Community Event Idea Topic

“Probably” so yeah you are

2 Likes

I just assumed that the Friday would be less busy (because of work and stuff). It’d be cool to meet Taka and Kanon so here’s hoping they can make it.

You should drag @Rincchi along as well!

1 Like

Well, I’m going on the Saturday, full day, probably cosplaying Hajime from Hamatora if I manage to get it all prepared in time x.x

Bumping up this topic, because I’ve just discovered a game that I think would be an amazing experience playing with you guys. It’s called “Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes” http://www.keeptalkinggame.com/

The premise is that there is one player, who has control over a bomb which will explode, and must figure out a way to defuse it. However, the only ideas he can get are from the other players, who are reading off a Bomb Manual which teaches the player how to defuse it. The only rule is that it must all be done via voice; the players who hold the manual shouldn’t be able to see the bomb, and the player who controls the bomb shouldn’t be able to see the manual.

The catch with this is, yes, it costs money. $15 approximately. However only the players who wish to control the bomb have to buy the game. The other players, who read off the manual and instruct the bomb holder, can acquire the manual for free.

What do you guys think? Probably I (or someone else) can pick up the game and try it out with other people, but organizing an event would be a good way to get more players online at the same time.

4 Likes

that sounds amusing to be honest XD Why does it cost $15 though?

Because it’s a game on steam where you control a bomb and looks pretty neat

Here’s a bit of gameplay, looks really stressful^^

It is indeed quite stressful @_@ I was playing earlier with @HeliosAlpha, @IkaCZ, and @Aspirety and maaan it’s harder than it looks!

Either way, I think I still would like to push through with this. Could I get a show of hands of people who have either
A) Bought the game; or
B) Haven’t bought the game but are willing to participate as experts

If we can get the interest of like 7 people (maximum amount of players) then we can start organizing a time we could get together and even more people can join in :smiley:

1 Like

I’d play, and I might even consider buying the game after i try it out with you guys~

1 Like

Can do, and have done, both.

It sounds pretty fun. If time zones allow it I might join in, at least as an expert at first, then I might buy the game if I like it.

^ I’m game.

Bought. I’m down for this sometime. Hopefully it has enough variation.

1 Like

I think it will be a really good thing.
First, be like me - dont have enough money but still can participate by being expert (I was really bad at first) and still have loads of fun
Second - profit either way cuz you dont really have to own the game.
Easy stuff.
I might buy it when I get my money at the end of this month tho :p.

And that makes 7! I guess we should organize a time that’s good for a good portion of the people hmm… I was thinking something along the lines of Sunday 1pm UTC?

Of course this doesn’t mean the event is limited to the previous people; everyone can still join in!

So 7pm Sat CDT? Yeah I can do that.

isnt UTC 5 hours ahead of CDT so then wouldnt it be 8am for you and 6am for me?

Oh duuuuuuuuurp I mixed my am/pms. It’d be 8am CDT, yeah.

i guess i wont be participating