Community Event #4: Settling on the Rematch (also, a notice on schedule problems)

First off, I’d like to apologize about pulling out the “second Osu match” card already; I had a a slightly more…interesting event planned, but mid-terms have taken most of my spare time away, so it’s not quite ready yet. I had also planned to do it this weekend, but something came up last minute and I won’t be home this weekend, so I’ll let you guys decide if you want to move it or not.

Anyways, on to the thing that you guys are probably here for: We will be playing Osu again for this event. Anyone who is interested in joining and was not at the first Osu game should refer to the original thread for how to setup the game (Community Event #1: Osu Night!). For those of you who were there last time, it should be noted that Osu has been updated quite a bit since we last played and the game will look/feel a little different when you first log on again. Most notably, song difficulty is now much more accurate (it “technically” goes all the way up to 10 stars, but the hardest songs in the game right now barely manage a 7 star rating, so keep an eye out when you’re getting maps) and the maximum lobby size now goes up to 16 players instead of 8 (yes, that means we probably won’t be stuck at a full game again this time)

As for when we’ll be playing; I said earlier that the original plan was to be on July 26 (Kotori’s birthday) at 3:00 GMT, but I personally will not be able to make that time unfortunately, so the other option would be to move it back a week and put it on August 2 where I would be able to join you guys. Regardless of what you guys decide, I’ll put the final date in bold in an edit when we come to a decision.

Just like always, if there are any questions/comments/concerns feel free to post them here and I will try to get to them in turn. Also, please post which day works better for you guys so I can make it official ASAP.

EDIT: if it wasn’t obvious enough yet, we will be playing on August 2 at 3:00 GMT, hope to see you guys there!

1 Like

I think August 2 works better for me, personally :slight_smile:
Yeah I wasn’t part of the first Osu match. Honestly, I don’t play Osu at all (even though I play so many other music games lol). I have played Ouendan, so I get the concept.

Time for me to try it out!

The experience last time was pretty much divided between two brackets. The two or three who were actually good at the game and the remaining group that doesn’t play much if at all. I was consistently the leader of the loser’s division. Forever third!

I’m eager to check out the new version of osu! August 2 works fine.

PS. Fix your avatar Ian!

1 Like

So I tried it out and realized that I am pretty terrible at it ;_;

What difficulty will we be playing?

Probably average out at 3-4 stars I imagine.
Anything less than that is usually way too slow :stuck_out_tongue:

._. I guess I’ve got to start practicing before then

Actually 3 might be more accurate.

Considering I still get Cs at 3 stars, yeah XD

My pro tip as a pro is to use the z & x keys instead of the mouse. My skill level improved dramatically once I started doing that.

I’ve already started out using z & x. I just have to get used to moving the mouse really fast

Believe it or not, I actually still play using only the mouse buttons at 6-7 star songs… One way or the other isn’t specifically better, just do whichever you’re most comfortable with. Also, we’ll probably be playing 1-3 star songs mostly; those songs would have been 3-4 star before, but are much lower now because of the difficulty rescale. Which is why I brought it up in the OP

2 Likes

Oh so they have rescaled it, not just adding more stars.

Yes, they completely changed the rating system too, so difficulty should seem much more balanced than before (if you can pass a 3 star song now, more than likely you’ll be able to pass almost every 3 star song instead of before when some 3 star songs were harder than 5 star songs). They also reduced all star ratings by 33%, so if there was a song that theoretically didn’t change ratings because of the new system and it was originally a 3 star, it would now be a 2 star. That reduction is also why the hardest songs only go up to ~7.5 stars. I don’t know why they did it like that though, but that’s basically everything that’s been done with the difficulty revamp.

Hooray, osu! I’ve been playing a lot since the last osu match so I shouldn’t be in the losers bracket anymore! Just recently went below 100 000 in rank.

Holy crap you’ve been playing a lot (i looked at your profile on the website)… maybe enough to warrant me putting up some harder maps? haha. I’ll be interested to see how well you can keep up this time :smile:

Alright, for anyone not in the skype chat, the game will be called “Kazamatsuri.org community osu game” and the password will be “key”

be sure to look for it in the next few minutes!

So for those who care. Kluck essentially the new loser of losers, but since he doesn’t post here, loser of losers must still be Rabla.

1 Like

I quite like Bonecuss’ new title :laughing:

It’s been that since the dorj-a-thon!

Well I guess I shot myself in the foot with that statement >_<

Do we have a final tally of the scores?

That aside, I think my biggest problem with this game is that I’m not used to moving my mouse at blazing speeds. When I can do a chart, I can do it pretty well, accuracy wise.