Dreams

Behold a dream from my childhood given form.

When I was very little, I had a dream that helped establish me as a car guy. I dreamt of a red vehicle that was more like a swirling mass of color than a car driving around a mountain pass, its engine screaming the whole way like it was being driven to its absolute limits.

I tried drawing this car once before: once when I was in grade school, I made a machine that captured this blurriness, this…snapshot of speed…with swoopy forms and one massive dorsal vertical stabilizer. That design did not last long in its ultimate supercar-style form, as it was more a belly tank lakester with way too much stuff on it and overstated wheel pants (those would be wheel fairings, like the teardrop-shaped ones on some planes’ landing gear).

Now, with all my skills and a wealth of understanding on how cars work and what some concept cars do, this is my retelling of the crimson dream. Armed with a prone pilot-style cockpit that renders the center just a pod that the driver lies in like a motorcycle, it sports two turbines that each drive one of the rear wheels. Its architecture is based on the Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo concept, though I envision it more as a Formula One-style sprint racer than an endurance car. Suffice to say, it’s the most dangerous thing I’ve probably ever (heh, heh) dreamed up, more a roadgoing missile than a car. And that’s just about fair enough, as the dream that stuck with me was more an amorphous red shape racing down a mountain pass than an actual car, like I said.

5 Likes

I had a cute dream tonight :3
Usually when I play VNs a lot, I sometime dream about it. In any case, I dreamt that I was in an abandoned building in an icy wasteland with Kotori, and I had to protect her. We had a close bond after fighting together for a long time. During the day we got supplies and such, and during the night we slept. Kotori got annoyed (In a joking way) that I cuddled up so close to her, but we did this every night, since it was so cold we had to huddle up to keep the warmth. One night, suddenly the lights went out, and we heard a loud crash, even if we were tired we got up, and got ready to fight. Then the dream ended.

It was really realistic, I remember the warmth when I held her body close and how it felt to touch her when we cuddled, and the sound of her breath when she slept. It was cute ^^

3 Likes

That sounds like a nice dream. I sometimes have dreams about being a VN protag too… but then I wake up at the worst (or best) moment :cry:

1 Like

The other day, I dreamed Khsellhu sent me a friend request on discord and we agreed to meet up and fuck with IT at school.

I woke up to a friend request from him on Discord.

6 Likes

I haven’t been able to remember a dream in a really long time, but I can remember a few ones.
-A dream where I was in a zombie apocalypse and I dunked myself in porta-potty toilet water, which happened to be the cure to zombification
-A dream where I jumped out the window of my room and my legs stretched down to the ground.(I’m 2 floors above ground level)
-A dream where I’m just in my bed and the room is spinning, yet nothing is moving.
-A dream where I bought a game that I really wanted
-A dream where I was being stalked by the Joker and eventually killed by him
I kinda wish I could remember some more positive or interesting dreams, but that would make the nights even longer.
It’d also be cool to have another lucid dream once in a while.

1 Like

I never see dreams about anime/visual novels which I watch/read. Only once I see a dream about it. It was a dream about refrain ending of LB, because this story impressed me so much.
I usually see dream about travel to different parts of the world due to my love of travel. Also often they about fantasy worlds and other mystical things :ahaha:
And every morning I’m sitting in bed and remember my dream.

2 Likes

I had a kind of short dream today in which I was sitting in discord voice with @Aspirety and @Rin, chatting. Mostly about our current LB! reading experience.
The mostly funny thing is, while I have been on voice with Aspi, I wasn’t with Rin. As such, my head had to fill a gap here, and appearently connected Aspi’s avatar with Rin’s name and avatar, and while @Rin did not end up being Natsume Rin, they still turned out Aspi’s little sister.

A while later in the dream (I obviously don’t remember ALL the details), it seems my brain got aware that I don’t even know what gender @Rin is, and in my dream I was told that they are a boy with a girly voice.

The dream was cut somewhat short by my PC waking me by waking from sleep without reason in the middle of the night, so not much more happened.
Also, dreams are weird :umu:

4 Likes

I’m actually relatively good at remembering dreams. In fact, I’ve got a few… interesting dreams to share.

The earliest dream I can remember was from around when I was 4 years old, a time when I was actually terrified of Nintendo’s mascot, Mario (something about his nose really freaked me out; also, yes, it’s okay to laugh). In short, in the dream, I was hanging out in my grandmother’s bedroom and Mario was hiding under her bed with a giant grin and shifty eyes.

Another dream was from when I was in high school. I was apparently invited to my World History teacher’s wedding, which was taking a place at school. I was also tasked with bringing some food. On my way to the ceremony, I was also being stalked by a giggling Sailor Moon. After I arrived, the dream suddenly turned into a PSA in the style of the original dub of Sailor Moon. Naturally, I was confused by this developed. Then, Sailor Moon returned and told me to “say something to the people watching at home”. I told them to brush their teeth.

A few days ago, I had dream that my mother and I had moved to a house that was infested with thousands of 5-inch ghosts. Even though they didn’t do anything… yet… we couldn’t have them roaming around free, so we decided to eliminate them. The way we did it was by grabbing them and filling them up with water like balloons until they exploded. Interestingly, in the dream the ghosts felt like rubber gloves after filling them with water. After killing all of the ghosts in the main floor, including their leader, King Boo, I was going to look for more ghosts in the attic, but that’s where the dream ended.

Finally, there was last night’s dream, where I was actually a member of Guardian. Unfortunately, I was mostly assigned solo missions, so neither Lucia or Shizuru showed up :sad:. Anyway, my missions in the dream were mostly the “find the mcguffin/fight the god monster of the week” type of missions. Apparently, one of the mcguffins I had to find in a previous mission was the Green Shell from Mario Kart. I also had excellent combat skills in the dream. The current mission I was on had me looking for two mcguffins: a yoga ball and a key (not Kagari, an actual key) that had the ability to control time and were a highly talked about subjects in Fine Arts college programs for some reason. I had found the key, which gave me the ability to freeze time and let me climb walls like Spider-Man. There was also an evil gang led by Brenda McFarden that was also trying to find the key and yoga ball. I was fighting one of the members when the dream ended.

5 Likes

I don’t remember much of my dreams but here is one that i remembered.

I was in a pacman like maze and voice said to me that i had to get to the person(not gonna specify who it was but it was someone i cared about and no it wasn’t a girl) that was on the other side before he is killed by the monsters. Now i was still a kid (12-13 year old) and i just started to play games on NES so i was pretty agitated when i heard that there were real monsters.

So i ran for about 1 hour or 2 hours (don’t remember the exact time but it felt really long) dodging creepy monsters,sometimes turning away, sometimes jumping over their head. The fact that i couldn’t get tired no matter how much i run was something that was good in this dream.

So after dodging who knows how many monsters i finally saw the person, he was just a few meters away from. I started running full speed but just as i reached him the ground disappeared and some stairs appeared (my houses stairs). I couldn’t stop and launched my self from the top. Now i expected to fall straight right on my head but for some reason i was floating slowly in the air, i was still going down. It was a creepy feeling, i felt cold and couldn’t move any of my limbs.

When i finally reached the bottom of stairs. My head crashed to the ground and i woke right up, sweating profusely.

Well this was more like a nightmare. I know it’s stupid but you know how kids think.

I just had a dream where I was in Ross which is like a discount clothing store. They usually have all kinds of cheap clothes and random accessories and toys and whatever. Anyways, I was looking at the shelves and something caught my eyes. It was a box that said Key Scarf Set. It showed two scarves on the front with really cute designs. One had a chibi Nagisa holding a dango and the other seemed to be Misuzu holding a stegosaurus. I looked at the back side and it 5 scarves in one box and it used to be $13.99 which I thought was cheap as hell. And then I saw another price stamp thing on it that said $4 and I was like OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT. And then my friend came up to me and interrupted me as I was checking it out. Then suddenly I started hearing Tabi play, which was my alarm and I woke up.

4 Likes

Karai is my alarm. Also, I hate Karai now. Please change your ways.

2 Likes

I only used tabi for one instance that I forgot I didn’t actually need. I usually use theme of the sss and I have been for years and I’m still not entirely opposed to it.

(Disclaimer: the source of this image is YourLocalSecurity.com and the article to which I found this can be found on PhillyVoice here ) Please feel free to edit or remove however you see fit.

I tend to have more daydreams than actual dreams, but for about ten minutes I could not get the thought out of my head of wondering how so many people could be anxious of forklifts. This is actual Google search data from a house monitoring service.

Maybe some of us lived charmed lives?

3 Likes

During one of my typical nonsensical dreams, last night I was dreaming about talking to someone when the subject of ‘My Soul, Your Beats’ came up for some reason. I asked if he knew the Girls Dead Monster version which he didn’t so I had to air guitar and make the sounds of the intro…before the dream went back to normal weirdness. How random is that?

3 Likes

Two very bizarre dreams came to me last night.

The first, I was traveling across several different famous stories, both fictional and nonfictional, and had to perform several different tasks to save the world. At the end of the journey, I apparently had go up against Jesus, only it wasn’t Jesus, but rather Christopher Walken pretending to be Jesus. While we were battling, I woke up and the dream ended.

After I went back to sleep, I dreamed that I was hanging out with a random new acquaintance, but decided to not pursue an actual friendship. Then my mother scolded me to start hanging out with this acquaintance. Skip ahead a few years into the dream, this guy had gotten us into a situation identical to the breakfast scene in Pulp Fiction. Before Samuel Jackson was able to kill me, I woke up.

1 Like

Last night I had a pretty uncomfortable dream where I was driving around my home town after a big snowstorm trying to get somewhere important but the lay out of the roads and buildings weren’t were they should be and I couldn’t get were ever I was supposed to go and then woke up sweating and that is all I can remember.

1 Like

i had a fucking weird dream today.
Me and donald trump were sitting around a camp fire and were talking about how people are evil.
It was fucking weird, having a serious conversation like that.
I’m questioning my sanity after having a dream like that.

2 Likes

Dude, that is literally the same dream I had a few years ago. Only instead of Trump, it was Satan, and we were having this conversation at Hot Topic of all places.

1 Like

To be fair, I have daydreams about whether Trumpf would visit where I work (they are completely nightmares and anxious thoughts who are we kidding here) but it’s not possible.

There isn’t much to say on the nighttime dreams though - don’t really have or remember my dreams or nightmares anymore. Still, I remember wanting to meet or date one of my best friends again though (it’s been all meet in the past few months though). It’s hard because we live in different countries and neither of our situations are ideal, and I think it would be better if my friend visited the US and traveled around here then have me going to Spain.

1 Like

Recently I have not dreamed much …
but I will share with you a dream worthy of a good story
A while ago I dreamed that this in an anime event with my friends, but a killer I remember her for her hair and black dress.
She came from the future to kill me.
but my friends and I ran and found a portal, in case for the future.
me and some friends we ended up going to the future 2035, well when we realized soon we made a rule
We will not seek to know our future.
well I remember little, but I know I broke that rule.
for always being sad, a little lonely in case you miss a girlfriend of a real love.
I wanted to know how I was in the future.
So in a part of the dream I separated myself from my friends, “How did you do to know about your future?”
I went to a lan house and researched my facebook.
I remember that I cried when I saw sadly I did not see, what I saw in my dream, the part that I woke up I was running away from the woman with my friends in a fusca http://prntscr.com/iiizcd nobody knew how to drive this part was very funny.
well after that my alarm clock rang it was time to go to school.
That was my dream.
AND ALSO AND THE FIRST MADE THAT I DO SOMETHING THERE HERE (I HAVE ACCOUNTED TO REGISTER).
So hi, I’m Pedro. ^^

1 Like