Community Event Idea Topic

It’s of course not up to me what the site deams legally risky. So I’ll leave that threshold to them. But I always thought streaming a show to a fairly small group with livestream or a similar service was well within Fair Use, since it’s only up for the duration of the streaming and only shown to a small audience no bigger than a group of friends at a party. However I doubt I’d want to take that risk if skype-synced viewing is safer and accomplishes the same thing with much higher quality videos. :slight_smile:

The point stands though. We should try to find a time where a lot of us can get on. Or just have multiple times slotted off.

1 Like

We often use this when we wanna watch Youtube videos together: http://taima.tv/r/kazamatsuri

Adventures of a Dinasour mini event was the best tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Such a masterpiece, we shoul do something like that more hue.

3 Likes

SHUT UP I TRIED OKAY? :frowning:

We should just come together and do some anime shitposting!

1 Like

This can just be reiterated, shitposting is a thing that has been brought up before, and what aspi said earlier basically is what he would say again.

Hey, I was thinking that we could try for movie nights. I wont say anime nights because then we would have to stop the anime halfway through and that could be an issue if people cant be there for the next anime night. If instead of animes we either do anime movies, or just regular movies it should work out fine. I just think it could be something fun that the whole community can partake in.

4 Likes

[quote=“raiyan, post:87, topic:69”]
If instead of animes we either do anime movies, or just regular movies it should work out fine. I just think it could be something fun that the whole community can partake in.
[/quote]I’m with you on this one. I’d love to watch some Studio Ghibli films, Makoto Shinkai films, or even the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya with you guys. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anything would work. They way that I see it going down (not saying that it has to go down like this) is every week from Monday to Thursday we pick a movie to watch. We then discuss/vote what day and time would be best for the majority to watch it and then follow through. If you or anyone has any different ideas on how it could be organized then please go ahead and post it.

1 Like

what about some old disney classics for people who haven’t watched yet?

Everything and anything that could be watched in one sitting.

1 Like

I was talking with Aspirety the other day about organizing in-person get-together. Naturally the problem that arises is that Kazamatsuri’s members come from all over the world, so at best only a few people would be able to meet at a given time, likely at a publicized event or convention. However, over the course of several, it stands to reason that a number of the site’s members should be able to meet with one another if they so choose.

For example, for the second straight year I’m helping to organize a get-together for Key fans at Anime North (May 22-24) in Toronto, Canada with the help of Facebook’s two largest CLANNAD fan pages. Last year there was a lot of interest as fans gathered for a photoshoot, met up for meals, and attended various panels and events. This year there appears to be considerable interest as well, which is rather exciting! For those interested, I will be giving a presentation on the history and development of Angel Beats! on the 23rd.

If there’s anyone who happens to be in the area and would like to meet up with myself and other Key fans, I’d love to say hi! For other events, perhaps an editable list could be posted of all the events or conventions we plan on attending so that community members can organize new meet-ups. Just a thought!

Im with you on this one too. And if it gets popular we could do a sequel or something if people like it.

1 Like

I think this is a great idea. Even better than watching a series because as you said it can all be watched in one sitting.
The best way for this to work would probably be for us to have it like once a week or two weeks or month or whatever. We just have a thread where anyone can suggest a movie, and then have people vote with likes (similar to the anime recommendations thing we have going right now).

If @Aspirety gives an OK on this one, I’d be happy to help get this set up. Sounds like ton of fun.

1 Like

Exactly. What i was thinking is from monday to either Wensday or Thursday we have a poll going for what to watch and what day and time would be best for everyone. The only question is how we get everyone to get the movie. Either someone streams it or we all download it.

Right, acquiring is the main obstacle.
Thats why when I did this with another group we only watched one a month to give people time to make sure people had time to get it. Im not sure we need that long because we will be a much smaller group. So maybe like, a week to vote and a week to give everyone time to get the movie?

I guess streaming could work as well, but we would have to have a pretty reliable and sturdy service. Like, Key Radio stutters a ton. Would not be optimal for a whole movie.

I think we should do “kaza watches beta” and then see how it works. We just needs aspis ok and we can start planning.

Anybody want to start suggesting dates for things? I’d be down for a movie night or something to that effect next Saturday.

I think we should wait for Aspi to say its ok for us to do this, but im sure he would have no problem and we can test out our schedule and movie choices then. Just hold of a bit longer :slight_smile:

From what I understand, he doesn’t particularily care either way about events/gatherings; so long as they don’t break any of the site rules.

[quote=“mastix, post:98, topic:69”]
Anybody want to start suggesting dates for things?
[/quote] @AngelofDeath720 says he’ll get something together when he gets back from his convention. Which will probably be early next week