General Gaming Discussion

I picked up HuniePop last night for stupid fun and I actually kind of really like it >_>

Cast is great, gameplay is simple but challenging and the gradual increase in difficulty is great, lots of stat stuff you can do to help with it. Voice acting isn’t even that bad.

would recommend

gotta go finish it myself, only got 5 of the 9 girls in my first 5 hour or so play session

And IIIIIIIIIIIIII’m playing GTAV. Late? Maybe, but I didn’t wanna pay full price for it and was waiting for a lull in my gaming to pick it up.

What you think I just play games about cute girls and enraged simians?

1 Like

What system you get it for?

PS3.
It’s hilarious how shoddy this version is, at least I assume the current gen and PC version are in better condition at least.
Low res textures all over the place and more than once have I reached a place that hasn’t loaded at all aside from collision.

Wanna try that hist thing that came out a few weeks ago, making the game brand new to some people because some of us has been waiting since launch for that. (fuck you rockstar)

How many times did rockstar delay the release on PC? Oh 3? Ohh no sorry almost 5 times. Not mad at all.

Sounds online, nah I good, long story, but it’s a shitload of hassle to get my PS3 online and I can’t be bothered to do that.

Yup its online, just remember. fuck you rockstar

Made by the studio that had characters put into 100% Orange Juice, QP Shooting - Dangerous!! is on the weekly humble bundle right now.
I thought people would be interested because if you own the game you get a special unlock character in OJ!

1 Like

So I’m playing DK64 since it came out of virtual console and HOLY SHIT IS THE DK RAP FULL OF SHIT.

“If he shoots ya, it’s gonna hurt” - The projectle weapons are really weak actually
“He’s bigger, faster, and stronger too” - Can’t deny the size, but his significantly slower than the SNES games, and enemies tend to die slower so I question him being stronger
“If you choose her you’ll not choose wrong” - I find Tiny controls worse than most of the kongs and her powers are kind of boring, I only use her for her collectibles really
“He has no face” - He actually does
“He many move slow” - he doesn’t tho
“He can’t jump high” - Actually his jump height is fine, no worse than the rest, I mean if you factor in the giant transformation, he’s actually the fastest and highest jumping one of the lot
“Walnuts” - Unlike the other fruit I haven’t encountered any of these.

So yeah, do not trust, it’s lies, lies!

3 Likes

He has no face

chucky jumps the highest even without being big, his slide jump is really high for some reason lol.

Dk64 is so much fun I mainly mess around with the glitches these days. There are like a ton of fun glitches in dk64. More are being discovered even today. It is like one of those things that is fun after you beat it and get a little bored of the normal game. If you ever watched a speedrun of dk64 you’ll know what I mean by a ton lol. The vc removed one of the silliest glitches, lag. Lag actually causes you to move faster and jump further and be able to clip through walls and stuff. I think they discovered new glitches on vc because certain things would crash the game no longer crashes it.

Lanky may have no face but his long arms can skip any banana door lol (well not the last one but diddy can skip that one).

Guess I’ll post here because I’m bored and want to bash the graphics in Xenoblade 3D.

So I finally decided to play some Dark Souls for the first time. Didn’t play around with the first game too much before I just picked up Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin cause it runs better and multiplayer actually works for me. I have to say, I’ve been pretty underwhelmed by the difficulty level in Scholar of the First Sin, and that’s even supposed to be a step up from normal Dark Souls II. Maybe I’m just not far enough, but the original Dark Souls just felt a lot tougher. Well, I’ll hold back judgement until I’m further along. It’s a very enjoyable experience, though, and the way online play is integrated is seriously awesome. Although I can only stand watching so many people walk off random ledges and dying, but I guess we’ve all been there.

Aside from Dark Souls, I’ve spent some time playing Guild Wars 2 with @Bonecuss. Your ability to just interact with the environment and go just about anywhere you want is something really hard to go without in other MMOs. Like, it’s hard to stress just how liberating it feels until you mess around with it a bit. It’s also fun to laugh at other people’s Charr names 10/10 best MMORPG.

There’s not a whole lot to say about Majora’s Mask 3D except for the fact that it’s portable Majora’s Mask with a few nice quality of life changes, a graphical overhaul, and a burning hatred of fun. I can’t figure out for the life of me why they would butcher swimming as a Zora to the extent that they did. Not only does it slow down the game, but swimming at Sanic speed and leaping out of the water like a goddamn dolphin was one of the most fun things to do in Majora’s Mask. Yeah, you can still go fast, but only if you hate having a magic meter and being able to see things clearly. It’s a good thing that there are a host of other improvements that make the game play faster (being able to skip the Song of Soaring cutscene) to compensate, but it’s a big letdown for me. Despite my bitching, I had a lot of fun replaying Majora’s Mask after all these years.

I just picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and have hardly put any time into it since, well, I literally just got it. The main reason I made this post is because this game looks seriously bad. Everything seems cool but those graphics are real rough to look at. I understand that this game is big and open and whatnot, but I expected more since they were hyping up the fact that it’s a New 3DS exclusive. Then again, it’s not like the original game looked that good to begin with. Oh well, I’ll get used to it and it should be fun. I’ve been wanting to play this game for a seriously long time now, so this is a prime chance.

Edit: After actually playing through the sort of opening segment of the game I’m really quite impressed. For one, the combat system is really enjoyable, with a wide range of strategic options right off the bat to keep things interesting. I don’t know who decided on the voice direction the game should take, but it’s got a whole lot of charm to it. My main gripe in that regard is that the characters never shut up in battles. On one hand I don’t mind this, since the interactions are cool, but damn guys just settle down a bit. And the final thing the game has done to impress me so far was its story kicking off quickly and with a lot of force.

I’m pretty much always playing like 3 different Fire Emblem games. I picked up Fire Emblem 7 on the virtual console because I can. Shame Eliwood normal mode is so easy.

Osu is a rhythm game where your skill increases directly in proportion with how much you hate yourself. It’s terrible and should never be played by anybody.

Other than that I preordered my special edition copy of Fire Emblem if. If I don’t get 200 bucks of enjoyment out of this I’ll be slightly disappointed.

3 Likes

It’s that time of the year again when game things happen in a higher frequency than other times of the year.

Also known as E3.

Anybody hype for any things, hmmmm?

Personally I’m all about seeing… Well, almost everything. I just games.

1 Like

I’m not hyped for anything in particular, just want to see the press conferences^^

Not looking forward to a lot of stuff right now anyways, only Just Cause 3 (already preordered), XCOM 2 and Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 on PC

We’ll see what E3 has to offer, it can’t be worse than last year after all

1 Like

I’m excited to see… The new Gears, more Halo 5, Platinum’s new game, pretty much everything SQenix, Bethesda, whatever the hell Xbox is doing with PCs, Persona 5, MGSV, more Tomb Raider, Blue Streak, and on and on and on…

Retro Studios possibly new game and more dirt on the current Fire Emblem projects is all I care for.

Is it worth getting an E3 topic up like last year?

Not really hyping Neptunia Re;Birth 3 for PC because I haven’t even finished R;B 1 ;v;

Nep-Nep is so cute, though

Can’t we just use this thread?

[quote=“JDAM_Cid, post:218, topic:29”]
Not really hyping Neptunia Re;Birth 3 for PC because I haven’t even finished R;B 1 ;v;
[/quote]Rebirth1 and 2 were both great imo, overall I think I prefer 2. I’m at lvl999 with all characters in both but have to unlock a few more endings in 2… Still, I want Pururut and Peashy back, so gimme 3! Hurry up idea factory!

I also just remembered Terraria Otherworld, that’s another game I’m looking forward to and want to coop with some friends, but I dunno if it’ll be at E3