General Anime Discussion

Ohh, thanks @Glenn_Irish and @Bonecuss
And I’m not on a laptop/computer, so I can’t search it on google.

Np man :slight_smile: if you like you can check this out, it’s a reverse image search for mobile devices. https://www.tineye.com
I hope you enjoy the show!

Yea I enjoyed it too but it also felt like it wasted potential, definitely worth watching tho, so go right ahead @Kotarou!

So, I was thinking about my AOTS top 3 for summer now that the season is pretty much over, and after much debating with myself I concluded that it has to be

1. Non Non Biyori Repeat
2. Overlord
3. MonMusu

And honorable mentions to Gakkou Gurashi, Gatchaman Crowds Insight, Prison School, Symphogear and this season’s most underrated show Sore ga Seiyuu
It was really hard to decide on those since this season was damn amazing, but I went with those 3 in the end, because I just love everything about NNB, Overlord was so interesting that I actually started reading the LN and I got really into it, and MonMusu is a pretty good adaption of one of my favorite manga if you ignore the minor censorship here and there

Overall, I think I can say that this season was one of the best I’ve seen, but sadly it looks like fall can’t keep up with summer at all when I look at the shows, even though there’s a few that should be good
Here’s the list of shows I’ll watch/try (favorites bold):

• Comet Lucifer: could be a meh mess like Rolling Girls, but I’ll give it a chance
  • Concrete Revolutio: some superpower stuff
  • Garo: Guren no Tsuki: hopefully better than first season
  • Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??: liked the first season
  • Hacka Doll The Animation: can’t remember putting this on my list, but I guess I had my reasons?
  • Heavy Object: Mecha-stuff… have to give one of these a chance at some point, so might as well do it now
  • JK Meshi!: Cooking-show, prolly not nearly as good as Souma, but hey…
  • Komori-san wa Kotowarenai!: some short-anime
  • Kowabon: Horror-short animated with rotoscoping, makes it look kinda Lain-y
  • Lance N’ Masques: there’s way too much of this “magic school” crap this time, and this one is the only one I’ll even attempt to try
  • One Punch Man: already watched the first episode after it was streamed on niconico and it looks really promising, might be best anime this season (made a little webm of a fight: http://webm.host/6d623/vid.webm )
  • Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan: another short
  • Owari no Seraph s2: first season was meh but watchable
  • Owarimonogatari: because Monogatari
  • Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru: best Artstyle for now, setting kinda reminds me of Hyouka
  • Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider: i like mystery, okay?
  • Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen: VN-adaption, but VN isn’t tl’ed yet afaik, so I’ll watch this and read it later if it’s good
  • Young Black Jack: looks interesting, should be good
  • Yuru Yuri San☆Hai!: I like Yuru Yuri, been waiting for a 3rd season for a while
1 Like

No K: Return of Kings?

That’s one of my most anticipated shows for this season.

Mhm looks like I accidentally overlooked that one on anichart, will put it on the list^^

edit: wait, do I need to know the prequels?

Very much so.

The original anime is simply called, “K”. It’s 13 episodes and is to date one of my absolute favorite shows.

They followed up with a 2014 movie, K: Missing Kings. This leads directly into the new season which starts airing this fall.

K and Missing Kings were pretty solid so I’m pretty hype for Return of Kings

Prettiest animation ye ye ye

The animation is pretty, the OST is solid, and the actual premise of the show is decent considering there are pretty significant consequences and responsibilities that go along with the power granted to the Kings.

Ah in that case it’s like the 2nd season of Noragami and the new Aria OVAs, as in I want to try it but I’d want/have to watch the prequels first

I mean I could try to get all of that done in the 1 week between the seasons, but I dunno if that’s gonna work out^^

Does anyone know the feels anime for Fall 2015 ?
In Spring, it was Plastic Memories, and in Summer, it was Charlotte, yes, a lot of people probably didn’t cry in them, but they’re still labeled as the feels anime. I’m too lazy to read the descriptions for every anime coming out in fall, since most of them are gonna be some lame slice of life with little to no progress.

I don’t think there are any, sorry to disappoint^^

Aww… That’s too bad.

Just checked anichart.net again and it looks like the next feels-related thing is gonna be the Charlotte special in march, but maybe there’ll be something announced for winter over the next few weeks?
Or, if you’re like me, you could maybe count the Tamayura movies as kinda-feelsy^^

But there’s a few good shows this fall, I just wrote a little post in Currently Airing Anime

A bit late with this one because I’ve been spending all my awake hours watching Worlds and lamenting TSM’s trashyness, but here’s my wrap up of the season. Unfortunately it’s like… 7k characters over the character limit, so I’ll have to link my blog.

2 Likes

EGOIST is a band in Guilty Crown right ? Can someone explain the relation of the anime from the band ? Since I’m seeing that EGOIST is releasing new music, with a picture of the main heroine in Guilty crown. This might be more towards the music area, but I’ve only seen it in the anime so.

As stated there. Was formed to make music for GC, kept performing afterward.

EGOIST is an off-shoot band of sorts by Supercell, created as an in-universe band in Guilty Crown, with Inori being the singer
They had a lot of success with it. The lead singer, Chelly, won a contest to get the role in the band, and she showed a lot of promise, so they kept the band going after Guilty Crown finished.
Even though they are no longer a Guilty Crown only band, Inori is still used as the band’s persona, so you’ll see her in some of the promo material and in a music video or two.

Personally, I like them more than Supercell. That’s heavy praise, because Supercell manages to be one of my favorite groups year-in year-out.

I know there are some people who are watching Comet Lucifer, to get an idea of how 8-Bit might handle the Rewrite Anime. Has anyone seen the latest episode ? That insert song in the end was just beautiful. It was full of raw beautiful singing.

I finally watched overlord; it was pretty good, I started without expecting anything and it turned out well. It was a very good surprise.

Also, i just watched Gankutsuou, It’s based on the story of: le compte de Monte Christos, a French novel that takes place in 1800. However, the anime takes place in the future and the story, instead of taking place under the point of view of the count, takes place under the point of view of a young man named Albert who get caught in the quest of vengeance of the count. I highly recommend it, it is really appealing visually and has an amazing story that unwinds pretty well.

I haven’t. All I’ve seen of them is Grisaia S1, and that is an absolutely horrible first impression of their work. During the time Grisaia aired, I actually looked at their portfolio of work, and the only work they’ve done that people kind of liked was Tokyo Ravens. Everything else was not received nearly as well.

I watched Love Live. I can’t see why it’s incredibly popular, since it’s a rather average show in the end. It gets really really stupid at times, and the SOL isn’t of the highest caliber either.