General Gaming Discussion

I’ve been in “game limbo” for a while since finishing Muv Luv Alternative awaiting LB! but I think I’ve just got time to do Episode 2 of Life is Strange: Before the Storm before Wednesday…

Definitely play it if you have time, it’s really good!

@TomoyaOkazaki Well it’s fairly short so I already finished it! I really enjoyed it especially the play - and the music just fits the mood so well. Can’t wait for the 3rd part - I might even have to interrupt LB! to play it…

1 Like

The original game’s music is what got me into indie rock, and the music for this game is just as good. The play is awesome; they really do a good job of creating complex and realistic characters, and their dynamics are excellent. Agreed, I might have to take a short LB break to play part 3!

@jeyoo If you’re ever looking for more people to play PUBG with, myself and another friend play sometimes and would be happy to join you on a squad!

1 Like

My favorite games have been the Unreal tournament series, all of Ensemble Studios “Age of” games, the GTA series, i’ve played around with Arma 3 a little, and also stealth games i love them and view them as puzzle solving games, my favorite games in that category are the Splinter Cell series and the Hitman series.

1 Like

Have you played any of the Deus Ex games? The first one and Human Revolution are some of my favorite games.

1 Like

Nope, i’ll make a mental note to try them, thanks for the recommendation :smile:

1 Like

I’m a big fan of games in general, and like almost any genre. I’ve played MOBAs, RPGs, FPS games, MMOs, you name it. Some notable “recent” examples include Overwatch, Fire Emblem, Guild Wars 2, Divinity Original Sin, Civ V, too many to mention really. I’ve also always been a big fan of the Legend of Zelda franchise and Nintendo titles in general. I’m also playing 2 mobile games, Fate Grand Order and Fire Emblem Heroes.

Maybe I should’ve mentioned this in my introduction post, but I’m also a big fan of the Fate/Stay Night VN. Thinking about it, that does make me consider whether or not I consider VNs a genre of game and whether I would say I “play” or “read” a VN. Either way works I guess, though I’m curious how most people view VNs.

EDIT: As I browsed the forum a bit afterwards I noticed a discussion topic about the definition of VNs, so ignore the last part I wrote haha. I will be reading about people’s opinions there!

3 Likes

I had some time to try to relax (which was somewhat successful surprisingly enough) and to try to get my mind off of some problems, so please allow me to share some of the games I have been playing recently.

I finished one playthrough of Kirby: Triple Deluxe outside of a few sun stones that I have yet to get to. That game can be pretty fun at times but the Hypernova mechanic just feels old and stale after a while and perhaps that is because Kirby has a lot to do with switching powers or using whatever you feel like using and that mechanic is forced into large sections of stages. It is still an enjoyable experience though!

I went back to play a game older than most of the users here called The Halley Project. It is amazing what flaws you forgive when you are 10 and 15, but it was nice to replay a large section of my childhood and to see how different the way I planned my moves are now compared to back then. I wouldn’t recommend the Commodore 64 version of the game - which is what I grow up with - over other versions though and many people would want to turn off music (sound effects essentially) to even think of trying it out.

At this point, I will look at some other shorter video games and build some more deck ideas in Force of Will now that I have a lot more sleeves to use (maybe using Untap if version 3 is live for the general public in the winter). I don’t think I will be getting around to Tales of Xillia just yet.

Age of empires saga, good taste,I still playing Age of Empires 2 on Steam, I have a good new, Age of empires 4 has been confirmed!
I have played Arma 3, I tried to find tactical (no deathmatch servers) but i can’t find anything, Have you played any realistic-tactical server?
I love stealth games too, my favourite is Metal gear series.

2 Likes

I’ve always been a big fan of Age of Empires, yet I didn’t know AoE 4 was announced. I watched the announcement trailer now though, that got my hyped up. I hope the game will be good!

2 Likes

My favourite “Age of” game was Age of Mythology, it was a really original spin of the AoE2 formula and i also loved the in-game encyclopedia that you could open by clicking on a units portrait that listed all in-game tech improvements that applied to it, by the way AGE OF EMPIRES 4?!?!?! :shock:

Only single player stuff :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@Realta @LAPB I have really enjoyed Age of Mythology, is my second favourite game from Age of Empires series, the mechanics of the game are very well done, the gameplay is like Age of empires 2 with mythology stuff(atlantean are op :yahaha:) but I miss the possibility of build an unlimited number of town centers it’s the only thing that disgusts me about the game for the rest it’s perfect I bought the remastered version on Steam as with AOE2 HD.
Age of Empires 4 was announced in the Gamescom of this year, the only thing I know of this new Age of Empires is that it is developed by Relic Entertainment, same devs from Company of Heroes games,other good new is that a remastered version of Age of Empires 1 will be released this year.

3 Likes

Age of Mythology is the only one I’ve not really played, though some of my friends used to play it and it looked pretty fun. Nowadays I still play some AoE II every now and then on Steam with my brother, and it’s still great. Remastered version of AoE I sounds awesome too, now those were the good old days haha. Me and my father used to play it frequently, it must be like 15 years ago so it certainly brings back memories.

4 Likes

I believe this was a good design choice because otherwise as long as you had villies you could keep building TCs needlessly extending a battle.

DO IT.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, I put it on my wishlist now. Next time it goes on sale I shall play it!

2 Likes

Anyone interested in a tactical shooter game/simulator? Because the Arma franchise is on sale now on steam. I have to admit that nowadays I am quite hooked on Arma 3, known for its tactical and realistic combat. Anyone who likes tactical shooting games/simulator should try it out, I really recommend it. Even on my potato PC (Windows 7 gtx770, I3 core) I am able to play decently, that is in non-overcrowded servers on smaller maps :umu:.

@Who_ci I remember having spent so many hours playing Age of Empires during car trips, during the evenings and during time when I should’ve been studying, just to try and perfect strategies for factions on certain maps.
@LAPB Although I can’t remember which game of Age of Empires I have played (it was on the nintendo DS) I also greatly enjoyed the unit portraits and encyclopedia. It was because of that I actually learned about historical figures such as Richard Lionheart, Jeanne d’Arc etc.

1 Like

@Lionpaw I spent 20 bucks on that game and haven’t had anyone to play it with, so add me on Steam or something and we can play. My name is Ye Olde Hardscoper.

If that is a potato… what is my AMD Athlon X2, GT 440, and 4GB DDR2 RAM PC? is it a toaster?.. is it a coffeepot?..

So yeah… that’s why i haven’t played more than single player :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Life is strange: Before the Storm Part 3 will be released on Dec 20th, just in time for the Christmas break!