Community Event Idea Topic

Let’s just say there’s a reason why everyone I would play with in real life would be very very pissed at me midway through the game :wink:

This topic is for community event ideas- Very self explanatory. This is my job. This topic is not for discussion on the legitimacy of scheduling events and their purpose.

So, use the topic for it’s purpose, please. I find this wall pretty distracting and not necessary. If you make a new meta topic or something to hold this discussion, it would be preferable. I don’t see the point of all this in here.

yes, but how, when, and why are all helpful ideas for making a community event happen. the “wall” as you call it was mostly constructive, and corrected itself when it strayed too far off course.

also: note from the OP

[quote=“AngelofDeath720, post:1, topic:69”]
any help would be much appreciated! I’ll be doing what I can to help get things started, but I can’t do it alone, so I need some input from you guys.
[/quote] even if it was an argument, that doesn’t mean it wasn’t helpful, not to mention an argument in and of itself is a great way to generate input, which is part of what I was looking for in the OP.

Didn’t say it wasn’t beneficial to its purpose, I said it’s obtrusive to the gathering ideas and forming possible events. I saw a bunch of posts and thought oh cool, people are forming an event- Starting with the idea of setting a fair time for us all to play RNG, but nope. Pretty disappointing and unfun. #ImWithTakafumi

This was a good step and I commend you for it. Doesn’t mean I’m not going to say something though, and have, and I find it fair to do so. So carry on lol

What do you mean by “real monopoly” btw? I used to play it a bit, and different versions would have different rules. Even the video games changed things up.
Generally it’s just a matter of getting houses on the hotspots, and then working up enough to upgrade them so that when someone lands on it they lose pretty much everything they have.

I like this

This describes Kid Monopoly. the rules are technically the same, but real monopoly(called so because it’s the way the game was intended to be played) involves much more aggressive play, with players making bargains and trying to extort each other in order to gain an advantage. In Kid Monopoly, games can take hours or even days to complete, because being eliminated is mostly left to chance, but in real monopoly games should take minutes to maybe a few hours because the players are trying to eliminate each other rather than leaving it up to chance. It may not sound like it, but it’s actually a TON more fun this way, and it adds in an almost poker like vibe between the players. (I’ll probably edit in a guide and or a link to play when I find one, but I kind of have to leave at the moment, so I’ll do so when I get back)

1 Like

…I think I’ve been playing Kid Monopoly wrong ._. What else are you supposed to do but…monopolize?
That’s how all board games are played generally. By the end of the day, if everyone else doesn’t hate you, you must have lost.

1 Like

so, I’ll be honest. I remembered that I had been playing monopoly wrong as a kid, but I didn’t remember why. turns out that there was one simple rule that was causing the problem.

that’s a screencap of the official monopoly rules from Hasbro’s website. just read the second part and everything should make sense.

2 Likes

I’ve played a lot of Monopoly in my time…but I guess I have never read the rule book because I have never heard that part of the rule before in my life. We always played if you don’t want it it stands.

I don’t think anybody has mentioned this but is there gonna be a valentines day event?

You mean our birthday? ^^ I’m sure @Aspirety has something up his sleeve, right?

1 Like

You mean the sites birthday? When is that?

Yup. That’s in the video games~

The site’s birthday is on Valentines day, is what @yerian98 is saying.

1 Like

Oh…duh…excuse me I’ll go back to the corner

Yup, that’s exactly the kind of play that got people pissed at me ._.

One strategy I like to use is to make sure the player that I choose gets the property that I want him to. Let’s say I want him to complete the row of Baltic Ave, and I do numerous trades so I can get him to have that. That way, other players can land on his property, give him money (which is okay since Baltic is cheap), then once they land on my property, they have to fold over all their property to me. Once it’s down to that player and me, I just wait for him to land on the numerous other properties I obtained from other players

…and why am I telling you guys this?

I hate this because every freaking time I play, nobody wants to bother to do this. They just make a house rule to let people skip that property should they choose to.
As you can expect, this goes into my play of letting the people I choose get the property I want them to. :stuck_out_tongue:

You guys should do a Kaza watches of the Kazamatsuri top 10 anime recommendations (when the list gets made.) There’s probably some shows that people haven’t seen or want to re-watch.

You could record the audio and release it as like… a commentary to play alongside episodes.

3 Likes

an interesting idea, but 1. people who have seen them before tend to bring and share their opinions; which makes it harder for others to make their own unique opinions, so I’m not entirely sure if it would be a good idea. and 2. watching even one series as a group takes a LONG time, especially considering how tight some people’s schedules are. trying to get 10 entire shows done seems nigh impossible.

I have been thinking about doing a “Kazamatsuri Seasonal Anime Sampler” in which we would get together and watch the first 1 or 2 episodes of each anime we find interesting during a season, but I don’t even know if enough people here actually watch seasonal anime. Does that sound interesting to anyone? we could do it for this upcoming season if there’s enough interest.

2 Likes

what about doing a RP (Role-Play) story? There’s a forum that does that and it seems interesting~ ^^

1 Like

Do opinions matter? You just talk about what’s happening, unless you want to go into review territory… but that’s work.

It wouldn’t really be a group. It’d just be people dropping in and out whenever a certain episode, season, or series interests them. If my computer was good enough to actually join in, I’d only join in on one or two shows.