General Issues

Aw geeze, how thoughtful of you to enable circles for me.

<3

That said Iā€™d appreciate it if youā€™d, like, fix that. Please.

Can I have a screenshot or something? Iā€™m not messing with you specifically (I canā€™t speak for @Aspirety though), but it may be something weird that doesnā€™t happen for me o.O

Also try clearing your cache, in case you got an outdated stylesheet of some description. Especially if you donā€™t see a background image on the page.

Clearing the cache worked. Hereā€™s a screenshot anyways, though http://puu.sh/jvDyv/221fd7246e.png.

The stylesheets editing is weird and I donā€™t know why that syntax error is back T_T

In Desktop Notifications, spoiler tags are written in plain text. I donā€™t know how many users actually make use of this feature (I usually donā€™t) but this may be worth looking into regardless.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s anything we can do about that; the same problem exists for discourse posts pulled to the blog. The spoiler tag is a third-party plugin, so it has compatibility issues with other functions of Discourse.

Not sure if this really counts as an issue or not, but Iā€™m plopping it here anyway:

The forum discussion sections of articles on the main site are cut off. Moving the mouse wheel or using text selection to scroll doesnā€™t work. Middle click + dragging works for scrolling, but itā€™s not really intuitive.

Chrome: 44.0.2403.155 m (64-bit) up to date
Firefox: 40.0.2 up to date
Microsoft Edge: 20.10240.16384.0
Internet Explorer: 11.0.10240.16384

(Slight difference in Edge and IE: text selection scrolling works but middle click + drag doesnā€™t)

Would be nice if it went back to being the first few replies all on the bottom of the page. :slight_smile:

Weā€™re aware of this issue and Iā€™m still in the process of nudging @uppfinnarn to fix it :stuck_out_tongue:

Argh, I have no idea whatā€™s even causing this, I have to dig around in the styles tomorrow

1 Like

Okay Iā€™m pretty sure this wasnā€™t like this before. Is anyone else seeing this?

Thereā€™s these weird black lines separating the reply box from the rest of the window. Looks jarring. Iā€™m not the only one getting this right?

nope, itā€™s here for me too. I am using Google Chrome, in case you need that information

Have it as well and Iā€™m using Firefox. Itā€™s convenient I guess being able to resize the writing partition of the screen.

Pretty sure youā€™ve always been able to resize it; itā€™s the black lines that werenā€™t there a day agoā€¦

EDIT 1: By the way, @LinkThinks and @Bonecuss, feel free to peruse and complain about round avatars here:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/round-avatars-in-topic-list/27098

EDIT 2: First issue with the new update I can see is that it doesnā€™t like mobile at all. Weā€™ll need to see what we can do about that.

EDIT 3: And sorted! Thanks Aspi.

Not sure of this is an issue or not, but I find it really hard to join the skype chat since the mobile version sucks,
Iā€™d like to chat aith the people from the community through a mobile-friendly application like Line or something

You can just friend one of us and weā€™ll add you manually. Like my username is just bonecuss.
Unless you mean that youā€™re just not finding the interface easy to use and not that joining the chat is the difficult bit?

what I meant was that mobileā€™s Skype doesnā€™t show the messages, thatā€™s why I canā€™t use the group though Iā€™m a member

Mobile skype usually takes a long time to sync messages, so that might be why.

Which is why skype on mobile is suffering

So Kaza just moved to a completely rebuilt infrastructureā€¦ and hopefully nobody noticed a thing.

We had some issues with our old server, like sporadic slowdowns, and because of how it was set up, any major upgrades took the site down for a few minutes.

This new setup involves multiple servers and a load balancer and should allow us to potentially avoid any downtime at all, ever again - but itā€™s also substantially more complex, and something may have gone wrong somewhere along the way.

If you spot any weirdnesses (like pages not loading, broken stylesheets/images, etc), please tell us!

2 Likes