Charlotte - Yusa Nishimori & Misa Kurobane Character Discussion

Now for the last series of character discussions before the broadcast of Charlotte, and the last of the main cast of the series: Yusa (Kurobane) Nishimori, our school idol, and lead singer of How Low Hello! Character-specific thoughts and opinions on this topic. And yes, that includes Joujirou-level fanboying :wink:

However, behind this happy facade lies her power: the ability to channel her deceased sister, Misa, into physical being in her body who seems to have a totally different persona from that of Yusa.

All Charlotte information may be discussed in this topic without spoiler tags. However, references to important information from other Key series must be kept in spoiler tags, with context specified.

Just a few more hours until Charlotte hype~

Finally the topic I have been waiting for. YUSARIN~!!!

1 Like

I definitely feel that Yusa is a bit of a mystery for now. She hasnā€™t appeared (except referenced by Joujirou) in the 4-koma yet, and I donā€™t even think sheā€™ll be appearing in Episode 1 either. As such, I canā€™t really give any comment about her for now

I am really excited to see how they execute this in the series. I also like how Uchida sounds completly different for her than with Yusa, it really shows the difference in personality.

1 Like

What Iā€™m most interested in regards to Misa is her power. Sheā€™s a pyromancer, which seems to be a lot more destructive than the powers of all the rest of the main cast. Here I thought their powers wouldnā€™t be battle abilities :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps she might have been someone who was helped by the previous student council, because of the danger of her powers? Perhaps even her powers could have been the cause of her death? Something we will find out in the future, I think.

I wonder how she really look like, since she only appears when sheā€™s in Yusaā€™s body.

Remember. Sheā€™s not Yusaā€™s twin. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder what the limit or weakness to her power is. The student council membersā€™ superpower all have weakness so Misa ought to have one.

Oh yeah I never thought about it! I just got the info from the website here: http://www.charlotteanime.com/character/#/misa

The other pages list the weaknesses, but this one doesnā€™t, huh. Oh yeah, and itā€™s pyrokinesis.

Pyrokinesis, huhā€¦ Thatā€™s cool. Without weakness at that (so far).

Iā€™ve just had a thought about Misa Yusa Yuu after reading @sillylittlemelodyā€™s tweet. See, Yusaā€™s power is soul channeling, right? And that Misa also can possess her on her own free will. So, what will happen if Yuu takes control of Yusaā€™s body and then Misa also tries to possess her? And since I read too much Naruto, is it wrong if I think Yuu can meet the two inside of her mind? lol. Jokes aside, it should be the case of who gets in last, right?

Sheā€™s Pyro? Sheā€™s Pyro.
Fuck man, I hate Pyro.

ok, so after this episode we can say that both sisters are just amazing. Both have their own unique personality, that contradicts the other one. They make each other whole, which isnt that unusual with sisters. Overall I like Yusa more, she is so damn cute and not to mention, she is the vocalist of How-Low-Hello, and both songs we heard so far are just amazing.

Letā€™s talk about their powers. Yusa doesnt seem to be able to control it at all and just seems to fall in some kind of stasis and she notices nothing that is going on while Misa is possesing her. One thing I am wondering about though is, if there is a time limit to this or why else would Misa just drop her off at a different location. I think we can agree, that Misa truely cares for her sister and probably wouldnt do such a thing, so that made me wonder. Now to Misaā€™s pyrokinesis. It seems kinda weak, which might come from her not being in her own body. Like the marshmellows just got slightly roasted and nothing else really happened to the other things that were on fire. I am curious to see where both of their powers go and to hopefully learn more about Yusa herself.

And last but not least, we saw some shots of some kinda music video of How-Low-Hello, and I really hope we get to see a full version of this, maybe on a DVD coming with the CD. I mean Yusa, just looks so cute in that video

1 Like

Hmmm I donā€™t know what to think of Yusa yet for now. I canā€™t help feeling that she might be too much of an airhead; She just says ā€œThe doctors say I might have multiple personality disorderā€ like there isnā€™t any problem in the world. I donā€™t quite like that, no :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah she is cute, and I donā€™t mind watching her munch on marshmallows all day

As for Misaā€™s pyrokinesis, well, it might be also because she has full control over that power of hers; including the intensity of the flames. As for how long Misa can actually control Yusa, wellā€¦ Maybe that depends on Yusa? Since sheā€™s the one with the channeling power after all. Even though she canā€™t control her summoning, she might be able to instinctively control how to end it.

oh right, I will share that screenshot here again, because it has info like I think birthdate and blood group of Yusa. Seems like she shares her birthday with her seiyuu, like Saya. Also it is not fully visible, but I think those 58cm actually mean she is 158cm tall.

4 Likes

She was trained to act like a 5 year old? It doesnā€™t matter how an idol is supposed to act with her fans, thatā€™s not how a high school girl would act when interacting with real people who are trying to help her.

Not only that, but everyone around her treats her like sheā€™s five. Nao talks with Misaā€™s friends about Yusa having powers and being in danger right in front of her, as if sheā€™s not even there. And she acts completely oblivious!

Seriously, the actual Key five-year-old acts and gets treated with more maturity than Yusa does. We can only hope that this will change with the episodes to come.

1 Like

I am sure there is something more to it. I dont think she is like that without a reason. We will have to wait and see

She was trained, and with time, it became a personality trait.

But isnā€™t this because she doesnā€™t know she has powers? She just thinks sheā€™s narcoleptic or somethingā€¦ And I donā€™t think telling her about her powers would be a good idea, because, you know, she lost her sister recentlyā€¦ It can cause a shockā€¦

Shimako doesnā€™t even speak. Besides her, I can just remember Ushio. But I dunno about her, since I havenā€™t read CLANNAD.

Yerian. Donā€™t you know ā€œDereā€™sā€ ? In every key visual novel/anime, there has to be the airhead from the same grade as the main cast.
Kanon - Ayu/Makoto
Air - Misuzu
CLANNAD - Fuko/Nagisa
Little Busters! - Kudryavka
Rewrite - Shizuru/Kotori
Angel Beats! - Yui
Charlotte - Yusa/Ayumi

No. Kotori isnā€™t like that at all.

@Kotarou, I think the problem people are having is that she isnā€™t a loli. She is 16 years old, looks like 16 years old, but acts like 5. And people treat her like that too. But I think once character development involving her is shown, people will be more ā€˜dereā€™ towards Yusarin.

I know that character development always changes the viewers perspective of the person, but still, Iā€™m talking more towards the common route,

I know. I just pity Yusarin for all the hate sheā€™s receiving. Iā€™m hoping for a change in this situation later.

Iā€™m fine with her. We all need that one air head in the Key series to make us realize how much weā€™re gonna miss their dense personality after the anime ends.

1 Like