Fire Emblem

Currently Playing Dark Knight Kingdom, in classic hard mode and it’s quite chalenging honestly, I like it. The missions are diverse and the characters so far are all either good or descent. I already know I’ll get my S bond with camilla, she’s very strong so it’s probably the best matchup for a strenght character. However, there is one thing I must say about this game F**K NINJAS. These piece of shit will ruin your day by breaking your line with swap moves and reducing the def and res of everything they attack down to hell. They are stupidly strong and Hoshido has milions in reserve to throw at you. Fortunately, your archer can upgrade into a bownight, which gets a skill against shurikens. You’ll get your own Ninja in the 12th mission too. However, I’m pretty certain you can do most of the job with your avatar and Camilla from mission 10 onward if it’s done properly. Camilla is nice, Camilla is beautiful, Camilla is sweet. Always remember kids, Onee-chan is there for you. A big sister is all you need…

1 Like

As my friend told me, “Fire Emblem Fates English version: the game where you can kill your family and impregnate your sister but you can’t pet your friends.” It’s beautiful really.

1 Like

It tingles my sweet spot. Sisters are amazing, and the two big sisters of this game are perfect. Not only are they good characters, their personalities are charming in their own way. I’m not even a fan of big giggle bags, but I can’t say no to this:

Now for something more serious. I hate the fact that they removed an entire scene from the game because some people were offended by it. Also, if you’re playing White Knight, I’m 90% certain you can complete the whole game with Ryoma once he joins you. You can abuse some game mechanics to finish the final level (before endgame) in one turn. My friend did it and I must say, the map layout is pretty dumb.

Wait this scene? Because I saw this scene in Birthright chapter 13.

1 Like

It is from birthright. I just thought the image was apropriate.

oh. what was the scene about? also I don’t like that they took out the japanese voices. I liked them in awakening but the option was glitchy

I haven’t played Hoshido yet, but if I recall correctly it’s (pre-fate spoiler)the scene during which you have to fight camilla on your way to Nohr to get revenge for your mother’s death.

Also, I do agree about the voices. Especially during Akua’s song. The english version sounds weird after listening to the japanese one so many times.

I’ve definitely been having a ton of fun with this game. I know this isn’t even close but I tried. (spoilers in case you didn’t want to know the classes or something)

1 Like

Wahey, time to unsub from this topic while I wait 6 months for a PAL release. cries in corner

Gotta agree about the Japanese voices. I’m just playing with none right now; need to go Youtube the Japanese version of the song, haha.

Besides that, I’m loving this game! Already found a wife for my MC; he and she work great together on the battlefield. Got them promoted, too. So far, Birthright is proving fairly easy, which is fine. I need to learn the intricacies of classes and progression and stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, the voice acting is a bit rough at times. Even Azura’s song has that very typical English Dub feel to it, despite being a nice song.

The first 6 chapters, and the beginning chapters or each path, go very very quickly. I haven’t gotten too far in, but it feels like the pacing has slowed down a bit since then. We’re given some time to get used to the situation at least.

There are a couple problems I have, both of which connect with the messy pacing of the starting chapters. First, the game doesn’t feel like a big conflict as Awakening did. Maybe it’s due to the removal of the map screen, or maybe it’s how quickly events transpire… Whatever it is, I don’t feel as invested in the countries of this realm as I did with somewhere like Akaneia. This has a weird effect on the atmosphere of the game too… I’m not really getting it. Maybe I need to warm up to the soundtrack or something.

The avatar’s position in the world is pretty strange too. He’s supposed to be this sheltered kid, but, at least in the Hoshido side of it all, he takes up a leader position and gets by fine. It’s not like Robin where you start weak and become stronger as you move out from under Chrom’s shadow. Corrin’s personality doesn’t match what I expected from the first few chapters. This all might be fine to me eventually, but for now, it certainly feels strange.

The important stuff though is almost all there. Lots of couples to ship. There’s a cool castle to design, you can interact with more characters between missions than in Awakening, and there’s some new interesting weapons and classes this time around. Avatar customization was a bit lacking, but you can’t get it all right.

1 Like

Well I just finished Birthright. People said it was easy because you could grind on random levels so I tried to not do that except for doing a few paralogues. The beginning was ok, the middle was a little rough, the mid-late game was super easy, but the end was pretty hard although I didn’t actually need restart on the last chapter. I just bought Conquest so I’m starting on that now.

1 Like

Yup, I over-leveled my MC super hard, so now it’s pretty much just MC + S rank + Azura doing the missions alone. It’ll be interesting to see how Conquest’s gameplay differs.

Pretty much the same haha. I heard Revelations will have a ton of characters; I’m already seeing way to many troops to manage now; gonna get really hard by the end.

Unless you’re playing without reloading. Then you’ll probably lose enough troops to attrition that you won’t need to worry haha

I’ll try one such run after I get more used to the mechanics and class evolutions.

Yes I need more diversity. In my birthright team I ended up with the 4 kinshi knights which made bow wielders a really annoying problem

I really love swords. Like, a lot. If I had an Origin, it might just be Swords. So my frontline is always comprised of swordsmen supported by healers and archers. Though I usually deploy my most mobile units on the flank for encirclement; all my flying units are naginata wielders, so it somewhat balances out.

But I don’t use any blunt instruments, so I can’t do much hard-countering to naginata troops besides archers. And they’re vulnerable.

Well, that’s why my swordsmen also have lots of health and good support, lol.

This is complete bullsht how the fck is chapter 8 of conquest harder than the final boss of birthright? This chapter is like impossible wtf? am I doing something wrong?

Chapters 10, 19, and 20 of Conquest are going to make you cry if you’re having problems with chapter 8. 19 is especially egregious as there’s not much strategy involved and it basically comes down to an RNG check, but my general strategy for chapter 8 was this:

Ignore the dragon veins completely, and ignore most of the towns. You get extra xp for killing the units that pour out anyway. Don’t even touch the left side of the map until towards the end because otherwise the freeze staff and the units that come out of the towns will just fuck you up. Starting by moving to the right and then up, draw the enemy units out with someone that can either tank or dodge hits (for me this was MU), and just slowly pick them off until the right side clear. When Odin and Niles come in, just have them join up with the bulk of your group as quickly as possible. After I cleared out the right side, I used MU and Jakob to clear out the top left save for the boss unit, and everyone else to clear out the bottom left.

Keep in mind that there’s not a turn limit, so there’s no need to rush anything. Keep your units topped off with heals, and move them as one group, slowly clearing each section of the map. Draw enemies out with your strongest units, then just have your group swarm them. Heal everyone up, rinse and repeat.

turns out I was doing something wrong. I class changed my avatar too early because I created my avatar as Shizuru with the secondary class of ninja but ninja has no damage output and isn’t very tank so ir basically made it so I had one less character in my tea. especially since I wasnt even able to level her up to get the skills cuz she was already over leveled from earlier chapters. So I tried with the default class and it was way easier. I beat the chapter before you actually posted so here’s what I actually ended up doing.

Step 1: rush left, take out the mages and try to get avatar to 50% or less hp to proc silas’ skill.
I was really afraid someone was gonna freeze me so by moving a bunch of your units into the zone, I think she targets the one with the lowest avoid which was Arthur I think.

Step 2: Silas can actually run to both of the left villages as long as he isn’t stopped by someone

Step 3: Chill (heh) knowing that you already got 3 villages and slowly bait units as normal

I just got to chapter 10 now and well… this is gonna be fun…

I don’t really remember what I specifically did for Chapter 10, but it was quite the struggle and I had to restart several times.

I do remember that I used Odin to man the fire orb thing on the left side, as well as to defend the left until Takumi dries the river up. I used Jakob (paired up with Arthur) and Nyx to defend the left wall next to the ballista, and Effie/MU to defend the right wall that all the club users like to come up. I also used Silas to talk to the town towards the top and to kill the two archers that come up for the ballista on the top right. When Camilla and crew come in, I generally just used Camilla to kill the fliers (you can put her in pretty dangerous situations beyond the wall and she’ll live, just don’t have her take on Oboro’s group by herself).

After Takumi dries the river up is when things will start going wrong every time, and I don’t really remember what strategy I specifically used after he does so. I’m starting another conquest playthrough with a male MU, so I’ll see when I get back to 10.