General Manga Discussion

Oh god, it’s even worse, we literally see everything, so if you were turned off by the gore, then don’t read it. However, the story is one of the best i know of and if you are able to deal with the blood and guts, it is more than worth it.

1 Like

Ha, I should probably stay away from it in that case ^^"

Yes, but not at all, the story of this manga is different from the Armored Core game Franchises.

1 Like

But listen to the anime soundtrack. That thing is actually good. The anime did two good things - The soundtrack and HanaKana.

1 Like

I mean, the anime wasn’t complete trash, but the manga is so good that it was super disapointing when the anime came out. Not only have they adapted a small part of the manga that is not the most interesting. They also removed story elements that were important for future, and more hyper, development. So now they can’t really continue the story which is really sad in my opinion.

So I got interested and actually started reading Uwagaki a while ago. I recently finished it.
It didn’t feel like a shoujo at all. In fact, it’s tagged as “Seinen” xD
Also, shoujo manga readers will get mad at you if you say Uwagaki is a shoujo manga and then describe its art as beautiful~

After finishing it, I’d say it’s a decent manga with an interesting plot. It’s not as deep and thought-provoking as you seem to expect it to be, though. Don’t expect too much, really. On the other hand, it’s definitely not terrible, I can assure you at least that much.

1 Like

I really liked it for what it was. More comic then dramatic. I do not understand how it could be classified as a seinen though, it seems weird.

Has anyone seen the “Orange” manga ? The plot seems very interesting. It got a Live action movie adaption. The music used in the trailer is beautiful :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:
Mirai - Kobukuro
The chorus is the best part. Seems like this is a feels story, since it deals with topics that not a lot of people seem to not want to talk about.
The movie was released December of last year, guess I’ll have to find subs if there is any.

I pretty much read it all in a day then a week later it was announced to have 1 more chapter. It’s a pretty good drama with time travel elements.

1 Like

Oh I guess I’m late to this thread.

Favorites:
Last Game. I fricken love last game. Every time I read a new chapter I just become a little girl inside. idk I just reaalllyy like it. It’s really cute and really sweet and my favorite shoujo manga.

Koe no Katachi. I’m surprised no one mentioned this (I think). The one shot is fricken amazing. It’s ~60 pages so I highly recommend you read it. The normal manga is also pretty good.

Orange. I just read it a few days ago and it was really good. I think people already talked about it so I won’t say anything more.

The Friendly Winter. It’s a really cute manhwa featuring a girl who has a growth disorder and a guy who has a mental disorder. That’s all I’ll say about it.

Assassination Classroom. Again, already mentioned. It’s almost ended and at this point I already know it’s going to be one of my favorites.

Hibiki no Mahou. There’s kinda an entire thread about it so I don’t need to say anything.

Honorable mentions (many of which are because they aren’t finished):
Real Account. It’s one of those psychological “stuck in a game” type things but its not an mmo this time yay. It hasnt had consistent releases though.

Relife. This might be moved to favorites. I really like the everything. It has consistent updates and I like the romance and stuff.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari. I originally read the manga but I wanted more so I read the original Web novel as well. Apparently the light novel is in publication and the manga is based on the new light novel and not the web novel so I’m reading to see where the story branches off and stuff.

Nukoduke. Hngghh what the hell even is this? It’s like a cute SoL thing that isn’t about cute girls doing cute things but it’s still cute. It’s really light hearted and stuff idk what else to say.

Saki. I do not recommend because I assume that most people on an English speaking forum wouldn’t care about mahjong. I like it because I like mahjong and find the manga really excited with RINSHAN KAIHOU and all that. There’s also the hinted yuri ship which is great.

Is it better than the manga? I love the full manga and normally don’t bother with one-shots of things that were picked up in full.

If you read the full manga then the one shot probably won’t give you any more. The one-shot was just so powerful in such a short time but I think that exact plot of the one shot is covered in the first 3 chapters of the full manga and then it moves on after. You might want to check it out anyways.
EDIT: I read the one shot again and now I want to read the entire manga again… tfw story is just too damn good…

1 Like

I’m currently reading 孤高の人 now, and only halfway through it. I’m also reading Toradora! LN and there`s a bunch of LN and manga on my backlog, so maybe in the distant future I can give Arslan Senki a try.

1 Like

The Your Lie In April creator made a new manga called Sayonara watashi no Cramer. I can’t find a synopsis for it. Is it a good manga ? Is it like YLIA in a sense, or is it more slice-of-life ?

1 Like

Kodansha USA is simulpubbing it on Comixology if you want to give it a try
It’s a sequel to her previous series “Sayonara Football” so you’ll want to read that first (it’s only 8 chapters)
I haven’t read any yet since Comixology isn’t in Canada and I’m not really into soccer so I can’t really help with the rest.

1 Like

Errr… Okay so I read lots of manga them being mainly Shoujos like Fruits Basket, Vampire Knight, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Ao Haru Ride, Nijiro DAYS, Last Game, Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji, Strobe Edge, Ore sama Teacher (this one’s considered a shoujo although it doesn’t really give a shoujo feeling haha)… and many MANY other shoujos.

I do read other genres of mangas, of course. I really liked Pandora Hearts, Deadman Wonderland, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Orange (yay! the anime’ll come out this summer prepare yourselves for the feels!), Assassination Classroom (Uuuuuh, Koro sensei…), Naruto (I read ALL chapters on one month haha!), Bleach and Nisekoi. I remember that I tried once starting from the very beginning One Piece and actually read around 130 chapters but… impossible task…I’m thinking about getting back on reading it but I still don’t feel like it.

And there’s also many MANY other mangas. I remember once trying to read an ecchi (Fairy Tail and To-love-Ru) but it was way too hilarious so I stopped.

1 Like

Thanks @Doublethree1

Oh, and speaking of Manga. I just finished “Orange” a few weeks ago and man, that was one heck of a roller coaster.
I can’t wait for the anime :smiley:
That Ueda trash should be slit. She’s irritating.

1 Like

This is a Key manga but I’m not sure if it needs its own topic so I’ll put it here unless its deemed necessary.

So I found a manga called “Kanon & Air: Sky” with the writer just being credited as Key and the artist Izumi Rei (Hibiki’s Magic) so I assume its official. Its 14 chapters of what is mostly Kanon sidestories with a few at the end being for Misuzu and the first and last being crossover chapters. While nothing special I did find some interesting things like (Shiori & Sayuri route spoilers) Sayuri critiquing Kaori on ignoring Shiori.

I was wondering if anyone else had read this and what they thought of it.

1 Like

I have that! I really love it. It is fluffy as far as the content goes, but it is a fun read as a fan, and I really like the sketchy style of line art.

2 Likes

I’ve started up my Ranma 1/2 collection again after I lost them all when I moved. I absolutely love it but I only ever got to vol. 15 before, about the halfway point. I’m excited to reread them!

1 Like