General Gaming Discussion

I play Zelda games moderately fast.

Anybody for The Elder Scrolls Online?
I play PC NA.

Morrowind hype.

I have been recently playing Etrian Odyssey Untold off an on, but Iā€™m soon going to start Star Ocean 2, Da Capo 1, and Harmonia (unless someone says that Harmonia isnā€™t a good place to start the Key VN experience).

Sadly, thatā€™ll put a damper on playing lots of other games for a while but thereā€™s hope to squeeze in some other smaller games or Musou-style games or Smash 4 co-op in the meantime.

I found yesterday the Rewrite tree in ARK
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/169290807006386415/50C50CF50EEAB6CE3DD153410DD6DED096D3B3DF/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/169290807006385498/3645F43A17DD339C100EC3804EDC33445525B415/

2 Likes

Calling all PC Overwatch players

If you didnā€™t know thereā€™s a thing called the nexus challenge which is an event to help get players into Blizzardā€™s MOBA Heroes of the Storm.
So if we play Heroes of the Storm as a group we will earn free things in Overwatch

1 Like

Iā€™ve recently beaten NieR: Automata and I think it might be my new all-time favourite game

Since I am (still) a college student, I donā€™t always have as much time as I would love with games. However, I have been trying to find time here and there to actually play them. Currently, this is what I am playing:

• Persona 5 (Life Will Change intensifies)
  • SMT IV (like/hate relationship with this game right now)
  • SMT: Soul Hackers (starting to see a trendā€¦)
  • If My Heart Had Wings (great visual novel overall)
  • Katawa Shoujo (better than I thought itā€™d be)
  • Tomoyo After Story (havenā€™t played much, but I rather enjoy what I play)

Stuff I have on the backburner:

• SMT: Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga (on the backburner, but they were fun)
  • Steins;Gate (really wanna pick this back up, but I got too many VNā€™s right now)
  • The Last of Us (literally bought that game when it came out and I STILL havenā€™t
    played more than like 5 minutes of it)
  • Tales of Symphonia (one of those games I enjoyed a lot and life happened, so I had
    to stop randomly and havenā€™t picked it up again for months)
  • To The Moon (started a LONG time ago, NEED to finish)

Favourite Games of All Time in order (or just games I have played recently that I adore):

• Persona 4 (AKA: Bearsona 4)
  • Persona 5
  • Megaman Battle Network 3 (SUPER underrated GBA game)
  • Pokemon Emerald (muh nostalgia)
  • Clannad (Visual Novel)
  • Kingdom Hearts 2 (though 358/2 has best story)
  • Persona 3
  • Uncharted 3 (probably the one multiplayer game I actually loved playing)
  • Fruit of Grisaia (SUCH a good Visual Novel)
  • Kingdom Hearts 1 (Final Mix Edition)
  • Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Game that I am anticipating/praying to the grace of Godoka/Haruhi Suzumiya will actually come out:

• Kingdom Hearts 3 (PLS SQUARE)
3 Likes

I enjoyed Harmonia but Iā€™m still not completely sure how I feel about it, so sorry for not saying much on it.

I am still getting my ass handed / roasted to me in Etrian Odyssey :happy:. Iā€™m used to the difficult stuff, but progress is slow. If I can get past the 15th floor then things should be far easier, but I love this in the meantime. :deino:

Iā€™ve heard a lot of good things about Nier: Automata and would like to get it at some point.

Star Ocean 2 has made me remember (as though I didnā€™t already know) how much I love Star Ocean and Tales of games.

2017 seems like itā€™ll be a great year in Gaming.

Iā€™ve been really enjoying Nioh. My time with it has been in decline, though Iā€™ll be getting the dlc at some point. Overall, fantastic game.

I had been playing Nier Automata, but the above game stole my time from it. Before Nier, I had been mainly playing For Honor, but Iā€™ve started back at it again. (Of course, with my ps plus recently expired, Iā€™m stuck with easy bot matches).

I also play Heroes of the Storm off and on.

In VNs, Iā€™ve been playing Clannad and the first Grisaia.

Currently, the games Iā€™m planning on getting next are Dark Souls III, Persona 5, and a replacement copy for Dark Souls I.

My procrastination has probably reached the highest point in the last few years and being ravaged by a violent stream of work&stuff I need to do, Iā€™ve found myself back in ā€œWorld of Warshipsā€.
Didnā€™t play it since initial phases of CBT (on RU-server) and quite a lot has changed since then.
Personally, I believe that this game moves in a wrong direction, but I still manage to find it pleasurable to play.
I am far from being a top player, but getting a ā€œKrakenā€ after almost a 2-year break was really enjoyable.
Still, they are nerfing IJN too muchā€¦ The US Navy also got nerfed comparing to the CBT time.
DDs are getting more and more buffs and for the god only knows what reason theyā€™ve decided to award British Royal Navyā€™ cruisers with smoke screensā€¦ Probably for those poor souls who canā€™t sail, aim, maneuver, and fire all at the same time.
Another bad point is their idea of bringing into the game ships that have never seen the lights of the real world. Almost the whole Soviet Navy tech-tree is made from obscure documentation and has 0 realism to it.

On another note, Iā€™ve played a few sessions of multiplayer Stellaris with itā€™s latest DLC ā€œLeviathanā€ and ā€“ wow! ā€“ it was great. Paradox does know how to produce spectacular gamesā€¦ EU series still being my all-time favorite.

I have also played "GalGun" a few weeks ago and it was so fun that I fell in love with that game. I have almost 0 interest in FPS-genre, butā€¦ such a fulfilling experience it was (GalGun, I mean). I have completed all of the game routes and probably will go for obtaining all of the achievements sooner or later.

You know, being able to strive towards to your goal and complete it no matter what is a good thingā€¦ unless when it comes to gaming and putting off other important things.

I started playing Tera (again, I put it off at first after 30 minutes because of how laggy it is) because of how awesome the combatā€™s visuals were and also how great the game (mainly the background) looks. Sadly of course, Iā€™m only about to experience 1/10th of whatever the visual would otherwise offer me if I wasnā€™t running it on a 20-35 fps potato computer : s

It annoys me so much that I decide that I would just get to level cap (65, currently at 62) and immediately uninstall the game right after (or maybe in a few days).

But hey, level 65 in 5 days is an achievement to me (though people have said that itā€™s possible to 65 in a single day, I have around 30 hours by now : s) The concept of capping level asap in an MMORPG have never occured to me for some reason after having played the likes of SWTOR andā€¦ wait what else have I playedā€¦ But still, point is, the concept of end-game contents never occurred to me, usually in the cases of these games, itā€™s normal to think of that the past few levels were just a long tutorial, because the real game/grind starts at level cap (cough granblue cough)

Anyway, yeah, itā€™s the best looking MMORPG that Iā€™ve played, so if youā€™re looking for something that tries to appeal aesthetically, definitely check Tera outā€¦ albeit the contents of the gameplay itself follows the typical formula of MMORPGs with nothing special to add to, the combat and visual (something that Iā€™ve only seen in YT video) is so satisfying that it will surely outweighs the moreā€¦ boring part of the game.

Also, back to the first sentence: I pretty much wasted another 4(5) days playing a game (which, actually is not that bad, considering the fact that I left Dota with 1k hours and Elsword with 700 hours (like how, I didnā€™t even achieve that much in that game) that I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll ever pick up again, which is totally dependent on whether or not Iā€™ll get a better computer any time soon, all because I just wanted to achieve a goal no matter what.

life is overrated

also this game was like 35gb so it took me more than 30 hours to download :naze:

I played Tera a couple times for a bit, but never hit level cap. The combat was definitely a strong point, I loved the scale of it all, giant sweeping attacks. Warriors-esque in a way. But once Blade and Soul came out it felt like a better version of Tera more suited to my playstyle. Tera had a bigger focus on groups and had a grander scale, whereas B&S felt more solo-oriented. Ultimately they were all about the combat. I just preferred the solo one.

The character creation was pretty good though, and at the end of the day, thatā€™s all that matters in an MMO. I made a giant Aman stompy woman. I wish there were more hairstyles though, that was really limiting.

Recently Quan Zhi Gao Shou has given me the MMO itch, so Iā€™ve been playing FFXIV. The leveling is really tedious, but the pure ridiculousness of some of the things I see keeps me going.

1 Like

Yep the options for character creations were there, but they ended up having a bunch of limitationsā€¦ (why canā€™t my Elin ears be paired with another hair :s)

My friend keeps telling me to play Blade and Soul LMAO, soloing does sound better, though itā€™s mainly because my computer is crap and I would like to minimize the number of people Iā€™m playing with anyway : D

It does look like Tera tho, and inb4 anything with loli Iā€™ll play it; Iā€™m most likely not going to pick B&S up anytime soon, but does it run better than Tera? Just wondering since you knowā€¦ potato computer (lol)

Hmm, the last time I played B&S it ran very well, better than Tera. I like to believe I have a low end computer, but I can run stuff like Nier Automata, so we might be in a different tier of low end.

B&S uses smaller environments than Tera. You get more loading screens, but itā€™ll probably run better in return. You probably wonā€™t notice the smaller size of areas too often because they pack each bit of the map with lots of detail. Rarely is there blank terrain or empty fields.

1 Like

I can probably run Nier and stuff, just at like 10 fps : D

in any case I finished and got to lvl 65ā€¦ Iā€™ll see Tera again in a million years I guess

I played tera for a good while and played 3 chars to cap and it really wasnā€™t that fun at end game. I remember I had to do the last story dungeon with the Argon queen and could not even get into a single party that would let me in. They all wanted fully equiped people and there were no teaching dungeon runs. Though this was all before alliance was implemented so its been years since I played. As for B&S I played the Chinese server Japanese Server and North American Server, playing it on the Chinese server was the worst 1-5 fps and the delay was soo bad but once it got to NA server it was really fun. I got one to Cap and itā€™s really fun. I like alot better than Tera and im sure it runs alot better than Tera. The battle system and controls are alot smoother than Tera and their dungeon system is alot easier to get into. I played before they changed the weapon evolutoin system so everything was super hard to evolve your weapon and accessories and it was super pricey meanign you had to farm constantly. Since they changed it, it got alot more easier. I would say play B&S but do beware that the load times/screen for B&S are very terrible.

1 Like

I know thereā€™s some fruitbat factory fans on the site, so this might be of interest.

Has anyone else played Nier: Automata? Wow, what a great game, I just finished it the other day.

2 Likes

What are you playing right now?

Touhou 16: Hidden Star in Four Seasons, Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity, and Final Fantasy XV; plus a plethora of mobile games (Dragon Poker, Love Nikki, Tap Titans 2, Underhand, Fire Emblem Heroes)

What are some of your favourite games?

Chrono Cross probably my favourite game of all time. The Spyro series, Final Fantasy series, Touhou Project, When They Cry seriesā€¦ thereā€™s probably a lot more Iā€™m missing

What games are you looking forward to?

The Steam releases of Little Busters! Umineko Answer Arc release, the Animal Crossing mobile game looks fun too!

3 Likes

osu!, CS:GO, occasionally some PUBG when I have enough time and a squad.
Looking for some circle clicking friends to enjoy some occasional multi in and do some mapping with.

Other games and games that Iā€™ve slowed down on / donā€™t really touch anymore:

• DotA 2
  • Skyrim
  • Terraria
  • Rust
  • MapleStory (if you ever need help in Reboot, hmu)
  • The Division
1 Like