Charlotte - Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

I kind of remember that bit of info but I really can’t remember where it was from @_@ Huh, well, I guess you are probably right in that regard, though.

New artwork !

7 Likes

Lookin totally swagadelic~ Yuu especially! I like this artwork, and I do hope they make a clean version I can use as a wallpaper or something

I can’t tell if that’s Yusa or Misa! :stuck_out_tongue:

Its Yusa, her eyes are blue :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Confirmed: Charlotte has only 13 episodes.

And it’s broadcast day(in Japan)! Anyone has any idea which sub group are subbing Charlotte?

Crunchyroll? XP

But yeah, I’m not at all surprised, this confirms many of our suspicions. I hope people won’t be too quick to rage over this. Please be civil!

I’d just like to remind you all something that’s been restated over and over. The biggest issue with Angel Beats! was the pacing, and that’s because Jun Maeda wrote a story intended for 26 episodes, but was compressed into 13. The Charlotte staff have continually acknowledged the mistakes they’ve made with Angel Beats!, and promise to address them. Thus, we can be confident that this series was developed, from it’s conception to be contained within 13 episodes. Pacing should no longer be an issue. If you want further proof, look at the cast: Only 5 main characters, and arguably only 2 that are really going to be super important by the end. It’s not gonna feel crammed this time.

All I’m asking is, have faith. Episode count doesn’t make a series; good writing does.

3 Likes

Allow me to grab my popcorn…

Crunchyroll, Daisuki, Viewster all have it (I know Daisuki is free, I’m pretty sure Viewster is)

I’ve been on this side all-along. While I’m sure we’d all love more if the series is written for 13 episodes then 13 episodes is far better than 26. Anohana was amazing but would it have been if it was stretched longer than the writers intended?

1 Like

I’d say ‘yeah that’ usually I’d be fine with 13/26 either way, but Maeda has shown he has a problem not writing too damn much.
Works for a VN(and even then some of his stuff can drag), not for a cartoon.

Ooh I just saw it on the website as well!

Kanji is a bit hard to read for now, so I can’t comment on most of the episodes. However, it is veeery interesting that Episode 11 is entitled “Charlotte”. This might actually be the second time (after little busters) that the title of a Key work is an actual thing in the series… Or not :stuck_out_tongue: Only time will tell~ But at this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if the word “Charlotte” is uttered in the series at least once.

That’s what I’ve been trying to say for the longest time >_< So yeah, I do hope they wrote it well enough to stay within the bounds of this episode limit.

I dunno man, nobody in Air seemed to be particularly short on oxygen, I think the air was pretty damn present in that.

1 Like

I find it more weird that’s episode 11 and not 13. I might just miss it but don’t most anime that name an episode after the show name then finale not a couple episodes before it?

Not sure if the :stuck_out_tongue: face meant this was a joke but Little Busters and Rewrite?

Forgive me as I totally forgot about Little Busters when I was writing that post. I don’t know why I did, but I did.

But when I say “an actual thing” I meant something that the characters refer to in the series. Rewrite is more a concept than a “thing”, I think.

Well, uhh… You’re not wrong…

We have translated episode titles from an anon from /a/. Spoiler-tagged in case you don’t want any hints.

I Think of Someone Else
Melody of Despair
Love and Flames
The Ephemeral Truth
The Sound Once Heard
Oblivious Happiness
At the End of Escape
Chance Encounter
A World not Here
Pillage
Charlotte
Promise
Records From Today Forth

4 Likes

Episode 1 shenanigans
Implied Episode 2 drama, confirming it’s doomed from the get go because YOU CAN’T DO THAAAAAAAAAAT
Comedy episode
Twiests and turns all around, expand world
Hello music eccentric episode
Considering the next one is the ‘end’ of the escape, this is probably the start
Pretty sure everyone already knows they’re gonna ‘escape’ from the school
A chance encounter? With the Angel Beats cast.
The world not here? You mean the afterlife? I guess they’re dead now.
Pillage, as in ‘pillaging assets and writing from the last show we made’
Meteors
Kanon reference lel
See, she is recording everything

I may have stopped being serious about half way though.

So I went ahead and translated the titles. Some of the kanji were pretty hard o.o Will tag it in a spoiler, in case people don’t wanna see:

Episode 1: Waga Tanin wo Omou (I think of other people)

• We’ve already been hinted about this many times; This refers to Yuu’s inner thoughts
    Episode 2: Zetsubou no Senritsu (Melody of Despair)
  • Not sure what this could refer to, but considering the student council’s jobs, I am guessing a student has a melody-related power that they need to help out?
    Episode 3: Koi to Honoo (Love and Flames)
  • I’m thinking this will be a Yusa episode. Misa has already been confirmed to be able to create flames, so that’s what tipped me off
    Episode 4: Setsuna no Honki (Truth of the Moment)
  • A bit too general so I can’t make any comments about this
    Episode 5: Itsuka Kiita Oto (The Sound I Once Heard)
  • This seems like it’ll refer to something that happened in the past; Ooooh backstory~
    Episode 6: Kidzukanakatta Shiawase (The Happiness I Didn’t Notice)
  • The twitter previously confirmed this as the “turning point” of the series; the title definitely implies some sort of regret
    Episode 7: Touhikou no Hate ni (At the End of Escape)
  • This seems to tie into the other poster we’ve seen; Two people trying to escape from some facility
    Episode 8: Kaikou (Chance Meeting)
  • Possibly tied up with the previous episode? Someone comes to save them (If so, I bet on Joujirou!)
    Episode 9: Koko ni nai Sekai (The World That Isn’t Here)
  • This is where it gets interesting… The first thing that comes to mind here is the afterlife, and that adds even MORE ties to Angel Beats. Hrrrrrrmmmm…
    Episode 10: Ryakudatsu (Plunder)
  • Also a kind of general title, so I can’t think of anything in particular
    Episode 11: Charlotte
  • MUH CHARLOTTE
    Episode 12: Yakusoku (Promise)
  • Either a promise made in the past, or a promise to be kept for the future
    Episode 13: Korekara no Kiroku (The Record From Here on)
  • Sounds like a pretty good title for a final episode; implies hope for the future, and such

Very interesting titles, I think. I’m getting more and more curious as to how this thing will go.

OH MY GOD
I just realised Yuu’s name is a pun. “Why am I myself and not somebody else?” Yuu = You.

Heh.

3 Likes

I promised myself to avoid any kind of spoilers but I couldn’t resist and gave a look at the episode titles and now HYPE HYPE HYPE
Only one day left!!

2 Likes

OMG, the HYPE is so huge!!!
I think the name of an episodes by itself doesn´t say too much ( I think that’s why they posted the names)…
I just hope “charlotte” episode to have as much feels as “little busters!” episode from little busters.
I cannot stand this haipu!!!

1 Like