profile picture on Facebook is creepy!

1 Like

Great to see another Satoshi Kon fan! What’s your favorite work by him?

1 Like