Charlotte - Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

That could make sense, since the protag seems to have some “magic” that can give him high scores. That magic could be hacking into the school’s network and stealing the answers to exams or something :stuck_out_tongue:

For now, I think there are two major trains of thought as far as wild theories go:

1. Charlotte is a Computer Program
  2. Charlotte is a meteor/mini planet

I honestly prefer the second as I prefer the romanticism of astronomy

1 Like

Im digging this. If we consider your theory true, then I hope it’s not gonna be anything like SAO concept or w/e
But I do like the idea, because if I remember correctly there was some kind of machine in AB too wasnt it? I wonder if the Charlotte is a program they would be after or if they are co-oping with it.
Speaking of being trapped in a digital world… maybe there is going to be a concept of AB - in a sense that they need to leave the wolrd they are trapped in - as in the afterlife AB world . In that case they would go after Charlotte.
Either way I like where this theory is going, so ill keep thinking about possibilites on this one.

1 Like

Yu is the Programmer.

1 Like

Dunno if I’m late here, but I just noticed something. If anyone still has any doubts that Nao is recording the stars, check out this image:

You can see the image is used as the background for the Twitter feed on the official website: http://charlotte-anime.jp/#twitter

Let there be no doubts! She is recording the sky, looking at the stars.

2 Likes

I’d have to agree with you. The idea that “Nao is recording herself” seems kinda off, in my opinion.

I still can’t get over the fact of the camera pointing to her and showing stars, though. I think what I am leaning most towards is Nao being part of some astronomy-related club which cause her and Yu to end up interacting with each other and it will start off with funny stuff happening (like the common route in Rewrite and the “oka-ken”), and something will happen where drama ensues

Also, call it wild guessing, but the 2015 Key Calendar has the charlotte image displayed in June and July so I’m thinking a Summer 2015 release for the Anime? :smiley:

3 Likes

Before I start looking over the evidence presented to us, I want to make a few remarks regarding a project like this. I really hope the people working on this project don’t make the same mistakes that they did with Angel Beats!, namely rushing the story and not devoting enough time to the characters. That brings me to the first piece of information: focusing on two characters instead of fourteen. This sounds like a better setup than what they were trying to do with Angel Beats!, but at the same time, it makes me wonder if they’re playing it safe and not breaking new ground because they are afraid of making the same mistakes they made with Angel Beats!. My fears are further accentuated by the fact that Maeda himself said they will not be breaking much new ground storywise. We’ll just have to wait and see.

[quote=“Aspirety, post:7, topic:728, full:true”]
Here’s a question. Why do you think she would be recording herself?
[/quote]Perhaps there is something she wants to tell someone about. Maybe she is trying to convince someone that there is something out there, and that someone is the only one who will believe her. I don’t know. My guess is that this will be Gokukoku no Brynhildr all over again if it were written by Jun Maeda.

[quote=“yerian98, post:17, topic:728”]
It reminds me of the track Angel’s Flight from the Angel Beats! OST
[/quote] That probably means that ANANT GARDE EYES is doing the music again. (sigh)

[quote=“Takafumi, post:61, topic:728, full:true”]
No no, it’ll be something like Hanako, or Jiro.
[/quote]“Atashi Onna’noko…” XD

[quote=“TRBO_188, post:64, topic:728”]
as for Kyoto Ani, they’re good, but I prefer the quality/style if animation PA Works puts out.
[/quote] That, and Kyoto Ani loves Full Metal Panic way too much. They need to either find more fresh material to work with, or make a third season of Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!. That show was awesome. :3

But I’m getting off topic here. Although it may seem like I’m being critical of the idea of this anime, I’m not putting away the possibility that it could be just as good, if not better, than Angel Beats!. I’m definitely looking forward to the result.

1 Like

I think that the problem of AB!, compared to Charlotte at least, is that the world of AB left so much potential for character buildup. I mean, come on, an after life where everyone has a regret in life? That’s just asking for each character to be given attention.

Charlotte, on the other hand, (hopefully) takes place in a normal school setting. Thus, we wouldn’t really care about the backstory of, say, the drummer of one of the bands because he/she is probably just a regular person who likes music.

That being said, since it is about four main characters mostly, I reaaaaally really hope they focus on romance :<

1 Like

Well, maybe, but its Key we are talking about, and we all know they like to make “tragic” accidents and somehow telling us the backstory. So I on the other hand, am looking forward to the backsotry of those 2 (if they will have any) … because thats what partially makes Key’s work so awesome - they go in depth with a lot of characters and tell us a lot about them including their backstory.

Im with you on this one pepe, I really hope it will be more romance based anime :3

I wonder if they plan to put a mascot animal for this series. Key titles usually have those (I guess except for Angel Beats! ?)

1 Like

Well of course the 2 (maybe even the 4) main characters will have a backstory :stuck_out_tongue: just that the rest of the characters, who supposedly are more numerous than those of AB, will not have a backstory.

If they’re cute enough, though, that just means more merchandising opportunities~

1 Like

*Nineteen

MY WORK HERE IS DONE.

No really though I think they’re well aware of the issues with AB! which is why Key devoted the past decade to fixing it.

So let’s place bets on the singer/VA for this/these band(s).

InB4 it’s someone totally new

Aoi Tada?
Yanagi Nagi?
More Marina?
LiSA gonna be good again?!
A totally not left field greedy wish of mine Yui Sakakibara?!!

Discuss.

Hm, interesting thought. They did say that the VA would also perform the singing so… Hmm…

For some reason, the first thing that pops into my head is Toyama Nao. She’s a pretty good up-and-coming VA and she can sing pretty well. Although all her past repertoire is pop music (AI MY ME AIDORU~ WATASHI AIDORU~)

1 Like

Yanagi Nagi and Lia because I’m basic

2 Likes

I hope it’s gonna be LiSA because her songs are energetic and catchy (and I like her voice).
hue

LiSA don’t do VA :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually… off-topic but I am surprised there is absolutely no mention of her contributing to Angel Beats 1st Beat lol

oh my bad then tehe~

That would be great if it was, I love her voice acting. But like you said, shes pretty pop, and they kinda directly stated it was gonna be rock music.

Otherwise, I think we should probably be considering VAs who can sing, not singers who might VA. Its certainly possible someone like LiSA, Yanagi Nagi, Lia, etc could have their debut VA role, but I find it unlikely.

1 Like

Sakakibara-san, pls

Probably KanaHana.
Since she’s is literally everything.

2 Likes