Introduce Yourself!

Hello, I’m Cress and my first exposure to anything KEY related was the clannad visual novel in 2008 thanks to a let’s player on YouTube. Seeing the first part of the game then going into highschool 2 years later I heard quite a few people talk about how good the anime was so I decided to watch it after about 4 years of not watching any anime as I had given up on all anime. Low and behold I was amazed by the story and characters and fell in love with KEY so I decided to follow and look up everything I could find about their previous works yet I did not play any of their games until Planetarian on the App Store came out. My favorite KEY work is Little Busters for many reasons I won’t delve into to keep this post as short as possible, yet I have only seen the anime and did not get a chance to play the visual novel, so I am now waiting on the English release and hoping it comes out sometime by the end of 2016 or early 2017. I discovered kazamatsuri by chance from seeing some tweets on Twitter by people I follow. My interests outside of KEY are video games in general, mostly fighting games like super smash brothers Melee and Melty Blood as well as anything Fate/ related. Sorry for the long post

9 Likes

I bet you main spacies you filthy sellout :stuck_out_tongue:

Just kidding! I’m an absolutely Melee nerd and play everyday. Marth main since 2004, loyal to this day.
Glad to see a fellow smasher around these parts.

Always good to see fellow Melee players in any community, I also main Marth with a pocket fox

Welcome to @lulucandy, @an1m3b0y, @Thanh-Tedder, @EkonFain, @nemoma, @Ongaku, @kotakkun, @Mad_Scientist, @DangoDaikazoku, @EricEstrella, @Austcar, and @CressandNep. I’m sorry about the delay for some of you. I hope you have fun, with us here on Kazamatsuri and that you enjoy your forum experience to the fullest. Lets discuss our passions together. :smile:

7 Likes

Nice to meet you. I’m really hoping Little Busters comes out soon, too. And nice to see a Nasuverse fan. My older brother is a really hardcore one.

Thank you, wouldn’t call myself a fan of the Nasuverse as I’m really just a huge Fate fan and have little knowledge of anything outside of it and Kara No Kyoukai

Welp, I step away from posting for just a bit and I already missed quite a few introduction posts… So, let’s get started.

@Mad_Scientist Nice to have you here. It’s nice having someone more from Africa, a continent that still lacks some more of our members. I’m surprised how you appear to maintain you Okarin role in most of your posts, so cheers for your perseverance. Still, you seem to be eager to participate in the bookclubs, so I think we’ll get along very well. See you in Tomoyo’s After Bookclub!

@DangoDaikazoku Welcome to Kazamatsuri! In fact, I’m now wondering how your nickname hadn’t been taken before, weird…

This is what got me in here too, and since you seem to like that we are this way, I’m more than sure that you’ll be too. It’s now your responsibility too to make Kazamatsuri known for it’s unique respect and politeness. Also, I wish you luck in the Podcast applications. It’ll surely be meaningful to you since you want to become a voice actor.

@EricEstrella I’m going to be direct straight away. What struck me the most about your introduction was your nickname. May I ask, where you got that from?

Impressive to say at least. I’d be overwhelmed with so many kids around me. :sweat_smile:
I’m looking forward to reading more from you in the forum, and of course, in Tomoyo’s After Bookclub!

@Austcar From your introduction post I gather that you aren’t eager to post your thoughts too often, but rather read the forum for information or others’ thoughts. Still, I encourage you to give your best at speaking your mind. We love to have everyone’s opinion on pretty much everything, so go ahead and make from posting your opinions your new lifestyle! (That was maybe to inquisitive, but I guess it’s fine).

Also, I play tennis as well, though I’m not really good at it. :stuck_out_tongue:

@CressandNep That’s an interesting way to come across KEY. Youtube, then Planetarian in the App Store.

Ooooohhhhh… It’s very difficult to express this feeling I’m experiencing right now. Lucky you… Let’s just say that I hope to see you at the Little Busters Bookclub once the official English release comes out.

Now, in a general note, a huge welcome hug to you all new members. Have a great time with us!

I know, right? I was quite surprised myself. And, thanks. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the warm welcome! And sorry for replying so late, I was out all day yesterday watching a baseball game at Yankee Stadium (which felt fitting since I finished watching Little Busters Refrain the day before) ^^

By nickname do you mean “Estrella”? That’s actually my real last name, it’s Spanish for “star.” I’m of Dominican descent!

1 Like

Don’t worry about that! I totally understand. :slight_smile:

@CressandNep Got ya. I apologize for being presumptuous, especially considering I haven’t even seen Kara no Kyoukai… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ah don’t worry about it, it’s fine

I meant Eric as well. I’m from Barcelona, and Eric is a very common name in my area (in Catalan, not in Spanish), as well as Estrella, which also means star in Catalan.

For a second I thought that you may have originated from my area. In fact, I would still bet that your family origins are rooted in the area I live in. :yum:

Ahh I understand now. I might ask my parents if that could very well be the case

Very late, but a very warm welcome to @Ongaku, @Mad_Scientist, @kotakkun, @DangoDaikazoku, @EricEstrella, @Austcar, and @CressandNep. Glad that you could all make it here and I hope we’ll all be the bestest of friends. :smile:

7 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad I was referred to this forum ^^

2 Likes

Thank you!!! Yeah, let’s be the best of friends!!! x3

I, uh, missed a lot more intro posts than I thought ^^;

A big warm welcome to @Kygun, @lulucandy, @an1m3b0y, @Thanh-Tedder, @EkonFain, @nemoma (Glad to see more VNKeyFanclub and KEYFC people here!), @Ongaku, @kotakkun, @Mad_Scientist, @DangoDaikazoku, @EricEstrella, @Austcar, and @CressandNep! That’s a lot of people :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope you’re all enjoying the forum! Once you achieve Dango rank, be sure to check out our Discord chat!

7 Likes

Hi, you can call me Pyro. I live in the US. My favorite Key game is CLANNAD (Only one I read so far). I found Kazamatsuri through a post about the CLANNAD Book Club on the Steam forums.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forums, Shuttle! Hope you enjoy your stay!

2 Likes