General Visual Novel Topic

Haven’t played WEE, but the others are all well worth your time. Going through Higurashi as it comes to Steam is a good idea.

I believe we’ll be doing a Tomoyo After bookclub after Kanon too (we damn well better), so Rewrite’s probably still a ways. Though we might have something HF related once that’s out.

I’m avoiding doing Bookclubs on new content from now on :stuck_out_tongue:

It’ll largely depend on what official localisations happen in the coming year, but at the moment the order of priority is Kanon > TA > Everything else.

1 Like

Well, I fit Rewrite in somewhere - at any rate with the Clannad one coming up and an eventual Kanon one I won’t really be wanting for Key content for a while.

Can someone tell me how to download VN’s ? Yes, I prefer anime since it’s less work, but this is Key. I’m sure there was a guide for how to download VN’s in another post, but I can’t find it D: If you can just pin me on that post or something.

http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Visual%20Novel/#p=0&tab=NewReleases
2 Likes

I loved WEE but it can be pretty niche since the writing is somewhat complex and if you’re not interested in economics, it can be very boring. It’s nor for everyone, but for me it was amazing.
Steins;gate is genius in using real life events and phenomenons for a science fiction story. I ended up thinking (and researching) a lot thanks to it. It’s one of my 10/10.
The other is -Danganronpa-. They do an incredible work in making a VN exciting. There’s so much tension, mystery and plot twists, but with the graphics and music and gameplay (specially during trials), it’s so much fun you forget it’s a novel.

Just finished reading Danganronpa.

Wow. What an incredible ride. I didn’t expect to be as emotionally moved as I was, though the very, very end seemed a bit dry to me. Still: fantastic.

I want to read the sequel (and the 3rd one coming out soon!!!), but I also really want the Japanese voice acting, so I’ll wait until my Japanese is good enough to read it without translation. Someday soon~

2 Likes

Does the english translation on Vita not have Japanese voices?? :frowning:

Nah, it does have them.

@ghagler you change it in the chapter select IIRC.

I only know of one, which is the NISA released version. The trailer had American voice actors, so I’m assuming the entire game does, as well. In retrospect, I suppose it’s possible they have both English and Japanese voice options; I’ll have to check into that. Though this will give me an incentive to learn Japanese quicker.

EDIT:

Oh, it does? Multiple voice options, then?

EDIT2:

Ah, gotcha. Well, I guess I’ll be saving up for a new game :smiley:

And game system. I have yet to buy a Vita. I was considering waiting until my Japanese improved and then getting one for Japan’s Region (Region 2?), so I could get the games fresh off the market. I guess I’ll be looking into that, as well.

Vita isn’t even region locked so you can get a US one just fine. The only catch is that the digital store region is locked into your memory card, ergo, each memory card can only have one region… Which makes it easy enough to purchase multiple memory cards lol

2 Likes

Ohhh didn’t know that. I’m buying a vita soon so that’s useful info, thanks ^^

Woah, totally didn’t know that. That’ll definitely ramp up my schedule on buying one, then. Once I set aside money in the budget.

Finished Rose Guns Days. It was pretty good. Lots of well-written characters and interesting conflicts, though nothing really stands out; with just one exception and that is Gabriel, who completely stole the show for a few chapters. What an exceptional bitch.

The end came a bit too fast for my liking. Everything’s wrapped up so quickly, more quickly than I could really keep up with. I did get a little teary-eyed at one scene which I have to give it credit for since it definitely didn’t feel like it aimed for that or anything. But still, the conclusion came so damn fast, some characters could’ve used better send-offs, that would’ve made all the difference.

It has a great OST though, not that that should come as any surprise.

I finished Steins;Gate for the first time over the holiday! I have all the endings except Mayuri’s which I plan to go for sometime this week. There are a few trophies I want to tray grabbing too.

It was really great. I definitely respect the anime, but the Visual Novel had so much more of the sciency and psychological stuff in it and I loved it.

1 Like

So, uh, KoiChoco anyone?

English patch finally released after four years, https://basicvntls.wordpress.com/2015/11/30/koi-to-senkyo-to-chocolate-english-patch-1-0/

Also has a “Safe” version which takes out H-scenes, but does not remove anything other kind of nudity.

I’d love to just drop everything and read it now, but Im kinda in the middle of like 4 other VNs at the moment :yahaha:

Dat art doe :fukowa:

4 Likes

Ahh I already stumbled over this a few times. Good that it’s finally out!

The art looks amazing! I really love the style. Also a nice move to release an anti-h-scenes version. Guess I will take it for my next VN after Clannad… And higurashi… And other… Ugh

But thanks for reminding!

Yes! So much yes xD
I just found out that they’re ending the Hope’s Peak Academy story (Dangan Ronpa 3) as an anime instead of a game, but they are making another Dangan Ronpa VN with a new cast in a new setting, with new mutual killings. Yay!
Dangan Ronpa is my favorite thing besides Key.

1 Like

Yeah, just saw the announcement today! SO HYPE

Though I need to finish DR2 and UDG first, haha. The anime will be exciting, though; from what I heard from the interview, the story conclusion fits better with an anime adaptation.

I actually have to finish SDR2 as well :stuck_out_tongue:
I never finished it (I’m halfway through chapter 6) because I thought there wouldn’t be anymore Dangan Ronpa and I didn’t want it to end. But now I can read the end because I know there will be more.
Weird logic, I know.

I like anime, so I’m kind of glad they’re doing it that way. And even though the anime adaptation of the first VN wasn’t very good (in my opinion, anyway…), I’m still a little upset they never did an SDR2 anime adaptation.