Community Event Idea Topic

If you praise a lot an anime you love, the ones who’ve never watched it will create high expectations, and if these expectations aren’t fulfilled, they will dislike the anime even more, only making things worse. I think this is what @AngelofDeath720-senpai was trying to say.

Why not choose just one show, then? People who haven’t watched vote for the anime they are most looking forward to.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more? Sounds like it could be interesting.

Not sure how I feel about Kaza Watches. Honestly, it’s hard enough to just get a few people from different timezones together, let alone watch an entire show. You could argue people could drop in and out, but if you miss a couple episodes you’re often just less inclined to watch the show overall. No comment on Seasonal Anime.

Last time we did Kaza Watches it tapered out pretty quickly. Of course, we’ve got a lot more people on the forums now, but I dunno.

1 Like

The one anime that NEEDS a Kaza Watches is Charlotte. I hope it does have.

@Akito, that’s a brilliant idea. A Key RP would work really well, not everyone could have a Key character (since there’s a limit number of them), but we could still bring some OCs or characters from other media.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure we’re just all going to be watching it in our own time. People won’t want to wait for a scheduled time.
Also I think a lot of people wouldn’t want that as they would want to pay full attention and may not appreciate people cracking jokes and stuff.

1 Like

basically, it’s like building a fan-fiction story together!
We come up with a setting together, then from there we can make our own stories based on it. Technically speaking, our posts in that thread will be connected, tailored into a sensible story.

Every member should have their own OC (one)! Of course we can make them interact with KEY characters (should be in character!) ~

1 Like

Why can’t anyone instead of an OC have a Key character?
You should ask @Aspirety-sama’s opinion about this. I myself approve it 100%

1 Like

because KEY own KEY characters? ^-^;

jokes aside, it’s easier to write your own OC. Also, it probably will be more interesting to put ourselves (as an OC) in a KEY environment. Well, on top of that, it’s up to the poster what he/she wants to write but of course it should be reasonable and stays in character.

Of course not. I can agree with OC, but not ourselves. The RP would be boring like this. A character is planned, his personality is thought and created, his flaws, his back story… We aren’t. It wouldn’t be interesting at all.

I know characters are based on RL humans, but the writers don’t just copy/paste, they build them and emphasize some traits. Actually, if we were to follow your idea, I think it couldn’t even be called role play, since we weren’t playing any role, just acting as we usually act.

I agree. Well, forgive me for putting that ‘ourselves’ there. That’s silly. I was too excited I didn’t think deep enough.

By the way, it has just come to me that the use of OC should be more preferable because it is very possible if the poster accidentally write spoilers had we use the KEY universe. Also, not everyone has read/watch every of KEY’s works ^-^;

1 Like

Gonna have to interject guys. While I can see you’re really enthusiastic about the idea, it doesn’t really reflect our ideology for the community. We’re all about quality content, intelligent discussion, and occasionally some laughs. RPs like that don’t really fit in with our community ethos. I’m sure many here won’t feel comfortable in that kind of environment.

If you do want to continue and organise an RP among yourselves, please keep it outside of Kazamatsuri.org.

1 Like

[quote=“Akito, post:59, topic:69, full:true”]
what about doing a RP (Role-Play) story? There’s a forum that does that and it seems interesting~ ^^
[/quote]If we ever do that, count me out. I have a very bad history with RP, and I don’t want to go through all that all over again.

[quote=“Takafumi, post:60, topic:69”]
Do opinions matter? You just talk about what’s happening, unless you want to go into review territory… but that’s work.
[/quote]For some, criticism comes very naturally. I’m pretty sure a couple people could throw the whole thing into chaos very quickly if their opinions get in the way of the enjoyment. Don’t get me wrong, I fully support the idea of a group anime viewing, but there are flaws with the idea that should be addressed.

[quote=“LinkThinks, post:62, topic:69”]
Last time we did Kaza Watches it tapered out pretty quickly.
[/quote]This happened before? (Why didn’t I find this place sooner… :/)

[quote=“Aspirety, post:70, topic:69, full:true”]
Gonna have to interject guys. While I can see you’re really enthusiastic about the idea, it doesn’t really reflect our ideology for the community. We’re all about quality content, intelligent discussion, and occasionally some laughs. RPs like that don’t really fit in with our community ethos. I’m sure many here won’t feel comfortable in that kind of environment.

If you do want to continue and organise an RP among yourselves, please keep it outside of Kazamatsuri.org.
[/quote]I send my most heartfelt condolences to the head honcho: THANK YOU. :slight_smile:

It was only a few episodes of Attack on Titan, it wasn’t a big thing.

1 Like

well can’t helped it if you don’t allow it. I am still new here so I don’t know what Kazamatsuri.org’s ideology for the community is.

this is probably the biggest reason I haven’t done anything with watching anime together yet. I know a lot of people (myself included) like to watch anime alone or with a select group of people, and it seems they everyone watches anime in a different way. Unless you set up rules and guidelines a mixed group like we have here is bound to crash and burn; but too many restrictions and its not any fun. That’s a really fine line to be walking for something that’s just meant to be casual fun.

[quote=“LinkThinks, post:62, topic:69”]
Last time we did Kaza Watches it tapered out pretty quickly.
[/quote]to be fair, it was a show that most people here had seen and/or did not want to see; and also it wasn’t really managed very well.

2 Likes

This is an old idea, but I am so absolutely down. Can we please do this?

1 Like

Re: Kaza watches

I kind of agree with taka. When me and the other guys watched Attack on Titan (which was the one that tapered out pretty quickly), we would just talk about what was happening during the anime. Any opinions were minor after the episode, so I don’t think having people who already watched it would ruin the experience (unless they go and say spoilers).

I do like the idea of the anime sampler simply because it gives me an excuse to check out more anime :stuck_out_tongue:

And yes, charlotte watching is a must. I will probably watch it once ASAP, and then a second time with a decent fansub group (hopefully) together with everyone else, if that sounds like a good idea

1 Like

I’m still new to searching this place, so I wouldn’t know: Do we currently do any livestreams or NicoNico style group streams of the anime at all? Or even twitch stuff for the VNs? I think it’d be a lot of fun to watch shows together. The sampler is a great idea though. Kaza watches like Taka suggested would be a lot of fun. We could even have some weekly ones for currently airing shows that we don’t mind dumping on. We could pick something we know is going to be bad and have fun with it. Those are the best group streams.

depending on what you talk about though, it can change what others think about the anime. Again though, this is something that some people like and others don’t, so if I were to host something for a whole series I would probably take a survey of who likes what and divide into groups based on the results. That might help a bit with the timezone problem too, but I actually don’t know if we’re big enough yet to form 2 or 3 fully functional groups. I’ll look into it though.

[quote=“Pepe, post:76, topic:69”]
I do like the idea of the anime sampler simply because it gives me an excuse to check out more anime :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]I’ve already adopted the mindset to pick up everything that looks even half interesting at the beginning of a season anyways, and just drop them later if I don’t like them. I think I have something like 25 that I’m starting with this season, but I’ll probably only keep like 10.

[quote=“Pepe, post:76, topic:69”]
And yes, charlotte watching is a must. I will probably watch it once ASAP, and then a second time with a decent fansub group (hopefully) together with everyone else, if that sounds like a good idea
[/quote]I can find the right resources, we might even do a Charlotte viewing party as it airs every week. Of course, considering how few people here know japanese, watching raw might not work; but the only alternative would be to set a time when we know subs will consistently be out(probably sometime the next day) and I doubt everyone would be willing to wait that long.

Also, you might want to check with @Aspirety on the matter, but I get the feeling that if something like this happens for Charlotte he’d want to be the one organizing it. (he might even already have plans he isn’t telling us!)

People have done a few VN streams on hitbox. They usually post it in skype chat when they are going to do so (you should join the chat as soon as you get the member badge). Sometimes a few people will get together separately and watch things together. But besides the SnK thing, we’ve never really had something open to the whole community, no. And I think the main reason we havent so far is because time zones and the business of other people’s schedules.

I would personally love to do this kinda thing with you guys, but being one of those people who is always busy, watching whole shows together might end up being a problem for me.

1 Like

There would be legal issues to streaming anime, so what we do is we just go on skype and everybody plays the same video at the same time :slight_smile:

yeah we should get an initial group of people willing to join and decide times based on that. But if someone is not availabe on a certain timezone and others are, we can just simply shift, people. No need to make it such that everyone has to be available on a certain time