General Visual Novel Topic

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-06/frontwing-considers-overseas-release-for-island-visual-novel/.96180
Front Wing is considering releasing there new VN over seas go visit their facebook to show support.

1 Like

Eh, I’d much rather wait to see the reception to it until pushing for an english release. Other than Grisaia, all of Frontwing’s works haven’t been noteworthy or of that great of quality.

It’s not like FrontWing’s resources would be better used elsewhere (assuming they hire a rando to translate like ChiruChiru and not get SP/MG/JAST/NISA/Someone who could work on anything else by any other company) and if companies that had big releases in Japan like Key or FrontWing start releasing games around the same time in English and Japanese and do it for multiple releases it might convince some medium sized companies to try doing the same (or even small like Nekoworks with Nekopara). That obviously would take a long time to happen but if VisualArt’s and FrontWing do start what’s stopping other companies from following their lead?

I would like to see more jp company releasing their products outside of Japan, there have been releases good or bad to never see a official release so it’s a good thing companys are looking into releasing out side of Japan. I perfer to have some kind of release than no release at all but thats just me since im not too picky with alot of things.

Just wanted to bring up this fascinating article about the history of Visual Novels. I love learning the history of things, and this is a history that’s always been on the wrong side of the language barrier for me.

5 Likes

I still need to finish Shuffle Tick Tack and Really Really. cough Clannad on steam as well

There’s still time to get in on some sweet bookclub action! Oprah demands it!

4 Likes

lol.

All of those are great choices. Planetarian and Narcissu are gonna be on the rather short end of the spectrum, while Umineko and Rewrite are gonna be on the rather long end of the spectrum.

I really enjoy short VN’s like Narcissu. It was a compact experience, more akin to watching a movie than sitting down to read a book.

Yeah, the shortness is part of the reason of why I’m considering them. I was only able to complete LB! because I was on winter break, because there’s no way I can make time for it during the semester. If I read Umineko or Rewrite it’ll have to be during spring or summer break :c

Or you can just take 6 months to read Rewrite like me ^^; (I swear, guys, Im almost finished!)

You should definitely read whatever your comfortable with though. I just happen to somehow be fine with taking so long, but I know plenty of who are very worried about starting big VNs because they are, well, big.

1 Like

If You wish Key to release Visual Novel on mobile phone. I think this is an example once.
Well, the good new is it’s free to download and allow all people download it but bad new is the story is full of Japanese. And of course, it’s available both android and IOS. If you want to read this, Just try it now!
-Play Store:
TwilghtWiz Android Download
-App Store:
TwilightWiz IOS Download

Visual Novel: TwilightWiz
Company: Infinity-S

*Uhh If there is something wrong on this post, so please warn me because this is my first Link share.

1 Like

Okay so I just finished Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi, and now I can see why it was hyped. I don’t want to post spoilers because enjoyment definitely hinges on going in blind, so I recommend not spoiling yourself unless you’re sure you’ll never read it. Although, I guess people tend to have a love or hate reaction to it, and I can definitely see why, but it’s kind of one of those things everyone should try because it’s so unique. The reading level is also really simple, so it’d probably be a good one for those wanting to practice Japanese, but there are H scenes for those who are bothered by that.

2 Likes

I`m reading Aokana now. It has a pleasant soundtrack and the art is way better than Koichoco (which suffered from a terribly monotonous color palette).

The thing is, the heroines aren`t interesting (except for Asuka). The ășこășこ girl(forgot her name) is passable, but Misaki and the other twintail girl are annoying.

I heard about that one; and was spoiled about it. But tbh those spoilers actually got me even more interested in the game :stuck_out_tongue: I haven’t read much Nitro+ outside of their Science Adventure games, but that one is definitely on my radar

Hey, give it a shot, and I’m not saying you’ll hate it now or anything. But my interest definitely peaked at the initial “reveal,” as I was only vaguely suspecting it based on hints in the story. After that, it’s still interesting to see where it leads, but it was all kinda downhill once I understood what was going on.

edit: I thought about it a little more, and there’s definitely still merit in reading it after getting spoiled. It explores some interesting concepts that are worth reading. I guess it’s comparable to something like Little Busters where you can still appreciate the story and themes if you get spoiled but you lose the impact of the reveal. Except in this case, I felt that impact was a rather large portion of overall enjoyment, possibly because the story itself is pretty short.

For anyone who has played Saya No Uta, is it something worth playing ? The premise of the story looks very good and interesting.

I heard that it wouldn’t get an anime because of its content ?

Definitely worth playing. Give it a try.

2 Likes

Karifean generously gifted me with eden* so I’m really excited to try that out! Is that more of a read along VN or will I need a walkthrough?