Dreams

Last night I had a dream where Angel Beats! VN is fully complete and released.
And what made me reminds about that dream the most is…
the VN includes full yaoi route. Yep you read that right. We can go homo to any male leads too. Which is nice. Very nice.

I remembered playing Naoi’s route and it includes semi-nude Naoi lol (Not that we don’t have semi-nude guys in the current release. We do have a lot nude Hinata and Matsushita and Noda and Takamatsu.)

My guess, the cause of this dream is probably because I am hyped for AB! 1st beat (which I haven’t obtained yet) and yesterday was a HUGE day for LGBT (I saw rainbows. Never been so much before in my entire life)

2 Likes

I generally don’t post in this topic because I rarely ever remember my dreams, and when I do, they’re usually not interesting enough to post (mostly it’s me doing normal, everyday things like buying donuts or whatever).

Last night’s dream was pretty interesting. I was en-route to the USA to present a paper in a conference (I know it’s a dream already, heh). However, upon reaching immigration, just as I was about to hand in my passport, I realized that I hadn’t yet applied for a US visa. It was a bit unnerving, to say the least.

I either don’t dream or dream about stupid things.
I even had a dream about my sister cutting a watermelon…
But I believe even that dream has a deep meaning thinks deeply

I can still recall to this day one of my few lucid dreams I’ve had.
It was about 10 years ago, I was staying the night at my friend’s house on a weekend.

I dreamed I was in my middle school auditorium, the roof of the building ripped off and a massive thunderstorm was occuring. I was on the stage holding a rather large claymore with both hands, and staring down a Blue-Eyes White Dragon (yes, you read that correctly.)

As soon as I became aware of the situation I knew it had to be a dream, such a situation could not exist. So I made the best of my limited time and did epic combat with a friggin’ large dragon. It was pretty awesome.

1 Like

The only lucid dream experience I had went really badly. It was pretty normal, and when I realized I could control it I was ecstatic. The first thing I wanted to do was go flying, so I took off the ground and started soaring… for a few seconds before I planted head first into the ground and woke up with my dreams self’s apparent death.

The first half of today’s dream was partly a cinematic exposition dump, and partly a Kingdom Hearts-esque gauntlet of battles. I can’t remember what I was fighting, but they all had a backstory regarding the rulers of a village and a secret book that sealed them away. I think there was even a puzzle level thrown in for no reason. (This kind of dream happens more often than not, actually. XD )

The second half felt like a church meeting, only there was a lot of noise coming from outside the classroom. There were kids both grabbing and passing out candy and plush dolls while the lesson was being taught. After the lesson, I left for the gym and saw that a dance activity was being set up. There were all kinds of sugary treats, some of which I was quite familiar with and some I had never seen before. The music for the dance was all slow, being played on this oversized chrome record player. I left the dance for all the sugar which I knew was going to harm me in the long run, and the last thing I remember is a brown-skinned girl asking me to kiss her, again for no reason. I refused and turned back to the sweets table, and my alarm woke me up a few seconds later.

EDIT - July 30th: I had another epic dream set in various locations, such as a baseball field surrounded by a water trench, a school building, a business building with a very comfy lounge, and a secret underground area beneath the business building. I remember fighting things at the baseball field, and going through a sewer tunnel to travel between locations, and playing this action RPG with Japanese and English audio options. The events of the dream itself are kind of a blur, but I remember near the end of the dream that I received a large packet in the mail with a map telling me where I would sit at a religious event of some sort. Next thing I know, I am in a large elevator going down, playing a clarinet and wearing an elegant cloak. As I step out of the elevator, I beheld a large chapel for some sort of cult. It was vaguely pretty. I covered head with the cloak’s hood, and as I struggled to find my seat in the chapel with my mom, I woke up.

EDIT - August 4th: In one of my darkest dreams yet, I was enlisted by Boy Scouts to battle along with several companions, ranging from people I knew from church to my sister to a couple of forum members to even Shizuru and Illya! As we marched to our battlefield, we would sing songs, play small games, even talk with each other about what we would do afterwards.

Then the crap hit the fan. As soon as I heard gunshots, people started dying. I ducked for cover, and made my escape for an underground sewer system. In one of the most heartbreaking moments I’ve ever had in a dream, Shizuru buys me time by tying a grenade around her neck and taking our pursuers with her. But I had no time to mourn, since I had to escape quickly.

I lost a few other members while making it across the underground waterway. Illya drowned in her sleep, for example. By the time I made it back home, @Pepe and I were the only survivors. We were welcomed back with open arms, and some people even made a surprise comeback, such as my sister, but I longed for Shizuru’s return for the rest of the dream. Some people tried to console me, saying that she died so that I might live. It only made me feel even worse.

The rest of the dream was spent wandering around my church building, reflecting on what I could have done to save Shizuru. My father came to pick me up later, and we met my mom amidst some gang fights that were happening outside. The dream ended with a shot of a boy looking out the window towards me and my family, fading to white as if rolling the credits.

2 Likes

That has so much more impact after knowing and connecting it to Shizuru’s own route :frowning: Perhaps that dream was good in that it made you felt what Shizuru herself was feeling

But I’m glad to have been with you until the end, heh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I forgot to write this, but actually I had a dream about Charlotte the night before episode 5 aired.
It was kinda insignificant, but after episode 6, I feel that it might be lol.

The story starts with time-skip. Suddenly Takajo and Tomori are already grown up, around in their 20s. They were riding a convertible, heading to someone’s grave as they dearly discussing about the people who had already passed away. And it’s Yuu’s grave. And Yuu was meant to be decoy protagonist and the real protag is actually Takajo all along! And the main pairing is actually Takajo and Tomori!

Now I remember that I didn’t want to share this one because it’s so ridiculous.

2 Likes

I dreamed last night that I was running a marathon while eating donuts around a gymnasium set up to look like a racetrack. There was a DJ playing music in the background, TVs showing live camera feed of the event, and I heard people panting and talking casually while I ran. After a while, I heard my mother calling for help, and I came to help her with an unexpected childbirth. The lights conveniently went out during the process, and I tearfully held in my hands a baby girl, whom I cannot remember the name of. As I left the gym with my family, I realized I forgot some things (namely my donuts, my Kindle and several other miscellaneous things I thought were worth bringing for some reason) and went back inside.

Next thing I know, monsters attack the school and everything became a weird cross between Lord of the Rings, Fire Emblem and the 1960’s. Four companions attack the monsters pillaging the school with medieval weapons, breaking into the music room and deciding to form a Beatles knockoff band. There were also some top-down dungeon-crawling Zelda-style segments with narration in-between. (My brain seems to really like seeing those in dreams, apparently.) ._.

My dreams are always really, really mundane. Like I remember one where I was having maths class in a computer lab, and my teacher told me to go get textbooks. So I did. That was the dream.

Any dream with best girl in it is a good dream though, but it’s only happened twice.

1 Like

I normally don’t remember my dreams, but a couple of days ago I had a dream I still remeber that was no fun at all. I was in my basement (where my room is) and I heard noises upstairs so I went to check what was going on, but instead of finding the upstairs, everything was a void exept for a black cloud that was very large. somehow it was distinguishable from the black void around. After that I don’t remember if the black cloud swallowed me or if the dream just stopped, but it’s all black.

AWW YIS, I GOT A KEY DREAM.

I got me a NaoNao. She was really well written, because unlike Maeda my brain knows how to god damn write characters.

And she was QT AS FUQ.

In short, I got to see and vividly experience NaoNao dere(With a proper transition into it of course, I wouldn’t accept her just being dere from the get go), maybe if you guys are lucky, you’ll also get to see it in a few weeks if Charlotte is good!

4 Likes

I sometimes wonder how much control I have over my dreams, since I tend to be just going along for the ride. Today’s dream started with a brief glimpse into an interesting action RPG that I can’t remember the details of. I woke up after that and pitched the idea to my mom, and she really liked it. The ARPG I pitched felt slightly different from the one I saw in my dream, but I guess that’s to be expected. I broke my upper front teeth soon after and my father started taking me over to the dentist. I was the first to notice that there were three moons outside, with varying degrees of distance from the Earth. The closest moon turned into something bizarre and tried to assimilate me, but I quickly hurried into the car to escape. My father drove me to what looked more like a luxurious lounge than a dentist’s office, and my father bought some chips for himself. I remember a reasonably-large crowd of people being there for a similar purpose. It’s at that point that I woke up.

I’ve experienced sleep paralysis 4 times, and I would go so far as to say it is the most terrifying thing I’ve ever experienced. The first time it happened to me, I saw a shadowy figure walking toward me from the corner of my room. I closed my eyes, and then I “heard” my door open and my dad asking if I was alright and touching my shoulder. I was so scary I couldn’t fall asleep the next day because I didn’t want to wake up at 3 am and experience it again.

Anyway, as for dreams, I never dream about things I want to dream about. Usually I have nightmares and I am almost always running away or hiding from something.
However, I have had a FEW dreams with characters from things.

1. Muarim and Sothe from Fire Emblem
  2. Hikaru and Koaru from Ouran High School
  3. Haru and Makoto from Free!

In the first dream, I was at school and Muarim randomly walked in with Sothe and started swearing and my teacher was like “No swearing in the classroom” and Muarim was like “But you beorc do it all the time” and I was like “Sassy Muarim is sassy.”

In the second dream, I was running from someone through this cathedral thing. Suddenly, the cathedral morphed into a basketball court and I was jumping up to shoot the ball and Kaoru and Hikaru were my opponents. This dream seriously came out of nowhere because I haven’t seen OHSHC for a few years and I never play basketball.

In the third dream, I saw Haru as a merman swimming through a cove, and later I saw him as a human with Makoto while I was walking through a stadium that may or may not have been in Seaworld.

Dreams have played great role in Key universe. Kanon, Air, CLANNAD, Little Busters! as well as Angel Beats!, Rewrite and Charlotte too.

But I always scratch my head about how dream usually shown in fiction. Personally I never had a dream about exact happenings in the past, but in fiction they usually show dream as a reminder of something in the past. I do think it’s weird since it never actually happened to me.

So, have you ever dreamed about the past? The exact ones, like it’s showing the recording of your life?

1 Like

I have never dreamed of the past. My past is pretty boring to begin with, and filled with very mundane events, so I have very few strong memories to influence my dreams. Now that I think about it, my dreams have never even related to anything going on in my life to begin with.

To be honest, sometimes I dream about mundane stuff and then it happens, but apparently that’s just normal phenomenon where your brain reads an image you see as a memory and makes you think it was from a dream.

but dreaming of the past? Never happened to me.

My dreams never have to do with things going on in my life either. It’s more common for me to dream about people going on in my life.

Also, I’ve never dreamed of the past. I often have dreams similar to dreams I’ve had in the past, though.

I don’t think my dreams have a time really, it is more just memories mostly new but some old and “generated/random memories” sort of mixed together.

Oh yeah since I am here when I was on a trip with my bro and he caught me sleep talking about angel beats lol. I don’t remember much about the dream but it is odd because It was like a dream about discussing angel beats with my brother… It was almost like I knew he was there… weird… It was right before the vn came out I believe. I guess since I hadn’t seen him in awhile he was on my mind as well as AB coming out soon. I have quite a lot of video game (vns included) dreams it seems, but pretty much never anime dreams…

It never happend to me that I wake up in the middle of the night with sleep paralysis. But it happens when I try to fall asleep. I’m not counting but I think overall it happens 3-4 times a month. For 2 or 3 years now. And everytime I try to fall asleep lying on my back. Of course I try to avoid that now, so I don’t know if it would still happen.
It’s not as terrifying as the first few times anymore but it’s still pretty bad. Even when I clearly know what happens in the moment it’s damn spooky.
And waking up is sometimes really hard. Most of the time its enough to wake up completly when I move some fingers. But I also had times where I clearly thought I’m moving my fingers but I couldn’t wake up for some time. It’s hard to say how long it actually was.

About dreams… I often have dreams with the same setting or same things happening. It goes so far that I sometimes think ‘wait wait, you know this setting! It totally has to be a dream!’ But as soon as I realize that I will wake up so I don’t have time to mess with anything.

Also I noticed that I dream in English sometimes what didn’t happen before I started reading vn’s and watching anime with eng sub’s about a year ago. Since then It happens that my dreams are in English or sometimes a weird mix between English and German that doesn’t make any sence.

1 Like