Charlotte - Yusa Nishimori & Misa Kurobane Character Discussion

I’m kind of weird with Yusa. I don’t mind the “immature” character type (as evident by my picture) but what I do mind is how everyone treats her like an idiot. Besides Misuzu and to an extent Fuko, all the characters @Kotarou listed above are treated like anyone else by the rest of the main cast. All I really need is for Nao and the rest to treat her like a normal human being and I’d be fine with her in her current state.

@Kotarou

[quote=“sillylittlemelody, post:17, topic:1530”]
She is 16 years old, looks like 16 years old, but acts like 5. And people treat her like that too.
[/quote]Pretty much this. It really didnt help her case that we got to see so little of her in episode 3 too. She seemed at least a bit more intelligent in episode 4, like a normal idol/airhead. Doesnt mean I like her as a character (yet) but its certainly more reasonable than what we got just from episode 3.

@sillylittlemelody Really the only thing I hate about Yusa (and I really can’t get over this) is that she doesn’t seem at all that concerned about her own well-being. She doesn’t bother to figure out why she suddenly blacks out, and doesn’t care about the doctors mentioning that she has “multiple personalities”.

It’s like, she’s neglecting all the bad things in life because she is too airheaded to consider them important. This is exactly the kind of personality trait that they sought out to fix in Komari’s route of Little Busters

1 Like

I think this may have something to do with maybe Misa’s death. We havent been given much backstory about Yusa. I am really sure she isnt like this without a reason. I really dont think she is airheaded at all, but may have some kind of trauma. Like we dont know anything. Where the hell did she live, how did it come to that she started being on TV. Litereally everything could have happened. It is way too early to just say that she is an airhead.

Just my opinion on this, since I really give things I am passionate about very much thought and I really like Yusa so far.

I don’t know if you’ve listened to the podcast, but if my theory is correct, and the young 'uns really do get their powers from their own personalities/desires, that would say quite a bit about how Yusa really feels about Misa~

no, I didnt, not a fan of podcasts, but I like that theory.

Well I guess since I’m here already, I might as well type it in full; I theorized that, under the assumption that powers come from their personalities or even their desires, Yusa got her power specifically because she was distraught over her dead sister and wanted to see her one more time. Unfortunately, we all know how that ends up, and it would be a bit sad. Even more sad that Yusa (supposedly) doesn’t even realize it happening.

What we saw between Misa and Shou in episode 3 was okay; but seeing that sort of conversation happen between Misa and Yusa (somehow, I have no idea how) would be potential for something amazing along the line.
Of course, before that, we need some backstory on their relationship, and god knows if that’s going to happen at all

1 Like

At this point, if this and the other powers didnt happen like this, Im gonna be pretty surprised. As I said before, it all fits way to well.

1 Like

Using your argument, Shou would also have the same power, because he feels the same way.

Naturally, there are other conditions to obtaining the powers that we still do not know about. Not everybody in the world can receive those powers, as you may have noticed.

1 Like

He might not be able to get a power though. We currently don’t know why some people get them and some don’t as using that theory if anyone could, I’m pretty sure everyone would have had powers in their adolescence.

And this is where I point you toward my post in General Discussion.

Basically, 1) Sho would need to actually “wish”, to actively think about it, to have that power, and 2) Its possibly that Sho just doesnt have the right “attributes” or something? I dont know, that could be part of it…

1 Like

I don’t think he feels exactly the same way, a big part of it is there are emotions mixed into it of him feeling responsible too.

as much as I like that theory with how the powers are obtained, it would make me sad to have it exactly like that. Because that’s exactly how witches in Yamada and the 7 Witches are decided and I’d not like to have the same concept here.

If the kind of power developed is in response to a person’s needs, then the ability to develop a power in the first place is dependent on genetics. It’s a mix of both.

Or it’s a comet and the genetics is just a red herring :v

Who knooooows~

well, with the comet being in the logo, I sure hope it will have at least some importance, but I think a discussion like that doesnt belong here, but in the general discussion.

Heh. It’s like Joujirou is trying to counterbalance it by treating her like a goddess.

Yo

if Yu used his power on Yusa while she was Misa

He’d be hijacking the body from somebody who was hijacking the body

So if Misa leaves Yusa’s body while Yuu is hijacking… What happens? :stuck_out_tongue: