Introduce Yourself!

Yo @Astronomer, fitting username for your first Key VN there :wink:

A big warm welcome to @xToki, @Rewrite130, @jda95, @Slowdive, @KingPoro, and @Astronomer! Lots of new members have cropped up since I went on my little holiday. I hope you are all enjoying your stay! Don’t forget to check out the IRC, and when you have enough activity on the forum, you’ll gain access to our Skype chat that’s super active every day!

Hi everyone!
I’m “joeross75” and i live in a little forest called Ljusaryd in Sweden (a.k.a the country of meatballs).
The first project i saw that was made by Key was the anime version of “CLANNAD”. I liked it so much that i looked up what other stuff key made. After clannad i watched pretty much every anime adaptation that key made. And at the beginning of July i started reading the first Key visual novel that was “Rewrite”. Im still reading it and im not done yet (Its soooo loooong but sooo addictinggg to reaad). Right now Rewrite is my favorite project that key had made so far.

The interest i have outside of visual novels and anime is making maps for games in the Source engine and im also doing some programming too. Im gonna start studying computer science at autumn (cant wait!).

Well, that was pretty much my introduction and im looking forward to talk about key stuff with you guys! :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome @joeross75! Do you make maps for any specific games?

I mostly make maps on Portal 2 using Hammer Editor. Not the puzzle maker.

1 Like

I’d be very much interested in seeing some of the stuff you’ve done if you head over to the general gaming discussion!

1 Like

Ohh theres a gaming thread? Totally missed that. I’ll go over there and check it out! :smiley:

2 Likes

YYAAAAYY ANOTHER INDONESIAN~ Welcome to our Key’s nest ___

You know this place and the person are so warm here~ :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello, hello !

I’m Achro and I’m a proud French Keyist. I first watched the KyoAniKey version of Clannad which is, even now, my favorite anime by far. Then… Well, I probably made everything which is Key related. I did all the VN (Moon, Planetarian and spin-off included) except -1st Beat- which I play now and Harvest Festa (I don’t want to play it in Japanese since the translation is in-progress and nearly done) and I watched all the anime adaptations (even the crappy… ahem… the Toeï ones). My favorite work from Key is certainly Rewrite for two reasons (maybe three) : Shizuru is the best character created by Key (Baba-senseï agreed with me), Ryuukishi07 participed in the writing of the scenario (the genius behind Higurashi combined with the genius of Key, it couldn’t possibly be less than perfect) and… Scene Shifts There (that’s an argument, no ?).

I think I found Kazamatsuri.org one year ago (?) but I didn’t know (or rather I didn’t see) that there was a forum so… yeah… Yes, I’m dumb.

My interests outside of Key are… all Japan related. I play Japanese games, I watch anime and drama, I read manga, I listen to J-Music (I’m a very big fan of Sawano Hiroyuki) and… I think that’s all. Fun fact : I love everything about Japan except food.

Something interesting about myself hmm… I had the chance during the last Japan Expo in France to have dinner with the president of Visual Arts, the president of FrontWing and various important figures of both studios so… I think it’s interesting ? 8D
Another thing which can be intersting : I collect all sort of unneccesary things about Key like doujin games or fan fictions, I also try to collect all the Key Sounds Label CD (in digital version of course) so, if you want some of them or if you have some of them that I don’t have, you know what to do (my collection so far). :smiley:

I think that’s all. If my English seemed weird, excuse me in advance, my writing isn’t that good. And, if you have questions, I’m pretty much always available.

9 Likes

Ohh you were able to join that dinner? I’m super jealous >3<

Hope you enjoy your stay here :smiley:

Yeah, certainly one of the best moment of my life.
And thanks :smiley:

I think you’re gonna fit right in. You’re English isn’t bad at all, btw. Welcome~

I hear you. Welcome to Kazamatsuri! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Achro, post:1292, topic:49”]
Shizuru is the best character created by Key (Baba-senseï agreed with me)
[/quote] That is debatable, but I do love Shizuru very much. Best Rewrite girl. <3

Ryuukishi07 participed in the writing of the scenario (the genius behind Higurashi combined with the genius of Key, it couldn’t possibly be less than perfect)
[/quote]Ryukishi is a great writer, but I found his contribution to Rewrite to be a little shaky compared to his standalone works. Not everyone agrees with me, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Scene Shifts There (that’s an argument, no ?)
[/quote]Whether or not it’s my favorite piece in the soundtrack is also debatable, but…it’s such a beautiful piece… :’(

Well, you made the smart decision in coming here. :slight_smile:

I’m a very big fan of Sawano Hiroyuki
[/quote]Have you listened to Xenoblade X’s soundtrack? Good stuff there.

I had the chance during the last Japan Expo in France to have dinner with the president of Visual Arts, the president of FrontWing and various important figures of both studios
[/quote]Quite the rare opportunity, I must say.

I also try to collect all the Key Sounds Label CD (in digital version of course) so, if you want some of them or if you have some of them that I don’t have, you know what to do
[/quote]That’s a nice-looking collection you’ve got there. I prefer getting my OSTs in a nice physical copy, since it helps me feel like I actually own it. Still, some of the soundtracks you have interest me somewhat. I’ll have to look for them later.

I think that’s all.
[/quote]I am grateful to be able to take the time to meet you, @Achro. I hope to see more of what you can do for the community in the future. :slight_smile:

Probably my favorite Rewrite track. Hard to choose between that and Yuriha

We have a thread for Key doujin games somewhere on here.

You might get along with @Clannad_Man. He’s pretty into the KSL stuff.

Romance was good, the mystery was bad, and the finale was painful. Still the best route, but it’s a mess.

1 Like

@Achro welcome! What KSL stuff do you have so far?

Ey @joeross75 and @Achro, welcome welcome, make yourselves at home, someone will serve some tea soon… maybe… probably not…

1 Like

Hello!
I’m Niebo, writing from Poland in Europe. I’m a huge fan of Angel Beats! I haven’t yet watched/read Little Busters, Rewrite and Clannad (yeah I didn’t xD). Following the tips from first post: Kazamatsuri.org I’ve found a while ago, but I always was putting away creating an account, 'till today.

Outside of Key I really love VN’s like G-Senjou no Maou and WORLD END ECONOMiCA, of course Anime&Manga Stuff, normal books too (mainly fantasy and Sci-Fi).

Well, i got a story from my country, which will allow you to visualize how are thing here: One time I ordered something from “AmiAmi” website if i recall correctly that was a statue. Whet the shipment came i was summoned to post office and questioned by officer if i’m into drug smuggling, becouse I’m often ordering strange things from very far away. Well it was kinda awkward to explain my hobbies to a random man… it ended well ; D. Not sure if it was funny or not, or if i was supposed to write it here . Sorry if not : d.

(As you can see I like to talk A Lot…)
And what’s most important: I Hope we’ll get all along!

PS: Favourite jp track: Hoshizora no Ima !

6 Likes

@EisenKoubu

A lot of things are debatable, that’s a matter of opinion after all but I see that you do like the same things as me so… that’s great (I don’t know what I can say else). (^-^/)

Concening the XenoX soundtrack, I know it and… I absolutely love it (like every composition of him so far). Sincerely, this OST contains some of his greatest compositions (Theme X, Your Voice, etc.). Playing a game with such a wonderful soundtrack will be pure bliss, I can’t wait for December to come (the first Xenoblade was already crazy when it concerned soundtrack : Yoko Shimomura, Ace + and an other one (who I don’t remember his name) did a great job. Some themes from the game are still in my phone).

If something in my “KSL collection” interests you, don’t hesitate to tell me so, and maybe I could give it to you on Skype or something like that ?

I’m grateful to be able to meet you too ! I don’t know what I can do for the community yet but well, that’s only the beginning of a long, long uphill cli… ahem… journey here.

@Takafumi [quote=“Takafumi, post:1297, topic:49”]
Probably my favorite Rewrite track. Hard to choose between that and Yuriha
[/quote]
Personnally, I hesitate between Scene Shifts There and Scattered Flowers, I don’t like Yuriha that much.

Oh, great news !

Why a failed kickstarter came to my mind all of a sudden ?

Anyway, thanks for the welcome !

(Sorry for the double-post, but I couldn’t quote more than two people in the same time so… don’t kill me… please ?)

@Glenn_Irish
Here it is !
Thanks for the welcome. :slight_smile:

@Skyzzed
Thanks !

I’m no longer the last one here ! Welcome Niebo !

Oh, Sanka is nice too. They all kinda merge together in my mind. Very similar feeling.

That’s probably what he’s most known for outside of specific Key communities.