Community Event #1: Osu Night!

There was a bit of interest shown in the idea thread so I think its about time to start planning the first event. I think the biggest problem though will be finding a time that works for everyone, since we’re pretty spread out across time zones, so I’ll need some input on what times work for you guys! (and what time zone you’re in)

Now, onto the actual event plan: we will be playing Osu, a free to play rhythm game where you move and click your mouse to the beat of a song. Here’s a link to the website for anyone that hasn’t played it before: http://osu.ppy.sh/

Earlier I gave the idea of starting with a set list of songs before opening it up for other people to host, but that didn’t get very much positive feedback, so instead I’ll just include below a few recommended songs that you might want to download if you’re new to the game or if you’re looking for a taste of what we might be playing. These songs may or may not actually come up, since we will be switching hosts after every song, but its probably safe to say most of them will come up at one point or another.

List of songs:
Ayana: Last Regrets
Chata: Dango Daikazoku
Jun’ichi Shimizu: Adagio for Summer Wind
Magome Togoshi: Gentle Jena
PSYCHIC LOVER: Rewrite
Rita: Little Busters! ~Ecstasy Ver.~
Yanaginagi: Muteki no Soldier

I will be editing the OP with more information as it comes up, so don’t forget to check back every once in a while and see what’s changed!

[edit: 4-17: changed the topic name and deleted part of the OP.]
I need to know a good day for you guys to get on though, since we will (hopefully) get more people to talk about it now that the site is no longer in beta.

Sounds fun~ I haven’t played in aaages, but a couple of my favorite beatmaps are on that list~

Good luck to everyone who decides to participate~ ^^

Never played the game, but it sounds interesting.
How many participants are you aiming for before deciding on a date for the event?

I’ll probably suck, but I’m willing to participate~

one game lobby can hold up to 8 people, but as long as we have at least 4 people that can get on at one specific time that should be fine. I think the first event will serve as more of a proof of concept than anything, so the number of people doesn’t really matter. That said, if we can get 8 or more together that would be great!

Ahaha~ you put your map on the list. And you know by now that I’ll be in on this scenario. Hopefully these bumps are making other people take notice of the topic.

The map I made is actually not on the list… Though I will likely put it up, since it’s a key song and one of my favorites.

There was a chain of thought once you said that. Going from “but but… oh. derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp. That’s what I get for not playing KW.”

Alright guys, I’m going to throw up a hard date and time, but if this causes any problems let me know and we might be able to move it around.

Based on the activity times of the Skype group, we tend to be more active in the early hours of the morning where I am, so I’m going to throw up a guess and say:

May 3 at 6:00 am (GMT - 7)

Please let me know if you will have problems showing up at that time.

Gross. I can try though.