First Animated PV of Charlotte unveiled!

UPDATE: Hope we didn't keep you waiting too long! The PV is now available to watch in English! Produced by myself (@Aspirety) with dialogue translations based on Anime News Network and further translations made with the help of @Pepe, @Yerian and @IkaCZ. Thanks for the help guys!

The wait is over! We are finally treated to our very first look at the Charlotte anime! Check out the PV for yourself above! We get a good look at our protagonist Yuu Otosaka, heroine Tomori Nao, and also characters Joujirou Takajou, Yusa Nishimori, and Ayumi Otosaka. The PV also features two music tracks which we can only assume are from the anime.

A notable new detail we picked up on is that Yuu seems to be a transfer student. Given the setting, this would suggest that he had only recently acquired his supernatural powers, and was enrolled in the school to coexist with all the other power-users.

For all the Charlotte information you could ever ask for, check out our pre-release discussion topic. And feel free to join the discussion!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://kazamatsuri.org/first-charlotte-pv-released/
10 Likes

I was blown away by the PV seriously. I had tears in the corner of my eyes. I mean Key you have did it again!
Like I squueeked like a little girl the hype is over 9000. And I think Yuu is going to be my favorite character for sure. Like holy damn Charlotte is going to be freakin AWESOME!
shakes from excitiment
Edit: Angle Beats! sequel anime confirmed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like

The staff was updated as well. But there’s still the CM…

That imouto is just cuteness overload.

2 Likes

Well, that was a PV.

I will say that the animation is quite good, and the music isn’t too bad either. I can tell that the protagonist is going to be quite the interesting guy. My opinion of everything else is still up in the air, so I’ll have to wait for more information to see if this is actually worth watching.

That face, though…

4 Likes

Same impression here. I have high expectations for this protagonist. He seems really cool. Hope P.A. Works does a good job. The only thing I’ve watched by them was Nagi no Asukara, and it was an excellent anime.

There’s the staff interview

-Charlotte is Maeda’s real life novel !?
Maeda has super power and is secretly struggling with it,make sense. XP
Joke aside,seem like Otosaka’s character will deeply reflected Maeda’s personal experience.

3 Likes

A good protagonist goes a long ways towards making a good show. Way too many characters have flat “audience surrogate” protagonists that ironically add nothing to the shows they headline.

1 Like

First I’ve seen of Charlotte since… Silhouette-chan. I stand by my earlier tweet.

Who is that girl he was on a date with? o.o He looked sooooo dere!

The song in this video wasn’t as amazing as the other one, but it’s still pretty great. I think I’ll like this ost. Feels like a nice departure from the standard Key music.

Tari Tari. Shirobako. Go.

So I’ve basically compiled my thoughts on the characters on the Charlotte discussion topic so you can continue there:

As for my thoughts for the PV itself? Music is amazing, and I feel this is gonna be the kind of style we’ll see from ZHIEND. Animation and art is absolutely great and that is one thing I love about P.A. Works. Glasslip was glassshit but god damn was it beautiful.

1 Like

HYPE HYPE!!! The boys and girls actually have lots of Na-Ga style, GJ PA Works!!
And the words match my suspect about the story. They are considered having sick while they have special abilities and monitored by some people. And cruel fate is waiting for them… Already feel sad! ;_;

P.S. Strange, still can’t watch it on Kaza’s regular news page and Youtube page. It shows: This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

But it can be watched on forum. Hmmm…

1 Like

There’s a long story behind that that I will explain in about… 15 minutes :stuck_out_tongue:

It is pretty well done indeed. The more extended music is purely strong and emotional! The moving characters are actually containing lots of Na-Ga spirit. Love it!

GJ on the subs. Grinding out those PVs today.

The way he uses his special ability reminds me of Kotarou in Rewrite!
Of course we still don’t know how Kotarou’s eyes will change when he using his rewrite ability. But the image in this PV matches my imagination to Kotarou!!!

Which means, c’mon Key, next anime should be Rewrite!!! xD

Spoilers :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait… did Kotarou’s eyes change when he rewrote himself? I don’t remember that.

No, because we’re the sight of Kotarou in most of time. But the effects that on the sight every time let me think "hmm… it should be something in his eyes that’s why he can see the ‘aurora’ springing up.

(Rewrite) His eyes don’t do anything when he uses his aurora in the second OP.

1 Like

How to use the spoiler tag?

Just my expectation when the screen having aurora springing up. But of course it could be different in anime display.

[spoiler]Spoiler text here[/spoiler]
1 Like