General Gaming Discussion

All I want to see is Footage of new Mirrors Edge, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Need for speed, and the release date… FOR THE DIVISION.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT FALLOUT 4

I can’t even its so good everything looks great aaaaahhhhhhhh

4 Likes

Bethesda pretty much dropped bombs and left the rest of the presentations with crazy big standards to meet. AHHHHH

Microsoft’s conference was alright, even though I’m not a console person

Currently watching EA’s conference… holy crap, it’s so incredibly bad, I can’t… shitty PvZ no one cares about, lame trailers, PELÉÉÉÉÉ

1 Like

I really liked Microsoft’s bit on the Hololens, if it really works as well as they demonstrated it’s going to be amazing!!

I watched (skimmed through) most of it, but nothing interesting showed up. The blind indie game looks cute, but I doubt it’ll have much content, and it hasn’t executed the portrayal of vision very well from what we saw. That one about the girl and the robots sounds interesting, but we don’t even know what the actual game is - we just have an obscure trailer. The Minecraft thing looks cool but gimmicky. I’d never use it at least.

WELL FUCK.

Everyone else needs to step the fuck up Sony LITERALLY making the impossible possible.

7 Likes

Have you guys heard about this one?

It’s a High Art game, and simply splendid. If you’re looking for something to relax yourself, this game is the best option.

1 Like

Apparently Nier and Shenmue are really popular, but I’ve never heard anyone mention them ever. Are these things that were popular online, but never spread in popularity offline, like Xenoblade was?

About Shenmue: http://imgur.com/a/wg7MB

The article didn’t bring up price. I heard Shenmue was pretty expensive. That’s a weird thing to miss out. And yeah, being on the Dreamcast is unfortunate. I’ve never even seen one of those. Everyone I know moved on from Sega after the Mega Drive… Or they had a Snes instead and went the Nintendo route.

Still, if there are enough Shenmue fans out there to fund the kickstarter so quickly, why was it so… unknown? I’m not that up-to-date with modern gaming, but I always bought the magazines. I was one of those kids who went on Youtube and just watching gaming news and podcasts and stuff.
Shenmue looks like the type of thing I’d have looked into. “Oh, it looks like Jade Empire!” or something like that~ So I doubt I overlooked it. Did people just not talk about it? Even looking through google, there weren’t any big articles about it at all…

When FFX was released in 2001, it was heralded as one of the finest made products in gaming history

I remember everyone hating that game when it released… Took a couple years before I heard people praise it.

That’s why for every E3 since the dawn of the show, Shenmue rumors have always floated to the top of the speculation barrel, even after all these years.

Have they?

Well I was only 5 years old when the first Shenmue came out, so I asked a friend and he said that it’s not that well known because 1) it came out before gaming was a big topic on the internet, and 2) it came out on a Sega console that was already dying and thus never made it that big, and apparently a lot of people in the west didn’t really like it because it was “very japanese” and had very bad dubbing

But still there were some hardcore fans that - after Shenmue 2 ended on a cliffhanger - never gave up hope for a 3rd game and now it happened, so… yea

[quote=“Takafumi, post:230, topic:29”]
I remember everyone hating that game when it released… Took a couple years before I heard people praise it.
[/quote]Not sure about this one

[quote=“Takafumi, post:230, topic:29”]
Have they?
[/quote]He says “and yes I have seen E3 rumors for the past 16 years for every E3”
I did not, but if he says so it must be true^^

edit: well, like this http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=314

So does anyone else here play this amazing game by the name “Life Is Strange” ?

Oh, did anyone get Her Story? That’s a really interesting little game. I think it appeals more to me because it’s so British, but I like it.

I’ve heard of it, isn’t it on ios though? I don’t own any Apple Devices.

It’s on Steam. It’s still on sale 'til the end of today.

Online games/VNs were all I’ve been doing for the past few months,
still on the hype train of MGS V, Uncharted
MGS is my favorite game of all times, (especially the third)
, Skyrim, The last of us, GW2, Rayman are my favorite games (sorry for the last one XD)

Anyone else part of the Wii U master race? I’ve been playing Splatoon pretty much non-stop for the past two weeks, and I still haven’t got bored of it.

Wii U.
Was going to buy till I knew about MGS V 1 year ago XD
I own a PS4 now instead
(PC is the master race!!! starts a war)

Does anyone here happen to know of a side-scrolling SEGA game that was set in a beach and the protagonist was some kind of red/pink alien with two antennas? I dunno the publisher, probably Capcom but not sure… I played it about 8 or 9 years ago…