General Gaming Discussion

ahh yes. the bane of my progress on basically everything… up until this came out I had been reading VNs at more than double my normal pace, catching up on old games that I never finished, and still managed to find time to study and play LoL. After it came out… well. you would probably be able to tell just by looking at my play time…

I only ever had 3 games for the Game Boy Color. They were all I ever needed and all I ever wanted:
Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Silver and Pokemon Gold.
I still remember when I first started Pokemon Yellow. My initial team only consisted of Pikachu and Nidoran(male). I was stubborn about not including any of the other pokemon in the starting zone in my team. Which means that I kept trying to beat the first arena with nothing but physical attacks xD
It was a long process of going to the arena for a battle of attrition against stone pokemon, losing, going back into the forest to level up, then trying again. It was fun nonetheless ^^

See, I had Pokemon Blue, Red, Yellow, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FR and LG… but I didn’t know G/S/C even existed until sometime after Diamond and Pearl.

I generally don’t like Pokemon because the gameplay consists of pressing A and mindlessly moving in directions for hours, but the gamecube game Colosseum took up a lot of my time (I had the Umbreon and Espeon all the way through to Pearl) and the sequel XD was fun.

I’ve also been messing around with XY recently. Got a permanently Mega-formed shiny Gardevoir!

well, technically, technically not. If you want to go by localization, yeah, there’s a ‘p’ missing. However, due to Twitter being stupid, it didn’t quite work out. However, when we go by Japanese VA, not a single one is saying ‘Planeptune’ , they all just say ‘Planetune’ , so yeah ^^

YES MY FRIEND YESSSS! (sorry too much CS:GO huehue). No seriously the first Rayman was one of the hardest games I have ever played when I was a kid. And then went on and played every single rayman game. STILL WAITING FOR THE 4TH ONE BTW, UBISOFT PLS Y U SPAM RABBITS AT ME.

1 Like

Oh, I remember Rayman. The final level was glorious, especially the cake part.
Never kept up with the franchise, but platformers are boring anyway =w=

2 Likes

[quote=“IkaCZ, post:184, topic:29”]
No seriously the first Rayman was one of the hardest games I have ever played when I was a kid. And then went on and played every single rayman game.
[/quote]Same here. I played through the N64 version of Rayman 2, but I never managed to beat it myself. My sister loves Rayman more than I do, though. She even likes the Rabbids.

[quote=“Takafumi, post:185, topic:29”]
platformers are boring anyway
[/quote]Yeah. I’ve always preferred JRPGs. XD

JesseCox and WoWCrendor did a video on Kazamatsuri.org’s favorite game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iSzdfpX3r4

1 Like

I just got this! I’m glad Monster Hunter is finally blowing up in the West. It’s sold out almost everywhere. Luckily I was able to order a store pickup at Gamestop about 20 minutes away. I stayed up till 3 am playing it last weekend :smiley: This game has the coolest weapons since Final Fantasy. The Charge Blade is really fun to use, and you can feel the power and impact of each hit. I haven’t played online yet though. Anyone want to play? Should I create a separate Monster Hunter topic?

1 Like

So I have found a really interesting thing. I found out that there is a Russian Server for an MMORPG called “Blade and Soul”. I was waiting to play that game for 5 years ever since it was announced and its still in Asia.
And I couldn’t wait and downloaded the Russian version. Suprisingly the ping is pretty low and it runs smoothly! It even has an almost-done English patch which is really handy.
It is really nice a MMORPG with asian elements and its heavy action-based so people used to normal MMORPGs will have some problems at first but I think theyll get used to it soon :p.
If anyone wants to join me or is intrested, message me and ill send you the links :p.

ONE YEAR AGO, ONE MAN STARTED PLAYING A REALLY GOOD GAME ABOUT APES ON A SHITTY CONSOLE.
He considered, and still considers it, pretty much the consoles magnum opus, with phenomenal design just all over, with only a nitpicky things in a couple of levels worth complaining about.
Unfortunately other things came out so he had to leave it after beating it without touching hard mode much.

BUT THEN HE RETURNED THIS YEAR, ALMOST A YEAR AFTER BEATING IT.
But the man did not just wish to do any old Hard Mode, oh no, see this game has multiple characters, one of them noticeably being BROKEN AS SHIT, even during normal mode, where she was a power up and not playable like she is in hard, the man chose to avoid using her as much as possible.
Because seriously Retro you made Dixie stupidly overpowered it’s blatantly obvious and how did you even go so hard at this without realizing how broke as fuck she was?

SO for Hard Mode the man made a choice, not only would he be avoiding the broken as fuck Kong, but he would play only as the base character, the one with no special power, he chose to do Hard Mode the hardest way possible, with a Donkey Kong solo.

It took months, it took hours and hours of gameplay, a CERTAIN FUCKING LEVEL clocked at least 6 hours and over 100 lives.

Oh my fucking GOD that was hard.
Ok like, let me give you some context for everyone who hasn’t played this or knows what Hard Mode is like (Read: Everyone but @Aspirety), I’ve beaten Ninja Gaiden NES, I feel like this achievement should sit next to THAT on my shelf, it’s really that butt fucking nuts on Hard Mode.

FEELS PRETTY GOOD MAN. MY DONG IS FULLY EXPANDED.

2 Likes

Major props man. That’s a very impressive feat. I should give Hard Mode a try myself, dixie or not.

Though it’s interesting to think that Dixie is significantly less broken than she was in DKC2 and 3. Different game I know, but still.

Man Dixie just is a broken little shit huh?
I’d laugh if she got added to Smash yet continued that trend.

You should totally do it, the game deserves people to play it more, it’s way too fucking unpopular.

1 Like

I was wondering if anyone here got Fossil Fighters Frontier on 3DS a couple days ago. I picked it up knowing next to nothing about the series and have been having a blast with it so far. It’s a shame Nintendo launched it the same day as Mario Party 10 as that completely overshadowed it.

As a dedicated Nintendo fan, even I don’t know anything about that game. That’s like the nichest niche of Nintendo there is XP

Actually I think I remember there was a game on DS as well? I guess I’ll wait for reviews to come in before deciding on it.

2 Likes

yeah I think there were 2 on the DS, I hadn’t heard of them until recently either. It’s kind of like Pokemon except only 5 elements (Fire, Water, Earth, Air and Neutral, although I’ve only seen 1 Neutral), you can only chose 1 Vivosaur for each battle, you can bring 2 friends (either in game or real life) and you can’t actually catch any, instead you dig them up which you are ranked on how much you got out of the dirt without damaging it. You also need to find it’s head, body, arms and legs for it to reach full power. I’m finding myself just going around areas attempting to find new fossils for either new vivosaurs or ones I have but I’m missing parts for.

What’s the combat like? Turn based RPG?

yeah, you can also use these special things for ~5 seconds after you or a partner chose their attack before it hits (or as an enemy is attacking you) that do things such as raise attack, defense, evasion, accuracy, etc. You can map to each of the ABXY buttons and they each have a certain amount of uses before you have to either leave the area or find a machine to refill them. You also get 1 move for each fossil you find for that specific vivosaur.

So I mentioned before that my formerly favorite Game, previously to Little Busters, used to be Grandia.

I realize that the chances are pretty slim, but is there anyone else here who was fortunate enough to play this amazing masterpiece of a game? ^^

I have heard about it, but unfortunately no. I heard its a good rpg but nothing else

The only games for ps1 I played was Crash Bandicoot series, spyro 2 and some other stuff like duke nukem and some Power rangers shit lol. Oh Oh and I also had this “demo discs” and there was “the legend of dragoon” which had one of the most fun rpg combat systems I have ever played on PS1. Oh also played Tony Hawks.
And sometimes I played Ridge Racer type 4 with my cousin cuz he had ps1 too. Ahh the good times yo.