Charlotte - The 4-koma: Seishun wo Kakenukero Discussion

Discussion topic for Charlotte the 4-koma: Seishun wo Kakenukero. For the time being, feel free to discuss without the use of spoiler tags!

Allow me to be the first to say that this 4koma is freaking hilarious. Seeing our main characters (sans Yusa) all have really vibrant personalities is really reassuring. As expected, Yuu is very narcissistic, but also a bit of an idiot. Nao is very upfront about everything, but also has a great sense of humour, and seems to enjoy messing with Yuu. She’s also a but of a glutton it seems. And Joujirou is… Well, he is a lot like Takamatsu. I find it pretty funny how he’s always trying to look cool but ends up constantly using his power improperly and ending up unconscious. I wonder how he got to know Nao, and what their relationship is like. Don’t know an awful lot about him yet, but I think he’s going to be a LOT of fun.

Time will tell whether these characteristics transfer over to the Anime series, but I think there’s gonna be some fantastic comedy waiting for us in the series. And that’s what we’re given a sneak peak into with the 4koma!

Also, an interesting tidbit is how at the end of the first chapter, they’re looking at a map of the town and talking about how “They’ve found a power-user”, and have a job to do. Interesting…

Sounds nice. Is there any translation for it right now?

Naonao confirmed glutton. That part of her character is just so fun, for some reason. I also see her upfrontness as being a bit snarky… Which is something I like actually XD

That IS the job of the student council after all :wink:

All-in-all I think the 4koma gives us a good idea of what the personalities of the characters are gonna be like. It’ll probably be a lot more slice-of-lifey than the anime, but for now, it gives us a sneak peek, and I like what I am seeing :smiley:

Not officially, no.

Nao-nao is confirmed for being @Bizkitdoh with respect to music and Marina.

We’ve now seen a lot of other cool powers, looks like they can literally be anything.

Riki confirmed for appearance in Charlotte:

“I can tell girls apart by smelling their sent.”

I continue to like Nao more and more, and Yuu seems to have the typical Key protag qualities that I love.

Suddenly, a panel with normal proportions. XD

Fixed for you.

I’m quite interested in the setting, a bunch of people with useless power fooling around. At least it’s not the typical story with way OP “ability”.

2 Likes

Nao’s randomness is just so… unique, wow. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a character that acts like that.

It’s like Yui but less annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

Yuu is totally an ass, too. Well, more room for character development!

It almost feels like Key are playing with the audience’s expectations. Showing her in a completely stoic expression in the PV, then showing her with very varied expressions in other art.

It’s all come to a head here. “Her personality is very unpredictable.” That’s the best kind of personality! Almost like a real person.

2 Likes

Considering that this is 4-koma, how much we can relate the characterization here with the actual anime?

Usually it’s not that far, but more often than not, it’s exaggeration on the silliness.

Since this 4-koma is directly written by Maeda himself, we can assume that characterization will mostly correspond with anime. Just mood will be probably little more serious in anime.

3 Likes