Community Event Idea Topic

Something I personally would like to do is set up a few scheduled events where people of the Key community would be able to get together and do things other than just talking with each other. This could range from anything like playing an online game together to just setting up a time for people to get together and watch some anime. (Ideally, I think having someone stream it for everyone else would work best, but we could always make due with whatever’s available.)

As for actually setting things up, my first idea would be to play osu (http://osu.ppy.sh/) since it’s free, easy to get into, and has more than enough Key music to keep a group playing for a while. If you’re interested or have any questions go ahead and leave a reply. Maybe even say what times you will be available or drop a few ideas of what we could do; any help would be much appreciated! I’ll be doing what I can to help get things started, but I can’t do it alone, so I need some input from you guys. With any luck, we might be able to get a couple events set up in the next few weeks.

2 Likes

I like the way @AngelofDeath720 thinks.

1 Like

Karaoke! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m down for osu. Used to play that a lot when I had my laptop. As long as we don’t play Insane I should be ok.

Clearly the only option is drunk dramatic readings of Key H-scenes streamed.

6 Likes

Here I am thinking of a battle rankings for Osu where we face off to move up the ladder and give the loser a title.

While I think a battle rankings for Osu would be really fun, in my experience with online matches in that game there are always a few people that consistently win songs because they play more; so I think that might be an idea to save for something that would be better suited for a competition. Also, @Kanon That’s such a great idea, but I think we’d have problems finding people willing enough to do it… It would be absolutely hilarious if we could do it though!

Anyway, I’d like to get a few more people to agree before we start planning anything solid, but it seems like you guys are alright with Osu as our first event, right?

Umu. An Osu night sounds most enjoyable.

Wouldn’t be my first time doing it. Hell, I’ve done it sober.

Course, I no longer have a working Mic so I’m out /D

Osu night sounds fine by me. I need to brush up on my skills there, I haven’t touched it much since I finally got a DDR pad~

So if @Kanon and @Aki join, that’s 6… I think that would be enough for a test run community event… When do you guys want to shoot for? (next weekend? the weekend after? a month from now?) Also, I threw up the idea of starting with a set list so people could download and practice most of the songs beforehand; does that sound like a good idea or a waste of effort?

I heavens no I can’t join, I’ve never even touched the thing in my life /D

I also can’t play Osu D:

I’m down for drunk scene reading though

I used to play Osu!, but stuff started breaking from the energy of it all~ Ahaha… ^^;

I’m down for most events about Writing, Music, or Art~ ^^

Part of the reason I chose Osu is because new people can play it and have just as much fun, if not more, than people that have been playing it for years. That said, I’m perfectly fine if you guys just don’t want to play, but you never know how much fun you can have until you try it out…

Also, thanks @Takafumi for offering to join! Do you have any ideas as to what you would like to see us do in regards to your “Writing, Music, or Art?”

Side note: that’s 3 votes for drunken scene reading… I think we could pull it off (or something close), but we should probably have more of an idea than just “live-streaming people reading H scenes while drunk.” thoughts?

This topic is currently the topic that hasn’t been posted in for the longest time. Well I’m about to change that! :stuck_out_tongue:

So yeah, @Aspirety did suggest a 100% Orange Juice community event back then and we all tried playing around with it, so I was wondering if there were any plans to formalize this community event. Sure, we can just start playing it when people happen to be available, but I guess it would be a nice way to have people that aren’t so active on the chat to join in.

We haven’t had a community event in ages either, so I guess it’s about due time, eh?

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to set up a boardgame-online event, but people won’t play any board games that aren’t Orange Juice right now… so get on it!

As it stands, the book club looks to be doing exactly what a formal community event would try to accomplish. From what I understand, the regulars of this forum are already engaging in almost daily social activities with each other, so the only realistic goal left for an event would be to bring more people into that circle of regulars. Combined between the book club and podcast recordings, I think we already have a pretty steady influx of new faces wanting to join that circle.

“Formal community event” in this sense means an organized date and time in which people with gather together to play a game or do something else entertaining. The podcast and the bookclub are official, and these events are run by the community.

1 Like

I was just about to ask that and Im happy you did.
I am so in for the 100% orange juice event and I think everyone will have a lot of fun. After all this is more of RNG fun game to play with friends and have fun, and I think a lot of people will enjoy it even just looking at it :3.

2 Likes