Fire Emblem

It does have very loose ties to (minor If spoilers) Awakening. You totally don’t need to have played it, though.

1 Like

For people who have played Radiant Dawn…
Is Sothe a Jagen unit? Or does he stay somewhat good throughout the entire game?

I think so… but I forgot. I haven’t played in a really long time. All I remember is that tier 3 units are OP AS F*CK and I used gatrie a lot.

He can pick locks for free, that sums up the good part of him. He starts off weak and is unable to promote so his skill always stay low. You’re better off with the other thief.

Edit: Actually, that’s in path of radiance. But yeah, he’s still an XP vacuum in Radiant Dawn, don’t use him, just keep him in a corner and level up better units. Volke is just way better and he starts up as an assasin which is great. However, you could probably go through most of the game only with Ike and Titania, it is a challenging game, but there are some amazing characters, so you can take it easy if you level up your team properly.

He’s your Jagen but he’s not a very good one. If you’re still playing on Hard mode (You were the one playing Radiant Dawn Hard mode, right?) you’ll have to make use of him to get by, most likely. When Volke eventually joins up you’ll find him better. Looking at it now, @DMB said all of that, though, didn’t he?

So yeah, if you’re playing on Hard you’ll get some use out of him, but otherwise there’s not much of a point. If it’s Normal/Easy you can pretty much just use whoever.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m still doing the hard mode. However, I haven’t gotten very far due to being busy with school (I’m on chapter 7 or 8).
Does Volke charge money for picking locks in Radiant Dawn as well?

1 Like

I believe he does, but because of the ridiculous amount of money available in the game, it should not be a problem really.

True XD
In every FE game I’m always super frugal and wanting to save my money for “when I’ll actually need it” and then I end up never using it.

1 Like

I’ve got that problem as well. With money and with the items such as Dragon shields, and stuff like that, never using them. I got better with time though, and I try to use them, but I always feel like I should wait for a better opportunity, ahah. Same thing with legendary weapons, because they’ll definitely be useful later, so might as well store them for now right? *wink, wink

1 Like

With items that boost stats, I’m like “I’ve got to save them for my weak units… but how will I know which ones are the most weak until I reach their max level?” and so I wait and then the game ends and I realize I didn’t use the items after all.
In Awakening I never use the legendary weapons. Ragnell shouldn’t be allowed to break.

1 Like

I only use them for team battles and on my spot pass team.
Would you like to do some awakening team battle?
I like awakening team battles!

I would like to, but I can’t because I was borrowing my copy from the library. My brother owns Awakening now but he won’t let me borrow it :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of team battles, how does one beat the Army of Shadows (I think that’s what the hardest level was called)?

1 Like

You need a hardass team and an hardass friend, I managed it with my friend, but I never wish to do it again for it is a terrifying experience (not as bad as lunatic mode but still or the infamous DLC map called Apotheosis, but still)

If you ever need someone to beat it, the team I have right now may be able to pull it off, but it is not a perfect breed like my first play through (I don’t have this file anymore).

1 Like

OH MAN army of shadows was hella funny. I played with my friend and we won because counter OP lol. I’m not sure what we actually did but I remember having sol and counter on Nah. Also 100% blocks was pretty funny. The entombed would use astra but if first hit is blocked then all hits are blocked. I remember that entombed take absolutely FOREVER to hit and because its a co-op game you can’t fast forward so we were just laughing the entire time.

Edit: you can do team battles online? I thought it was just nearby people.

1 Like

So was anyone else able to pre-order the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition? Those things are selling out rather quickly, and are going in and out of stock at random times.

It’s definitely a game I want digital, so I’m holding out :stuck_out_tongue:

I forgot that I have no money anymore because I’m buying clannad…

2 Likes

Fire emblem fates just came out in the US so I downloaded Birthright. So now it’s time for me to do a casual normal normal hard mode run. I’m restricting myself to no grind missions because people said birthright was easy or something. What about everyone else? Who has/is getting fates soon?

1 Like

I pre-ordered the Special Edition, but because Best Buy wasn’t able to ship them out before the release day, I’ll have to wait until Tuesday at the latest to play it. I hope it arrives tomorrow, even though it’s probably not going to.

I’m hoping to get a 3DS for my birthday in April, and maybe then I will be able to play Fates~
Either that, or I convince my brother to buy it :stuck_out_tongue: