Fire Emblem

I’ve only completed FE: Awakening, and have yet to finish Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken. Some of the older FE games intimidate me because of some old, more complex attributes of gameplay. Are there any old FE games that a basic player such as I could easily get in to?

When you say older I assume you mean pre-FE7 then? To be honest, not really. Fire Emblem 1 and 3 are very basic in their gameplay, so those wouldn’t be hard to play, but they’d feel like a step back from what you’re used to. The remakes help them feel more modern, but they only go so far (plus a lot of people dislike the graphics).

FE4 is pretty unforgiving (no trading, massive fights and map), but honestly I’d just try and dive into it. Personally I think it’s got amazingly fun gameplay, and I don’t remember it being terribly difficult early on, so you could probably ease into it. It’s really got its own thing going on, so you just need to try it out. It’s got marriage and a second generation, which should feel familiar to you as an Awakening player, so that’s something.

FE5… well, finish FE4 first, then move on to this.

Anyways, yeah, my advice is that if there’s a game you want to play you should just dive right in. Unless it’s FE5. If it’s FE5, play FE4 first, then you’re golden. For everything else, being comfortable with the GBA Fire Emblem games should give you a really solid base to move around on.

1 Like

If it means anything, FE11 and 12 are remakes of 1 and 3.

Let’s see. I’ve started Geneology (loved what I’ve played so far), started 7, finished Sacred Stones first, started Path of Radiance, finished Radiant Dawn, played most of 11 but got bored, and played 13 several times, at the end of my Lunatic run at the moment.

I plan to finish all the ones I started, but picking one to play is an ordeal itself :stuck_out_tongue:

My favourite? I haven’t finished Geneology and Path of Radiance yet, so my vote goes to Radiant Dawn. Love the characters, gameplay and story.

1 Like

Quick question for you guys, what are your thoughts about the Fire Emblem X Shin Megami game that’s coming. I know there is basically two groups, those who are hyped and those who already hate it with almost no one in the zone between. So, what do you guys think?

I wouldn’t consider it a Fire Emblem game; it’s a Shin Megami Tensei game that borrows the likeness of some popular Fire Emblem characters (if only barely). I have no interest in the SMT series, so eh, I’m indifferent :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s pretty much just SMT with FE characters as the demons, right? It’ll probably interest some people.
If it was 3DS, I might think of buying it, but it’s Wii U unfortunately.

It’s pretty much a Persona game with vague cameos of Fire Emblem characters. I have yet to actually see someone hyped about i. I’m pretty indifferent about it.

Fire Emblem is probably my favorite game series. I’ve played all of the English games except for Shadow Dragon I think. My favorite is probably FE7 or FEA.

Also kinda off topic, when I watched Little Busters Refrain for the first time at the end I was just thinking “ANYTHING CAN CHANGE” -Chrom. I have no idea if anyone else thought the same. But anyways, I’m not sure if that spoiler was really needed because I’m new here…

Was it confusing to play Radiant Dawn before Path of Radiance?
Playing through FE9 again after having completed FE9 and FE10 previously, I just now realize how much foreshadowing is in the game.

@DMB I don’t know anything about SMT so I haven’t been paying attention to the crossover ^^"

Riki wakes up
TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!
Cue the seat-moving montage

3 Likes

Radiant Dawn is very good at establishing enough backstory for the new player to fully understand what’s going on. But it is very interesting to see little Ike after seeing what he becomes in Radiant Dawn :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that an EX reference lmao

1 Like

As far as i know it became a common saying because of Sumer Smash Brothers 4.

I finished Path of Radiance yesterday and I’m starting Radiant Dawn again.
I chose hard mode and I regret it already x_x
And when I tried to transfer my data from FE9 my wii made a strange buzzing noise and the game froze.

The first thing I noticed is how different Sothe looks. His hair changed for the better, but I will never forgive the belly shirt.
And I never realized how weak Micaiah is at the beginning.

You may well know this already, but the English hard mode in Radiant Dawn is the Japanese maniac mode. Basicially it’s super amped (as I’m sure you can tell). Good luck, though! You might find yourself needing some.

Chicks dig belly shirts apparently, so Sothe has that going for him.

I didn’t know that actually. My regret has been fueled further now.

well this chick doesn’t dig belly shirts The only one for Sothe is the father of Sothe’s children, Ike.

It’s what Robin says during some critical hits. and like @DMB says it got popular from smash 4

1 Like

Guys please I know what the phrase is from, this is a Fire Emblem topic ‘_’

2 Likes

Oh I thought you might be forgotten because really anyone can forget. Anyways… Fire Emblem If/Fates… I already know I’m gonna get it but as far as I can see they did some really weird stuff with it…

Anyone know if Fire Emblem If/Fates has backstory in other games, or if it’s a whole new land? Trying to think whether I should try and play other games to get necessary backstory or not.